What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

None Of Corey Parkers Business....

Bench
You must have missed his last few seasons. One of the most consistent hard working forwards to have played for the club. And a pretty good goal kicker to boot.
Exactly,some people have no idea,Parker is a very good player,well respected player at the Bronco's,has captained the side many a time,unfortunately for not many wins,and is a great goal kicker.

Nightward

Juniors
What about Justin Hodges... from roosters wanting to leave mid season...

... after the complete disintegration of his personal life, including breaking up with his fiancee (who was supposedly with another member of the team who bragged about it), and the Roosters decided not to help him with any of that.

Not hard to see why he might say "You know, I'm not happy here and want to be closer to my family and friends and start over somewhere else."

A little bit different to "I'd rather have an extra 100, 000 bucks, thanks," especially seeing as he returned for less money and no garuantee of a starting spot, much less returning to his preferred position.

Parker will be signing for the Roosters soon anyway.

I am more likely to spontaneously turn purple in the next five seconds.

What Parker said is 100% correct and as a senior member of the club Inglis reneged on has every right to state Inglis is a turncoat and Brisbane don't need people like that.

Inglis has never played for Broncos...

What about Justin Hodges... from roosters wanting to leave mid season...

We allowed him to negotiate with Brisbane because his life was falling and he had become a massive liability in the team who didn't want to live in Sydney anymore because he missed mummy Bennett.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I think he has every right to an opnion

contract law says Brisbane could force inglis to play for them if they wanted
him to

but who would want that cheating liar at their club I certainly woundnt

What contract law is this?

1 Specific Performance is equity.
2 Any award of specific performance is discretionary and often only given for unique items and land.
3 It is incredibly rare to turn employment contracts into servitude a.k.a slavery.

And don't even get me started on Gallop's dream about Turner... big words that the judicary would have decimated.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
you dont buy a house on a handshake...

the are many clauses in a contract.. a million dollar contract is not done over a handshake...its valid when its signed on paper and both lawyers approve,,as many details to agree on
Contracts do not need to be in writing and signed. The only time they NEED to be in writing is Statute of Frauds - however the doctrine of part performance means contracts for the sale of land etc (MYLEGS) done on a handshake are enforcable when criteria other than being in writing and signed are met.

If Inglis broke his leg out for the season do you think they will still sign
him ?
Now you're getting warm......

Last edited:
1. Corey is merely speaking the truth. We don't want him now and glad hes not coming because we don't want dropkicks that don't want to play for that club. To play for the Broncos is an honour.

37. I'm proud as hell of Corey to hear him come out and put forth something that he actually thinks, rather than the cliched sh*t that is usually said in this situation.

482. he's*

kmav23

Juniors
Inglis changed his minds... end of story....

move on.....

loyalty is for dogs... in business.... ask Joel...

kmav23

Juniors
Contracts do not need to be in writing and signed. The only time they NEED to be in writing is Statute of Frauds - however the doctrine of part performance means contracts for the sale of land etc (MYLEGS) done on a handshake are enforcable when criteria other than being in writing and signed are met.

Handshakes means nothing.... as there are too many details... in a contract..to make it invalid...null void...

if i shake hands to buy your house... do you think any court will enforce that....

there maybe 10 plus pages in a contract....

league

Juniors
Parker has every right to say what he said as a loyal senior member of the squad.

But one thing is for sure, Souffs will remain a club with a losing culture and Inglis or anyone else won't be able to change that :lol:

The 18th Man

Juniors
It's all been said. As a senior Brisbane Broncos player, Parker has every right to voice his opinion on the Inglis backflip. I appreciate his honesty. I am sure Bronco fans and the playing ranks do too. I would have liked it coming from their captain, but Parker is the VC so it carries the same weight for most.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's all been said. As a senior Brisbane Broncos player, Parker has every right to voice his opinion on the Inglis backflip. I appreciate his honesty. I am sure Bronco fans and the playing ranks do too. I would have liked it coming from their captain, but Parker is the VC so it carries the same weight for most.
Their captain, unlike Parker, acted like a leader with grace, glass and dignity. Parker should have reacted more like him, not the other way around. Lockyer is one of the most respected people in the game for a reason.

Nightward

Juniors
This would be the same Lockyer who made the Raper joke and got drunk in public and carried on like a twit, yes?

Lockyer is an on-field genius. He may be a good bloke off it. I don't know. What I do know is that I've always respected Parker a lot more than Lockyer.

Any statements Lockyer has made on it would have been in writing via his column. Small surprise that he would be a lot more guarded.

