What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t think it will dude. I think it’s here to stay. I really do. I have cashed out my initial investment. It’s all my profits that’s in now.

What are you going to do with it all though? I dont get it. I mean whats point of keeping on buying investment properties. You just die anyhow. Wouldn't it be easier to learn to just be happy with nothing ?

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't want you to be impressed. I want you to make money. Then you can be impressed.

When did the arse fall out exactly you ignorant bastard? Find the price when I first posted about it and find it now. I think it was $2500 from memory and now it’s $12,000. Since then there has been three forks which has given out bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold and bitcoin diamond. Look those prices up to.

I truly wanted all members to buy in and make money. This is the beginning of how currency will be and it hasn’t even hit the main stream yet. Wait until India and Russia accept it as currency. Then you will see.

The trend has been upward since I spoke about this stuff you halfwit. Look before you leap and stick to golf.

https://www.coinspot.com.au/trade/btc

Or help drive the price up....Making yourself MORE money. For true happiness you must give up all possesions. Or atleast some.
Can I have a watch, I am always on time and wssnt to be able to use my watch as the reason.

hindy111

Post Whore
That's a matter of opinion. The fact mental illness diagnoses change proves there is no objective measure. It is an opinion call, and obviously politicised.

We all have a mental illness. Anyone who posts on here I reckon. Some more severe and some less. But where in this thing together.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyone watch Narcos? I just purchased a smart tv and netflix free for a month.
Really a great time in my life currently... Im f**king flying.

Gronk

Staff member
@Avenger I'm no software geek, nor am I an economist. Like most of who have lived more than half their lives, I am educated enough to know a lot about a bit and a bit about a lot.

So having disclosed that I am a layperson who really has NFI, this is how I see the cryptocurrency thing.

Blockchain technology will (has?) reinvent(ed) the wheel when it comes to trading. Simply because it offers security to the end users. The same way that WhatsApp provides virtually an unhackable communication platform via end to end encryption over the interweb, blockchain technology offers the same with money trading.

Brilliant.

Visa and mastercard (who combined must control a major chunk in daily money trading across the world) have started using this technology. Importantly Mastercard has started using blockchain technology WITHOUT using cryptocurrencies.

This is what I thought would happen when you started posting about Bitcoin. As if the banks (inlcuding Visa & Mastercard) where ever going to be held to ransom by being forced to buy billions for a virtual currency with no real value, just so they can play in the sandpit. Instead, they are reinventing the reinvented wheel. Soon Bitcoin etc no longer have the monopoly that drove the frenzy. Financial institutions will soon be able to trade safely using blockchain technology, after all this was the original aim. The cryptocurrency currency boom which accompanied this technology is a nice little earner, but IMHO will soon be redundant.

Which brings us to the the current Bitcoin (and others) shenanigans. It is real that your shares in this phenomenon are rising, but IMHO they are only increasing in value because of the human traits of greed and envy. Merkins are panicking that they will miss out and fueled with stories of get rich moments, the momentum goes on. Google any comment about bitcoin and you'll need to swim through 5 pages of self promoting blogs and websites all offering a calming rhetoric to the current coin holders and potential buyers. After all, if this this wave loses momentum, you all have nothing.

Yes merkins who have branded it a ponzi or pyramid scheme are wrong because it does not fit the pure definitions, but it does smell very much like a dot com bubble. Meaning that punters are paying way to much money for something that has little intrinsic value. The frenzy could end tomorrow or (as bitcoiners will want you to believe) could hit $US500k. Good on you for being in it and provided the idiots keep buying, then you will profit. IMHO however the system is profiting from idiocy and some might have a moral stance on it. It's a bit like having a wishing well in your front yard and passers buy are throwing gold coins in there. Yes it is more complicated than that bc they can actually get their money back AND might be lucky enough to make a profit, but it is still a wishing well.

You have befriended the dragon and he is letting you have some of his gold. Will it last or will the dragon turn on you ?

Hobbit-Desolation-Of-Smaug-Extended-Edition-Adds-25.jpg

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Some interesting opinions here about bitcoin:

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2017/11/bitcoin-going-1million-replace-central-banks/

"
At the heart of every Ponzi is a fraud, and the fraud at the heart of BTC is Tether. I have been aware of Tether for a while, but only recently have I become aware of the surge in the amount of Tether on issuance, and the explosion in Tether margin lending that has occurred primarily on one exchange – Bitfinex.

