What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
Anything red white and blue can f**k right off, we are not Ingerlund.

Neither is the USA, France, Chile, Cuba, The Czech Republic, Haiti, Iceland, North Korea, The Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Samoa, The Philippines, Thailand, just to name some of them.

It works for them, I'm good with the flag as is, I see no real reason to change it now, we are still a commonwealth nation with links to British Monarchy, like it or not. Until that changes, and we become a completely independent Republic, the flag should remain as it is.

That being said, were we to adopt a new flag, I have no idea what it would look like, I do like the idea of incorporating the indigenous culture into it, but that should only be more of a influence, the flag should represent Australian culture as a whole, rather than having to recognise any group specifically.

I think that if we were to choose a new flag, it would be a clusterf**k of PC and special interest group all shouting trying to get something onto it that it would probably end up looking like some stupid type of collage of iconic cultural images all mashed onto a rectangle.

Gronk

Staff member
Nick Kyrgios being a total c**k again vs Andy Murray @ US Open.

Amy S ‏@s4fam2m2 minutes ago
Can we ban @NickKyrgios from match play for a few years? Really hard to watch. Such talent, yet embarrassment to the sport & Aus. #USOpen

Del Mains ‏@Delboy734m4 minutes ago
Nick Kyrgios is the biggest asshole in the entire world of sport... What a twat!!! #notasgoodasyouthinkyouare

JeanGrey80 ‏@JeanGrey805m5 minutes ago
A memo to Nick Kyrgios - the difference between you and Agassi as "bad boys" is that Agassi cared. #TryHarder

MG ‏@demboys1036m6 minutes ago
@lleytonhewitt @NickKyrgios Hahahhaahhaha he is a f**kin Embarrassment Lmfaoo look how he acts, aren't you ashamed??!

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
Nick Kyrgios being a total c**k again vs Andy Murray @ US Open.

Amy S ‏@s4fam2m2 minutes ago
Can we ban @NickKyrgios from match play for a few years? Really hard to watch. Such talent, yet embarrassment to the sport & Aus. #USOpen

Del Mains ‏@Delboy734m4 minutes ago
Nick Kyrgios is the biggest asshole in the entire world of sport... What a twat!!! #notasgoodasyouthinkyouare

JeanGrey80 ‏@JeanGrey805m5 minutes ago
A memo to Nick Kyrgios - the difference between you and Agassi as "bad boys" is that Agassi cared. #TryHarder

MG ‏@demboys1036m6 minutes ago
@lleytonhewitt @NickKyrgios Hahahhaahhaha he is a f**kin Embarrassment Lmfaoo look how he acts, aren't you ashamed??!

What's he doing?

Haynzy

First Grade
If we are going to go ahead as a nation we must recognise our indigenous people if we were to change our flag.

I quite like the NZ one on the bottom right.

For an Aussie flag, this one would be my pick.

recon.gif

Kornstar

Coach
I quite like the NZ one on the bottom right.

For an Aussie flag, this one would be my pick.

recon.gif

The only problem I have with it is that it looks like 2 flags shoved into one. Does the southern cross have to be with a blue background?

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
We already have a flag. Locked in already and called Flag of Australia.

BTW PM in 1994 was Paul Keating.

In view of the flag’s wide acceptance and importance in Australian society, the Commonwealth took steps in 1994 to give the flag legal recognition. After a period of public consultation, in July 1995 the Aboriginal flag was proclaimed a ‘Flag of Australia’ under the Flags Act 1953.
In 1997 the Federal Court recognised Harold Thomas as the author of the flag.
http://www.naidoc.org.au/indigenous-australian-flags

australian_aboriginal_flag.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
The only problem I have with it is that it looks like 2 flags shoved into one. Does the southern cross have to be with a blue background?

We need to have the Snowy Mountains scheme, Warragamba Dam and compo to show the Mediterranean_Descendant influence.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Indigenous flag is the indigenous flag, not to be confused with an Australian flag.

Big difference.

I dont give a f**k about other countries, I'm a green and gold man.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So that French floosie was all a publicity stunt

[youtube]Uv4wyfmheLY[/youtube]

ash411

Bench
I would have no issue if that was our flag.

Honestly, I would.

Now, before everyone starts calling me a racist, hear me out.

The indigenous Flag of Australia is representative of the indigenous people of Australia, it's their flag. If we were to adopt a new flag for Australia, it would need to represent ALL of Australia, both indigenous and others alike.

We would need to design a new flag that represents all of us, while not excluding anyone. If we were to take this leap, It's the first step in our history that we should all take as one.

Adopting a flag that already exists isn't the way to do that.

Kornstar

Coach
Honestly, I would.

The indigenous Flag of Australia is representative of the indigenous people of Australia, it's their flag. If we were to adopt a new flag for Australia, it would need to represent ALL of Australia, both indigenous and others alike.

We would need to design a new flag that represents all of us, while not excluding anyone. If we were to take this leap, It's the first step in our history that we should all take as one.

:lol:

I really wouldn't care if the flag was pink with polka dots to be honest. The flag means very little to me.

yy_cheng

Coach
Honestly, I would.

How about blue with 4 gold stripes ?

Maybe the words Dyldam below the stripes

Gronk

Staff member
Warning - not for the faint hearted --> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN7s96-U8AAoBmm.jpg

I get where the digital author is trying to say. Amazing how we can stand and watch the greatest human tragedy since WWII and shrug our shoulders to it.

Iceland have a population of 350,000 yet they have said that they can take 10,000.

What are we doing ?

ash411

Bench
Warning - not for the faint hearted --> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN7s96-U8AAoBmm.jpg

I get where the digital author is trying to say. Amazing how we can stand and watch the greatest human tragedy since WWII and shrug our shoulders to it.

Iceland have a population of 350,000 yet they have said that they can take 10,000.

What are we doing ?

I'm not touching that.. no way, way too hot a topic.

I hope things work out for them, from what I've seen it's a terrible situation. That's all I'll say about it.

keitel

Juniors
You know I can watch movies where men are slaughtered on a battlefield but can't watch children or animals being hurt. So I won't watch. Maybe I need to make an appointment to see Freud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts