What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Not held"?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Haha you seriously don't think that it should have been a penalty try in the WC final? There's about you and 3 other people who think that. You're delusional.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Haha you seriously don't think that it should have been a penalty try in the WC final? There's about you and 3 other people who think that. You're delusional.

I didn't have a massive issue with that. The blatantly wrong non-call for the forward pass in the Tri-Nations final last year was far more controversial

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I didn't have a massive issue with that. The blatantly wrong non-call for the forward pass in the Tri-Nations final last year was far more controversial

Thats fair, but remember in the lead up to Aus's first try Brett Morris put a foot in touch....I'm sure he got away with that some other time as well......

carcharias

Immortal

pretty sure it was Inglis who cleaned it up about a second after it was kicked.

Penalty yes - sin bin yes - but massive doubts he would have
1) got to the ball before Inglis and
2) been able to actually get it down

Rebel

First Grade
mate you need to watch some more footy ......heaps more.
That was a pass that happens every week.

wait until a team scores in a grand final after running out over the sideline in the lead up...

or a team gets 7 tackles in a grand final.

or a tackled player taps and plays on and scores with a marker ..in a grand final

or a player gets awarded a penalty try in a world cup final with about a 10% chance of actually regaining a chip kick .

oh wait...hang on.

Lol. I LOVE how you are totally missing the point and going off on tangents. Cute.

Rebel

First Grade
Who would of thought that a thread about a call in a Dragons-Warriors game would lead to a Sharks fan crying about the World cup. Didnt see that one coming.

carcharias

Immortal
who would have thought a perfectly legal try would be seen as one of the worst decisions by a ref that a warriors fan has ever seen?

naturally, the call went against the Warriors..

didn't see that coming.

I just used a few examples off the top of my head where a ref had made worse calls..way worse.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
pretty sure it was Inglis who cleaned it up about a second after it was kicked.

Penalty yes - sin bin yes - but massive doubts he would have
1) got to the ball before Inglis and
2) been able to actually get it down

It was Slater. The ball was dropping about 2 metres in front of Hohaia who was on track straight fo it, would have fell to him nicely so there he wasn't even required to pick up a bouncing ball. I guess there is a possibility that Slater may have been able to hold him up but thats it. Soon as it happened Gould and Sterling said that has to a penalty try without a doubt. Hohaia was denied what was very likely going to be a try over the line. Penalty try any day of the week.

Rebel

First Grade
who would have thought a perfectly legal try would be seen as one of the worst decisions by a ref that a warriors fan has ever seen?

didn't see that coming.

I just used a few examples off the top of my head where a ref had made worse calls..way worse.
Umm... when did I say I was a Warriors fan?
I think it was a bad call, so the thread was started. Regardless who was playing.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

didn't see that coming.

90% of the complaints in here are not from our fans. Hell, the thread was not started by one of our fans.

And the irony of you saying Warriors fans are complaining, then dredging up a bonafide penalty try that happened against your team three years ago, is laughable.

Enjoy September.

coolsteve

Juniors
it happened again in the broncos -manly game .the refs are gonna have to make a LOUD early call , or wreck the finals for someone

Latest posts