At the start of the year the amount of Tether on issue was $6m. By April 2017, an important date, that I will come back to, it had grown by 10 times the amount to $60m. Since April to the start of November the amount of Tether on issue has grown by a further 10 times to $600m…. in the last week it has added more than $60m.

What is Tether? Tether is a crypto currency that is supposedly backed on a One for One basis by USD…. supposedly. The only issue is that there has NEVER been an audit performed over the assets supposedly backing Tether. It is primarily used on a type of crytpo online exchange – one that is attempting to avoid specific US Banking regulations that arise around Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer rules that prevent these online exchanges for taking USD deposits – Tethers have become a crucial element in providing liquidity to these online exchanges.

The way the crypto markets work is this – a person opens an account on a legitimate exchange, deposits USD and then uses that $ to buy BTC. They then send this BTC to “online” exchanges which generally have a whole suite of exotic Crypto where they speculate by buying Shitcoin. When their Shitcoin appreciates far enough, the sell their Shitcoin against Tether – listed on all these exchanges very confusingly as USDT…. most people are unaware that they are buying Tether and not USD.

Now as I said, I would come back to April 2017 – why is April 2017 important? Because that is the month that both Bitfinex AND Tether lost access to the conventional banking system, when their accounts were closed by Wells Fargo. They have been operating since then, for 7mths WITHOUT A BANK ACCOUNT!!

Both Tether and Bitfinex are related parties – they are controlled by the same dodgy guys, guys so shady that if you were drinking a beer with them, you’d be sure to take your wallet with you when you went for a piss. Tether has been mentioned in the recent Paradise Papers, as has the directors of Bitfinex and Tether (same guys).

This here is a summary of how the scam works, it turned me from being uneasily ambivalent towards crypto to an outright bear:

http://www.ofnumbers.com/2017/11/09/a-note-from-bob-on-the-transparency-of-tether/

Basically the implication of this article is that Bitfinex/Tether is running a private QE operation – every time a major BTC sell off threatens, they issue more unaudited Tether through Bitfinex to support the price. Essentially they are counterfeiting USD in order to buy BTC, send them to legitimate exchanges and eventually extract them from the system..

Not only this, but the fake liquidity that they have created has flooded out of Bitfinex onto most of the other “online” exchanges that don’t have access to traditional bank accounts – Poloniex, Bittrex, and most of the Korean exchanges. The implication here is that with all the fake liquidity there has been no true price discovery.

Many people are familiar with MtGox’s failure, but what is not so well know are some of the details, including the fact that people trading coins on MtGox were not actually trading BTC, but rather Gox Coin, while their BTC were supposedly safely in the vault. Through shear stupidity Gox also carried out their own form of inadvertent quantitative easing – they simply minted Gox coin on the assumption that BTC had been transferred to their cold wallet – MtGox systems were so bad no reconciliations were ever done.

As a part of the MtGox scam to buy back BTC to cover their asses for their own hack, they had a Bot “Willy” that automatically bought BTC…. through a combination of their use of the Bot, their poor record keeping and their use of Gox coin, MtGox inadvertently counterfeited $100m USD – in the liquidity constrained BTC ecosystem this was enough to blow a $10bn bubble that exploded in 2013/14.

The Bot at MtGox, Willy was discovered when MtGox periodically lost access to the internet through DoS attacks. When no one else was able to buy, Willy bot was busy chugging away on MtGox. Over the weekend Bitfinex went down for an hour for crucial maintance… there is evidence of a Bot running trades in both BTC and the more liquidity constrained BCH over that period.

Bitfinex and Tether have issued nearly 700m!!! Unlike MtGox Bitfinex has an advanced margin lending system, so they’ve taken that 700m of fake USD and leveraged it further and in my opinion have blown the biggest bubble of all time.

I have sent this story through to Macro, but for whatever reasons they haven’t sought any reason to publish it. However, I have previously argued and defended Crypto – I strongly believe that many of the crypto coins have a strong Primary Use Case, that does create value – but I also recognise that there are flaws to their model that allow them to be exploited. It is for the reason that my defense of crypto may having persuaded people buy BTC that I am posting this comment… I have attached some further links here and will be happy to return throughout the day to answer any questions anyone has.

When USDT blows up, and it will, it will be a disaster. Anyone in any of those financial exchanges without access to hard currency will be massacred. It is possible BTC may shoot to 100k a coin on these sites as people desperately sell their Shitcoins for anything with the slightest hint of liquidity. Meanwhile on exchanges with access to hard currency, the price of BTC will plummet.

