What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

T.S Quint

Coach
Not out ... ???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...hich-has-umpires-and-physicists-t_a_22076804/

The Bizarre Cricket Dismissal Which Has Umpires And Physicists Totally Stumped

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F529762fb3eda9a4b763a9958573611c2%2F205246263%2Fweird%2Bstump.JPG

Bails haven't been removed.
Not out.

Gronk

Staff member
I saw an interview on the news the night after - the big toughy fan wouldnt allow em to show his face ... why not?

Yeah I saw that. What a pussy.

He's after go away cash from George I reckon. Lower than a snakes arsehole.

strider

Post Whore
My initial reaction also... but they linked the rulebook in the article and it is indeed out.... If bails or stumps have been "put down" then it is deemed out apparently....
Yeah ... thats why with a runout, when the bails are already off, you are meant to rip a stump out of the ground

T.S Quint

Coach
So a merkin can yell abuse at you at the soccer, bait you about your personal life and family. I give you a push and tell you to STFU.

and then you get charged with assault. Seriously.

He got charged for that tiny little push?
What a ridiculous legal system we have. Waste of the court's time hearing cases like this.

Bazal

Post Whore
Also I like the idea of drug testing welfare recipients, but it will do very little.

Two of the lads I play cricket with were on the team that oversaw the pilot program in SA or WA or wherever it was for those welfare EFTPOS cards....people just started trading goods for drugs pretty quickly. Hell they do it in Canberra now without having cards, the cops we talk to reckon a lot of the grog that gets knocked off by overage thieves goes to drug dealers.

strider

Post Whore
What if the bails are off AND the stumps are out of the ground already?
Its an interesting thought ... can the batsmen then just run non stop by ensuring one of them are in at the other end at all times? Can the fielding team rebuild the stumps?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So should people on welfare be allowed to piss taxpayer's money away on drugs?

Firstly, its the govt's money, not the tax payers, it used to be the tax payers till they paid it to the govt

And when the govt give it to the people, its their to do what ever they like with it

Telling welfare recipients what to do with their money is something Kim Jong Un would do.

strider

Post Whore
Firstly, its the govt's money, not the tax payers, it used to be the tax payers till they paid it to the govt

And when the govt give it to the people, its their to do what ever they like with it

Telling welfare recipients what to do with their money is something Kim Jong Un would do.
Or you can just not give it to them at all when you know they wont do something responsible with it

f**kers who piss it away on drugs, alcohol and ciggys instead of buying food etc for their kids dont f**kin deserve to be making their own decisions tbh

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Or you can just not give it to them at all when you know they wont do something responsible with it

f**kers who piss it away on drugs, alcohol and ciggys instead of buying food etc for their kids dont f**kin deserve to be making their own decisions tbh

yeh true but I'm talking about those who spend their money on rent and and food and the rest on recreational drugs

if they blow the lot on drugs be that nicotine, alcohol or recreational drugs then they have a lifestyle problem

Gronk

Staff member
yeh true but I'm talking about those who spend their money on rent and and food and the rest on recreational drugs

if they blow the lot on drugs be that nicotine, alcohol or recreational drugs then they have a lifestyle problem

Meanwhile they need to be applying for jobs or participating in a program that will learn 'em skills so that can get a job. Sitting on your arse no longer cuts it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Meanwhile they need to be applying for jobs or participating in a program that will learn 'em skills so that can get a job. Sitting on your arse no longer cuts it.

You cant apply for jobs that dont exist. Might be different in Sydney, but if there are no jobs advertised there is nothing to apply for.