Whilst Lockyer has nothing on Johns where off-field antics are concerned, one can be "one of the most respected people in the game" and not be up to the standards you seem to be wanting to push in order to talk up your (possible) new recruit. Hells, Gallen is a gub and a thug on and off the field, yet is "highly respected" as well. One does not imply or require the other.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBh clubs have been doing it for decades, promise a player a contract then pull the offer when someone better comes along. Nothing was signed, he hasn;t broken any laws, I'd be looking for the best deal as well if i was him. Only thing I don't like is his link up with the Mundine/Weidler circus and them using him for a bit of publicity ala SBW.

bottle

Coach
stop posting now while there are still a few posters left who think you a have a double digit IQ

Isn't that what the 23 stands for?
Joke Kmav, joke.
But on the issue, Parker's a mere human, entitled to an opinion like the rest of us with an arsehole. His club involved, absolutely his business if he so chooses. If he decides to air it publicly it's also his choice. Most of these things that are said and end up upsetting people are usually in response to a question by a 'journalist', and end up being reported in a way designed to gain maximum outrage and scandal.
And as far as who said what or what and why the Hodges issue eventuated, who cares, irrelevant. What's it got to do with Parker's opinion on this matter?

The 18th Man

Juniors
Their captain, unlike Parker, acted like a leader with grace, glass and dignity. Parker should have reacted more like him, not the other way around. Lockyer is one of the most respected people in the game for a reason.

The comments of Parker is what I'd expect the dressing room feelings to be. Lockyer played the safe card and whilst his opinion is to be respected, I feel he could have been more direct and to a degree honest given a QLD team mate just went back on his word and threw the Broncos off-season into end of season chaos. A headache the club wanting to rebuild for a finals run can do with out.

There is a time and place to play it safe, Lockyer in my opinion chose a time when he would have been given a pass by all if he expressed his frustration here.

Greg Inglis looked after himself, fine, though he did so whilst losing the respect of many who value a handshake deal or believe that man's word is still his honor.

I dunno. I aknowledge Parkers good games but he makes a few mistakes and usually at crucial parts of the game. He doesn't seem to be a good leader for his veteran status and I'm not talking about him at captain, more so him leading the pack. Thaiday lifts his fellow broncos forwards intensity way more. I'm not hating on Parker though as his defense is solid and his personal go forward isnt too bad. What I am saying however is that for a 10year Bronco his had more ordinary seasons then great ones.

This would be the same Lockyer who made the Raper joke and got drunk in public and carried on like a twit, yes?

Lockyer is an on-field genius. He may be a good bloke off it. I don't know. What I do know is that I've always respected Parker a lot more than Lockyer.

Any statements Lockyer has made on it would have been in writing via his column. Small surprise that he would be a lot more guarded.

Whilst Lockyer has nothing on Johns where off-field antics are concerned, one can be "one of the most respected people in the game" and not be up to the standards you seem to be wanting to push in order to talk up your (possible) new recruit. Hells, Gallen is a gub and a thug on and off the field, yet is "highly respected" as well. One does not imply or require the other.

A better example would be Petero or Preston. On field and off the field both have earned their respect from fellow players, most fans and media alike. That was built on playing tough but to the laws and being aware to not make fools of themselves in the public and usually reply in an intelligent and well
mannered fashion. Its gonna be sad when they retire.

gregstar

Referee
well i'd certainly take a player manager's word any day.

especially an agent who signed two contracts for his player as part of the biggest & most dishonest rort in rugby league history.

so, in order, his second contract & boat was most important, then his legal bill was most important, then his girlfriend (who he hit to protect herself from herself) was most important thus championing a relocation to brizzie, then the weather was important (because big raindrops cause plane crashes) & now finally mundine has helped him uncover what is important.

'the man' certainly knows his stuff.

anthony you are wasted in boxing.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The comments of Parker is what I'd expect the dressing room feelings to be. Lockyer played the safe card and whilst his opinion is to be respected, I feel he could have been more direct and to a degree honest given a QLD team mate just went back on his word and threw the Broncos off-season into end of season chaos. A headache the club wanting to rebuild for a finals run can do with out.
Well Lockyer, Smith and Slater who are 3 of the most high profile QLD players have all wished Inglis well. I think he'll be very welcome in the QLD lockerroom in 2011.

There is a time and place to play it safe, Lockyer in my opinion chose a time when he would have been given a pass by all if he expressed his frustration here.
Just because he could have said something more critical of GI doesn't mean he should have. Anyone can say nice things during the easy times, it takes a real man to be dignified in difficult situations.

Greg Inglis looked after himself, fine, though he did so whilst losing the respect of many who value a handshake deal or believe that man's word is still his honor.
People that believe that should come into the 21st century. There's been plenty of examples of clubs backing out of handshake agreements when something better comes along. This is 2010, if you don't have a signature you don't have much of anything.