In my honest opinion it is only a matter of days, if not hours until this becomes commonly understood. There will be no CME futures listing – they HAVE to crash the market before then. You can f**k with crypto currency, but CME futures are a US market security derivative – you f**k with the US markets and you will go to jail – forever.

Over view of the scam
http://www.ofnumbers.com/2017/11/09/a-note-from-bob-on-the-transparency-of-tether/

Background

No Audit

Blogger denies it is a personal grudge

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2017/09/15/2193370/crypto-tethers-as-the-new-eurodollars/"

Won't claim I fully understand it however!

Avenger

Immortal
As long as people like Richard Branson and the founder of McAphee are on it I’m happy.

And despite what losers like Gary think I wanted you all to get on it and pull out whenever you see fit. Many of my mates already have as I said one of them had enough to put a 20% deposit on a house he bought.

The fact of the matter is that if you bought when I told you all of you would have made $10k from a single bitcoin. Every single one of you.

But that’s ok, there are more important things in life. I’m no Shylock I just sincerely wanted all of you to make money as I was near certain you would.

Merry Christmas. :christmas_tree::gift:

Gronk

Staff member
As long as people like Richard Branson and the founder of McAphee are on it I’m happy.

And despite what losers like Gary think I wanted you all to get on it and pull out whenever you see fit. Many of my mates already have as I said one of them had enough to put a 20% deposit on a house he bought.

The fact of the matter is that if you bought when I told you all of you would have made $10k from a single bitcoin. Every single one of you.

But that’s ok, there are more important things in life. I’m no Shylock I just sincerely wanted all of you to make money as I was near certain you would.

Merry Christmas. :christmas_tree::gift:

Mate these are nice stories and you may very well be coming from a good place. However you know also that if bitcoin holders wrote pessimistically rather than optimistically, it harms your chances in making cash.

Rather than hearing about the latest submariner you bought how about telling us why our money is safe in cryptocurrencies. Would you encourage your grandparents to put everything they own in bitcoins ?

Avenger

Immortal
Mate these are nice stories and you may very well be coming from a good place. However you know also that if bitcoin holders wrote pessimistically rather than optimistically, it harms your chances in making cash.

Rather than hearing about the latest submariner you bought how about telling us why our money is safe in cryptocurrencies. Would you encourage your grandparents to put everything they own in bitcoins ?
Firstly I don’t own a Rolex. Im an Omega and Seiko man. :grinning:

My grandparents are not alive but yes I have told my own parents and inlaws to invest. And they have. You realise you can sell them whenever you want? The price isn’t high enough for me to pull out just yet.

Here is my tip. This is the future. This cannot be stopped. Money is not pegged to gold or oil anymore. The power is back to the people and that’s why central banks are continually writing crap about cryptos. They have lost control and they know it. The 3 days for cheques to clear is a prehistoric way that these merkins made money for years. Credit cards are the same.

Crypto is instantaneous. If it’s not bitcoin it will be another. Bitcoin however will always stay as it’s like the US$. Everything is pegged back to it and usually any money made from others is put back into bitcoin.

I’m tipping it will reach at least US$10k by the end of year and will reach US$25k by 2020.

Let’s see how I go.

Lock it in Eddie.

hindy111

Post Whore
Firstly I don’t own a Rolex. Im an Omega and Seiko man. :grinning:

My grandparents are not alive but yes I have told my own parents and inlaws to invest. And they have. You realise you can sell them whenever you want? The price isn’t high enough for me to pull out just yet.

Here is my tip. This is the future. This cannot be stopped. Money is not pegged to gold or oil anymore. The power is back to the people and that’s why central banks are continually writing crap about cryptos. They have lost control and they know it. The 3 days for cheques to clear is a prehistoric way that these merkins made money for years. Credit cards are the same.

Crypto is instantaneous. If it’s not bitcoin it will be another. Bitcoin however will always stay as it’s like the US$. Everything is pegged back to it and usually any money made from others is put back into bitcoin.

I’m tipping it will reach at least US$10k by the end of year and will reach US$25k by 2020.

Let’s see how I go.

Lock it in Eddie.

The money in my bank dissapeared for 4 days. Till I went in and asked where it went then it re appeared. Where did it go i ask?

Latest posts