What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Not held"?

SET2JT

Juniors
I thought the Ref should have blown a penalty to the Dragons as the 3rd NZ player who came in and lifted Scotts leg was late. The ref must have thought the tackle was still incompleat thats why he let him carry on with the tackle and thats why Scott was allowed to offload.

Constraint

Juniors
No-one's whinging about the fact that the Warriors didn't play by the 'whistle/call'. We're all well aware of that, and for that reason I suppose they deserved to concede the try. Fairly obviously the point of the thread is that it was a terrible call by some fairly average refs. Hence "Not held"? in the title..

Jason Maher

Immortal
Why is it only when Saints cop a good call that some dickhead feels compelled to make a thread about it?

The reason it wasn't called held is that Scott was still fighting to offload and the Warriors sent in another defender to stop it. If you say it was held, then the correct call was a penalty to Saints for a defender coming in late.

And if we're counting points, take 6 off the Warriors for the scrum win against the feed that shold have been a Saints ball (Warriors scored from the ensuing set).

Vic Mackey

Referee
he seemed pretty held to me, but at the end of the day if the ref hasnt called held then he isnt. warriors have no one to blame but themselves

bottle

Coach
Why the thread? The stains get a leg up again, Whats unusually about that.

What I find more unusually is that Matai didn't take the opportunity to dogshot someone on Friday night. Perfect chance blown for him. Still there's 80 minutes of regular competition time left for him to get suspended or sent off as per usual.

Nice to see you've changed your av from a cat to a dog.

Rebel

First Grade
Why is it only when Saints cop a good call that some dickhead feels compelled to make a thread about it?
/QUOTE]
F**kwit. This is the first thread I have started and I would have started it regardless of who was playing. It was clearly a question, should it have been called held or not. That is the purpose of the thread.

sting

Bench
well i think it might have if they dont score there then thats 4 points that they dont get.

Please.

It was very early on and the Warriors had all game to score points and they didn't.

What's to say there wouldn't be a try on the next play?

What's to say Maloney or Locke don't get injured in the next play and Saints go onto win by 40?

Decisions only "cost the game" if the opposition doesn't have a chance to respond.

What I find more unusually is that Matai didn't take the opportunity to dogshot someone on Friday night. Perfect chance blown for him. Still there's 80 minutes of regular competition time left for him to get suspended or sent off as per usual.

Nice to see you've changed your av from a cat to a dog.

i had an eye out for watmong, you know he was itching for it :lol:

I havnt seen the replay, but it did look like he was still moving forward.

anyway the ref didn't call held, so there is nothing to argue here.

also, there have been similar cases go against us where refs were taking long to call held and a try is scored from it.

RHCP

Bench
One of the Warriors was still holding up his leg and trying to drive, Scott was still trying to get the ball away. I have no idea why they dropped off despite the referee not calling held.

I'm fine with it.

Latest posts