What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northies

Mango Jam is an absolute shocker of the name. I can sort of live with the name, but I wish they didnt have it written in such big letters in full view. It really takes the shine off Northies.

Too right. I cant sort of live with the name, it's a humiliation. Imagine saying to someone "yeah I'll meet you at mango jam in an hour". What a disgrace. I cant believe the expense that has gone into that name change, with the new shirts for staff, the big writing, advertising etc. The worry is how many people would have had to OK the name...whoever is in management should be fired, what a joke of a name. What are the other bars going to be called? Scrap the sports bar and the northies bar or whatever they call it, what about lychee juice and raspberry puree?

The pokies room can be called tangy marmalade or blueberry conserve. What a joke!

Booyah

Bench
Coogee Bay Hotel is good

Only when the Poms aren't out in force. The turds take over the joint. The best thing about the place is the Beer garden I reckon.

The palace is a shithole - but that doesn't stop me! :lol:

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Trivia for the day:

Northies was called Hotel Cronulla Paradis Sur Mer in 1930. It was owned by Tooth and co and operated by licesee Reginald (a huge sharks fan) Walker.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Mango Jam?? I thought that was stuff you dispense after a heavy night on the cans and a good curry. :-&

MEE

Juniors
sharknows said:
Had a few beers at the Newport Arms just before xmas - an awesome pub with the best outlook for a pub that I can think of. I went to the upstairs bar and asked for a couple of schooners only to be told they don't sell schooners.... middies or PINTS only...needless to say it was pints!
Now that's a pub that I know!

Thanks for the feedback. I can now sleep tonight now knowing what this mysterious northies is.

Jimbo

Immortal
The only bad thing about Northies is the Mergeed Scum players that can't keep themselves away from the joint...

Shark

Bench
Well Jimbo, would YOU drink anywhere in their turf??? Can't blame them really. Most of them are too ashamed to live in that barren parcel of land borderd by the Georges River to the South, and the Cooks River to the North, so why would they drink there?

Macca

Coach
I miss the old Northies.

The Sunday sessions out on the balcony and the Saturday arvo's down in the blood pit watching all the blues and playing pool.

The new Northies is still good but it has lost alot of it's character. The babes were always there and still are, but it has gone way too up market for me now. What the hell is "mango jam".

The back bar is ok but there is no view and the front verandah (street level) is always packed with wanna be's. It has gone too yuppie for me.

That's why I like Taren Pt pub. That's a bloke's pub.

The back bar is ok but there is no view and the front verandah (street level) is always packed with wanna be's. It has gone too yuppie for me.

That's why I like Taren Pt pub. That's a bloke's pub.

The sports bar is fun yes, especially with a good band on. Great atmosphere especially towards the end of the night when everyone is well inebriated.

The front IS always packed, and yes often with tossers.

I avoid the main bar on weekend nights like I avoid the St George region. Far too many people, I even hate walking through there.

Taren pt pub is a bit too far out of the way for my liking. For a good night out you cant go wrong at Paddies, Cronulla. Great atmosphere but you gotta get there early for a table, and take some mates and chicks. That's a smoking hot tip!

Macca

Coach
I have been to Paddy's a few times and I agree it goes alright.

TP Pub is out of the way? It's in between Northies and Carmens man.

Shark said:
Well Jimbo, would YOU drink anywhere in their turf??? Can't blame them really. Most of them are too ashamed to live in that barren parcel of land borderd by the Georges River to the South, and the Cooks River to the North, so why would they drink there?

1. Oatley pub
2. Err...
3. that's it.

Macca

Coach
I don't TP pub is for you though SS. Not enough chicks, just us blokes having a beer before we move on to the night clubs.

Latest posts