What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

84 Baby

Referee
I'm trying to think what that was from. Simpsons?
Given what happened with the oscars f**king up their memorial montage. If they put Bill Pullman up instead people would have applauded I believe
It is. The episode where homer has crayon removed from his brain and becomes genius

Gronk

Staff member
True story. I was at Coles @ Central Coast last year and an old lady in front of me was counting coins to pay for her bread, milk,cans of food etc. I saw she was uncomfortable that she did not have enough and said to the check out chick that she could not afford this or that and started to hand back a can or two.

Partly due to my empathy towards her plight and partly due to my impatience for the f**king delay prompted me to say to the check out chick that I'll pay for it and I paywaved the $28 on my Amex card. I then said to the old lady (smiling) that it was all paid for and for her to have a good day.

So ............. she walked off with her groceries without saying a word to me. Was I conned ?

Below was @ Central Coast too ....

emjaycee

Coach
True story. I was at Coles @ Central Coast last year and an old lady in front of me was counting coins to pay for her bread, milk,cans of food etc. I saw she was uncomfortable that she did not have enough and said to the check out chick that she could not afford this or that and started to hand back a can or two.

Partly due to my empathy towards her plight and partly due to my impatience for the f**king delay prompted me to say to the check out chick that I'll pay for it and I paywaved the $28 on my Amex card. I then said to the old lady (smiling) that it was all paid for and for her to have a good day.

So ............. she walked off with her groceries without saying a word to me. Was I conned ?

Below was @ Central Coast too ....

Do you feel like you were conned?
Was it the same lady?
Do you own an orange tshirt?
Do you care about $28?
Would you do it again in the same circumstances?

strider

Post Whore
I don't think it's likely that I was conned and that the old lady was either a) too embarrassed to hang around or b) an arsehole.
I dont reckon you were conned ... she would have taken one look and thought as if this eastern suburbs latte sipper is gonna pay for my shit

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Can we just round Kyrigos and Tomic up, wrap them in carpet and then throw them off the Sydney Harbour Bridge?

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok guys what should a pub meal cost?
I see a pub as a place you have a beer and pub grub food. Nothing over $20.
Nowdays so many pubs are costing $20-32 for a meal. I can go to a restruant for less.
So im forced to only go pubs on half price nights.

Latest posts