What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Firstly I don’t own a Rolex. Im an Omega and Seiko man. :grinning:

My grandparents are not alive but yes I have told my own parents and inlaws to invest. And they have. You realise you can sell them whenever you want? The price isn’t high enough for me to pull out just yet.

Here is my tip. This is the future. This cannot be stopped. Money is not pegged to gold or oil anymore. The power is back to the people and that’s why central banks are continually writing crap about cryptos. They have lost control and they know it. The 3 days for cheques to clear is a prehistoric way that these merkins made money for years. Credit cards are the same.

Crypto is instantaneous. If it’s not bitcoin it will be another. Bitcoin however will always stay as it’s like the US$. Everything is pegged back to it and usually any money made from others is put back into bitcoin.

I’m tipping it will reach at least US$10k by the end of year and will reach US$25k by 2020.

Let’s see how I go.

Lock it in Eddie.

Awsome. What I asked you was "how about telling us why our money is safe in cryptocurrencies" ?

I posted above how banks are starting to trade in blockchain without the need of cryptocurrencies. Previously you said that bitcoin etc were indispensable to the process, however now they are clearly not. So if the landscape has changed, how can you be so buoyant for the future ? Give me something meaty to chew on mate. No more free set of steak knives shit.

Avenger

Immortal
Awsome. What I asked you was "how about telling us why our money is safe in cryptocurrencies" ?

I posted above how banks are starting to trade in blockchain without the need of cryptocurrencies. Previously you said that bitcoin etc were indispensable to the process, however now they are clearly not. So if the landscape has changed, how can you be so buoyant for the future ? Give me something meaty to chew on mate. No more free set of steak knives shit.
Because banks will not develop there own Crypto, it costs too much, They will use one of the major ones to use block chain technology. For instance they may use Ripple for a centralised system.

Besides, why do we need banks for spending if I can pay for something across the world in seconds. Do you realise you can already buy a house with crypto in Malaysia? Do you realise that some services already accept cryto as payment. There is a dentist in Chatswood that accepts Etherium as payment.

We are at the very beginning. This is the future. It isn't going away.

Avenger

Immortal
Anyway whilst I have been trying to justify this shit to you guys, bitcoin is now at $12,766. It's gone up $500 just this morning. If you just trusted your mate, Avenger and had some balls all of you would have made a cool $500 in less than 3 hours.

Did you like that Gary, or do you want to dribble some more? Maybe you should shove those tulips up your arse.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Anyway whilst I have been trying to justify this shit to you guys, bitcoin is now at $12,766. It's gone up $500 just this morning. If you just trusted your mate, Avenger and stopped wuestioning me all of you would have made a cool $500 in less than 3 hours.

Did you like that Gary, or do you want to dribble some more? Maybe you should shove those tulips on your arse.
You are just proving my point about passive bragging.

Maybe you should answer Gronk's questions you dopey merkin. Answer them properly and don't skirt around the issue. Are you smart enough to do that?

Avenger

Immortal
You are just proving my point about passive bragging.

Maybe you should answer Gronk's questions you dopey merkin. Answer them properly and don't skirt around the issue. Are you smart enough to do that?
I did you f**kwit. Look above. And you and I know I am far from dopey. Choose another word.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I did you f**kwit. Look above. And you and I know I am far from dopey. Choose another word.
You didn't answer it you dopey shit. F**ken answer it.

Also, if you think I am impressed about $500 in 3 hours then you are sadly f**ken mistaken you dense, empty passive brag machine of little substance.

Avenger

Immortal
This is my last tip. I won’t talk about it for a year. This is what all of you should invest in:

Bitcoin
Etherium
Ripple
Litecoin
Monero
TenX
Power ledger

Your superannuation funds are doing it. Why can’t you?

Spread your investment between these and in a year come back to me. All I want is a thank you.

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Avenger

Immortal
You didn't answer it you dopey shit. F**ken answer it.

Also, if you think I am impressed about $500 in 3 hours then you are sadly f**ken mistaken you dense, empty passive brag machine of little substance.
Take my tips above and shut the f**k up you can eating westy aggressive dumb merkin.

Bitcoin is AU$12815 at time of writing.

#suckitupgaz

Gronk

Staff member
Because banks will not develop there own Crypto, it costs too much, They will use one of the major ones to use block chain technology. For instance they may use Ripple for a centralised system.

Did you visit this link ? http://fortune.com/2017/10/20/mastercard-blockchain-bitcoin/

IMB & Visa have teamed up and to do exactly what you say they can't do. Who says it costs too much ? Alternative currencies appear all the time. Are they created by corporations with deeper pockets than IMB & Visa ?

Mastercard are using blockchain WITHOUT cryptocurrencies.

You are glossing over this, why ?

Avenger

Immortal
Did you visit this link ? http://fortune.com/2017/10/20/mastercard-blockchain-bitcoin/

IMB & Visa have teamed up and to do exactly what you say they can't do. Who says it costs too much ? Alternative currencies appear all the time. Are they created by corporations with deeper pockets than IMB & Visa ?

Mastercard are using blockchain WITHOUT cryptocurrencies.

You are glossing over this, why ?
Not all of the investments is a crtypto, you realise that don’t you? For example TenX is a Debit card system.

Power ledger is a platform to enable households to trade excess solar power using peer to peer technology.

Trading in crypto and platform block chain technology is the new way of playing the stock market but in a digital and technological sense.

Why are you so risk averse to it? I’m not telling you to sell your house and
Move into Gary’s caravan.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Take my tips above and shut the f**k up you can eating westy aggressive dumb merkin.
I don't need your shitty, poorly explained tips. Particularly when others have discussed and explained the concept at a level you aren't capable of doing and have asked legitimate questions which you have barely addressed.

