What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

84 Baby

Referee
BTW I was at a cafe in Leichhardt the other day and a (smoking hot) Italian waitress was chatting saying that she was here under 12 months working visa. She said that youth unemployment was so bad in Italy that she had no choice but to come here (and maybe NZ next) just to get some cash.

Anyway, she said that she was finishing up at the cafe soon because she had to do her mandatory 3 months fruit picking gig. She said that if she picks fruit during the picking season then she gets to stay another 12 months.

I assume that aussies don't pick fruit as a rule ? Anyway I like what the Gov has done there.
I reckon she was angling you for another way to stay in country, you failed

strider

Post Whore
BTW I was at a cafe in Leichhardt the other day and a (smoking hot) Italian waitress was chatting saying that she was here under 12 months working visa. She said that youth unemployment was so bad in Italy that she had no choice but to come here (and maybe NZ next) just to get some cash.

Anyway, she said that she was finishing up at the cafe soon because she had to do her mandatory 3 months fruit picking gig. She said that if she picks fruit during the picking season then she gets to stay another 12 months.

I assume that aussies don't pick fruit as a rule ? Anyway I like what the Gov has done there.
I assume aussies stopped picking fruit when they started paying chicken feed to do it ... for a tourist its just a bit of an adventure to score a little cash while on holidays ... for a local, why would you wanna go to the back of nowhere to earn f**k all - especially when you can now get a job at the local maccas

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

The only fruit picking I've done involves grabbing my roll-ups from the supermarket shelf

I let all the Mediterranean Descendants take care of the front end stuff.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon I'd be taking your wife there daily just make sure that unfortunate waitress is doing ok

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy111 theory.

You allow backpackers to come in. They work for less. In trades,hospitality,nurses etc. Keeps wages lower. And standards of living drop. So big companies make more money The owners of companies then invest in properties to drive housing up and make people more desperate for work. Its a form of slavery really in a smart way. They can own you. Also once your working like a dog you only thought is survivng and not wtf is really going on. If people have plenty of cash they buy there freedom.
Thats not good for whatever is going on thou

Gronk

Staff member
I never really gave a crap about Hillary using gmail for stuff, but @Hollywood Jesus and his cohort certainly did.

Anyways, I might just put this here.

Latest posts