What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

big hit!

Bench
I also predict Storm win this week... Come back when I'm wrong...

Souths will lose to Melbourne.

Week-long camp in NQ last week finishing up the final loaded phase of their training cycle, return to Sydney and then back on a plane to Melbourne. They'll be out of routine, and still in recovery.

But keep underestimating. Will be the best scenario for Souths.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Easier draw, higher PD

Whinge whinge whinge. We have already been through this. There is no verifiable difference in our draws.

We have already played Manly and Bulldogs twice who are two of your opponents in your ?tough? draw to come. Would you like us to play them 3 teams and not play the Titans/Wests at all who you have/will play twice?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Where did this thread go wrong? I simply put my input on the Roosters and then this happens!
Haha indeed.

And your input is more than welcome!

And whereas I like to respond with a genuine critique of why you're completely wrong; others tend to think it necessary to reply with a load of insulting, inane txt jibber.

GONZO72

Juniors
Agree tommy.

My comments are well constructed, well thought out, and beautifully delivered. I have maintained for weeks now, that Souths will falter. Souths fans get all worked up, and abusive. It's sad, it really is. 42 years of garbage is set to become 43. It's a statistic that will linger on for years.

Lucas-Con

Juniors
Agree tommy.

My comments are well constructed, well thought out, and beautifully delivered. I have maintained for weeks now, that Souths will falter. Souths fans get all worked up, and abusive. It's sad, it really is. 42 years of garbage is set to become 43. It's a statistic that will linger on for years.

Your posts are nothing but team swapping and calling bulldog and souths fans morons so please know your role and shut your mouth merkin.

BranVan3000

Coach

Whinge whinge whinge. We have already been through this. There is no verifiable difference in our draws.

We have already played Manly and Bulldogs twice who are two of your opponents in your ?tough? draw to come. Would you like us to play them 3 teams and not play the Titans/Wests at all who you have/will play twice?

Face the reigning premiers (Melb) once, reigning spooners (Parra) twice. Only travel interstate twice all season, get Titans, Brisbane and Melbourne at home. Smooth start and finish to the season. And through luck you've run into a lot of teams with an injury toll.

In relative terms, no draw is easy. But you can certainly have an easier draw than others by who you face, when you face them and how many times you have to do it.

Rabbitohs had an easy draw last year for example, I can admit that.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Face the reigning premiers (Melb) once, reigning spooners (Parra) twice. Only travel interstate twice all season, get Titans, Brisbane and Melbourne at home. Smooth start and finish to the season. And through luck you've run into a lot of teams with an injury toll.

In relative terms, no draw is easy. But you can certainly have an easier draw than others by who you face, when you face them and how many times you have to do it.

Sorry but that's just crap.

I can't even be bothered to argue why atm.

The draw tends to even itself out over an entire season.

The only team i'd argue to have had a cushy draw would be the Bulldogs who got teams at the right time during Origin; only to f**k it up a little by losing to us.

BranVan3000

Coach
Sorry but that's just crap.

I can't even be bothered to argue why atm.

The draw tends to even itself out over an entire season.

The only team i'd argue to have had a cushy draw would be the Bulldogs who got teams at the right time during Origin; only to f**k it up a little by losing to us.

Maybe your draw isn't as cushy as Bulldogs, but its certainly easier than the Rabbitohs. Not that we can really blame any one, half the issue is we are travelling a lot and plenty of it is self inflicted. Still don't know why we took games to Cairns and Perth - despite winning those matches. And drawing good TV ratings has meant that Nine threw all the best teams at us to end the season. To be fair though, we had it really easy last year so it evens out

Would love to have the Rooster's draw to finish the season.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well the avg. position of teams we're facing this year (as things currently stand) is 8.54.

The avg. for Souths is 8.29. So the difference is negligible.

As for road trips, you've only faced 1 team inside the top 8 on a road trip outside of Sydney. Granted, you'll have had 7 road trips to our 4; but as you said two of those are self-inflicted.

bellyache

Bench
That's all fair points but I don't think the overwhelming majority have said the roosters are certainties. We're in the best form out of the 4 ATM but I think Roosters fans are humble enough to know that form can swing very easily. It's still anyone's premiership to win (okay not Parramatta's)
There are no certainties in this competition, we've witnessed that in the last 3 rnds with $ouff$ falling hard... The thing that sets the Roosters apart from all the other teams is our defense and the fact that we were a new team with a new coach at the start of the year and have been building combinations and improving all year..

GONZO72

Juniors
Your posts are nothing but team swapping and calling bulldog and souths fans morons so please know your role and shut your mouth merkin.

Lucas-con, who do you support? Eels tigers ? I have read some of your posts, and seriously, u would win a gold medal in boring. Snooze athon. Why don't you contribute something of interest, instead of attempting to put us all to sleep. I suspect you live a lonely existence, for which I truely feel for you.

Hope you're ok .

GONZO72

Juniors
I expect Melbourne to thump the hapless bunnies. They may need to rush back GI.

Their backline is horrid . Wow, how they are second is beyond me.

Diesel

Referee
Once Souths get their injured players back and Bunniesman stops tipping them, they'll go fine, in saying that the Storm will thump them this week.

At this stage it's a Roosters/Storm GF on current form but we are still 2 months out, Manly/Dogs will make a run for it when it matters too

Card Shark

Immortal
Agree tommy.

Change your name to GONZO13, that is more relevant.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Once Souths get their injured players back and Bunniesman stops tipping them, they'll go fine, in saying that the Storm will thump them this week.

At this stage it's a Roosters/Storm GF on current form but we are still 2 months out, Manly/Dogs will make a run for it when it matters too
*At this stage yes, but when GI comes back................................

Valheru

Coach

Please.... how many top 8 teams have you faced in the last 10 weeks, I can only remember you playing the Raiders. Ok so you have 4 out of 5 top 8 teams to finish, we have 3.

Latest posts