What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Not all. If you actually read my posts you will see that I was trying to drill down on what sort of a second wave would need to hit to cause a 30-40% drop on property values. It would need to be a catastrophic death toll. In the GFC prices dropped in Melbourne 30%, but the market felt that there was a correction needed in that city anyway.

View attachment 38808

Aaaaand, you can't even get through your own post without showing you don't have a clue.

The death toll could be ridiculously low if, say, the second wave measures were very harsh in order to knock it on the head.

The death toll of the first (possibly only?) wave had nothing to do with the coming 10% house price reduction. It was the government locking down that caused the economic hit that will flow on and cause issues in the back half of this year.

What, do you think the banks all said..."Hmmm, 100 deaths at 0.1% per death equals a 10% drop!"?

If there's a second wave then the government will have to make a choice. If they choose to let it burn then, economically, we'll get the smallest hit. If they decide to go hard then we'll get a bigger hit and that will have a range of effects - from unemployment to general confidence.

But that's a bit too difficult for you to understand, so I'm not surprised that you have already a) taken things out of context and b) misjudged the root cause of the economic problem.

Gronk

Staff member
Aaaaand, you can't even get through your own post without showing you don't have a clue.

The death toll could be ridiculously low if, say, the second wave measures were very harsh in order to knock it on the head.

The death toll of the first (possibly only?) wave had nothing to do with the coming 10% house price reduction. It was the government locking down that caused the economic hit that will flow on and cause issues in the back half of this year.

What, do you think the banks all said..."Hmmm, 100 deaths at 0.1% per death equals a 10% drop!"?

If there's a second wave then the government will have to make a choice. If they choose to let it burn then, economically, we'll get the smallest hit. If they decide to go hard then we'll get a bigger hit and that will have a range of effects - from unemployment to general confidence.

But that's a bit too difficult for you to understand, so I'm not surprised that you have already a) taken things out of context and b) misjudged the root cause of the economic problem.

So answer the question and lock in your bold prediction. What does the second wave look like, when will it hit and what will the economy look like to trigger a 30-40% drop in property prices. Gimme GDP and unemployment %. No fence sitting here or you’re only confirming your know it all no substance reputation.

How the f**k do I know when it will come? Or even if it comes?

Tomorrow? August? It was, what, 4 months between waves for the Spanish Flu? 5 months between peaks, maybe?

You see, Gronk, you're being defensive. Once again made to look like a fool and it hurts, so you're lashing out and trying to find some way to tie me up so you can play GOTCHA!

That says a lot about you, Gronk. Not that everyone here already doesn't know how your inferiority hurts you and how I live under your skin.

Keep going, Gronky. It's why I love you.

Gronk

Staff member
How the f**k do I know when it will come? Or even if it comes?

Tomorrow? August? It was, what, 4 months between waves for the Spanish Flu? 5 months between peaks, maybe?

You see, Gronk, you're being defensive. Once again made to look like a fool and it hurts, so you're lashing out and trying to find some way to tie me up so you can play GOTCHA!

That says a lot about you, Gronk. Not that everyone here already doesn't know how your inferiority hurts you and how I live under your skin.

Keep going, Gronky. It's why I love you.

See this what happens every time. You make these bold statements to boost your sense of self importance and when pressed for some meaningful meat on the bone, you piss your pants.

Keep ‘em coming Nostradamus.

Gronk

Staff member
When they do it it's scaremongering. When I do it it's a legitimate warning.
GOx67RjgVL4Zzfe8BrdrpoSBJjAA-7se5AwulqTtO6VsgD7u1D37XPGvA1IMkpdvQeNpR_2a86TGJqL_3a8942EZ0lrIgcQpOXF2BfGlIqavLNdmocIogT5zPye35aDiSk7D2NFBbetgopj-lsyPqPN2eRk=w300-h214

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And now you're implying mental illness is something to be embarrassed about and assuming the types of treatment people are receiving. What a piece of shit.

Gronk

Staff member
And now you're implying mental illness is something to be embarrassed about and assuming the types of treatment people are receiving. What a piece of shit.
No mate I’m sending ypu internet hugs, whether you need them or not.

Latest posts