You're a dodgy shit pedalling fool who is too f**ken stupid to explain things beyond your own pathetic passive brags.

It may be the greatest thing ever and completely safe - but you haven't gone close to justifiying why that is the case. You are a substance-less cretin.

Why don't you build us a f**ken monorail as well?

IMG_1267.JPG

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why didn’t you do it then? Were you still working at the call centre or were you serving in the army?
By the time I had money I couldn’t afford to buy anywhere I wanted to live. Anyway the share market is treating me just fine. The rental market too. I live in a nice house some other merkin has to worry about.

eels81236

Bench
http://www.smh.com.au/business/cbd/...jordan-belfort-wont-tell-20171122-gzqu01.html

The wolf knows dodgy stuff when he sees it.

But back to Belfort's public service work. Wall Street is a real worry, he says.

"I think the lessons of the crash have been forgotten," he told the Guardian. "It feels like we are going back into a cycle of irrational exuberance."

And bitcoin is a bubble waiting to burst.

"It's artificially created scarcity," he says. "The problem I have with bitcoin right now is that it's very much like at the tail end of of 2007, 2008 right before the mortgage market blew up. You'd be getting your haircut and he'd be like: 'Oh yeah I also do mortgages on the side.' Everybody was a broker. Everyone's flipping houses. Now everyone's buying bitcoin. I promise you the end is near."

Artificially created scarcity is just about the crux of the matter. Are you Toni or Guy?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Why are you so risk averse to it? I’m not telling you to sell your house and move into Gary’s caravan.
Plenty of room @Gronk
th

th

Gronk

Staff member
Not all of the investments is a crtypto, you realise that don’t you? For example TenX is a Debit card system.

Power ledger is a platform to enable households to trade excess solar power using peer to peer technology.

Trading in crypto and platform block chain technology is the new way of playing the stock market but in a digital and technological sense.

Why are you so risk averse to it? I’m not telling you to sell your house and
Move into Gary’s caravan.

Here is what I think will happen. The big players will move in and push the pimple faced amature geeks out of the way.

Whilst the crypto merkins are busy trying to make money by their pseudo currency market the real players are working in the background and will render your stuff worthless or of little importance in the grand scheme of things.

I am not risk averse at all. I already own shares in Westpac and look they already have their toe in the water. When Joe Public decides to find someone to trust, he will decide on Westpac/IMB every day of the week over TenX.

Successful blockchain trial for bank guarantees
10 July, 2017

ANZ and Westpac have teamed with IBM and shopping centre operator Scentre Group and have now successfully digitised the bank guarantee process used for commercial property leasing.

The trial used Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) to eliminate the need for current paper-based bank guarantee documents, resulting in a single source of information with reduced potential for fraud and increased efficiency.

The partners involved in the trial have today released a whitepaper detailing how the solution worked and how it could be used in other situations that rely on bank guarantees.

In addition to eliminating the need for physical document management, the trial also addressed other inefficiencies in the current bank guarantee process, including the challenges in tracking and reporting of a guarantee’s status through multiple changes.

This forms part of a broader plan to build a shared solution with the rest of the industry, and to invite other organisations to participate in a larger pilot.

Commenting on the successful trial, Mark Bloom, Chief Financial Officer at Scentre Group, said: “An update of the decades-old process for issuing, tracking and claiming on guarantees is long overdue.

“With approximately 11,500 retailers across Australia and New Zealand, who use guarantees to support rental obligations, manual tracking of guarantees has been an extremely cumbersome and labour intensive process.”

Nigel Dobson, General Manager Wholesale Digital, Digital Banking at ANZ, said: “We have been keen to avoid the hype surrounding blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, and instead focused on practical and deliverable use cases.

“This proof of concept demonstrates how we can collaborate with our partners to develop a digital solution for customers, which also has the potential for industry-wide adoption.”

Andrew McDonald, General Manager Corporate and Institutional Banking at Westpac, said: “This is about removing the cost of fraud, error and operational risk that will continue as long as bank guarantees remain paper-based and manually issued.

“Next steps involve encouraging all industry players to adopt this technology so we can better protect and save money for our customers. Beyond that there is no reason why this couldn’t be applied across other industries.”

Dr. Joanna Batstone, Vice President and Lab Director of IBM Research Australia, said: "Using an agile approach, IBM collaborated with ANZ to combine the bank’s deep knowledge of the industry and their partners, with IBM's blockchain expertise.

“The business use case demonstrates the opportunity to lift efficiency and transparency for all parties involved. We believe blockchain can potentially drive productivity across all Australian industries."

https://www.westpac.com.au/about-westpac/media/media-releases/2017/10-july-1/

Avenger

Immortal
I don't need your shitty, poorly explained tips. Particularly when others have discussed and explained the concept at a level you aren't capable of doing and have asked legitimate questions which you have barely addressed.

You're a dodgy shit pedalling fool who is too f**ken stupid to explain things beyond your own pathetic passive brags.

It may be the greatest thing ever and completely safe - but you haven't gone close to justifiying why that is the case. You are a substance-less cretin.

Why don't you build us a f**ken monorail as well?

View attachment 16557
Thank you for using my shitty poorly explained tips as your signature block. Do I get an apology or a thread to myself when it comes true or should I just try and justify myself to a nobody like you whilst crypto currencies have now surpassed the market cap of visa?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptocurrencies-surpass-market-cap-of-visa-at-285-billion/

#doyourownresearch

and Mr Tesla says hi. Please see below.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
At least Gronk has some fair points which I have researched and considered. You however Gary are how can I say a little different.