What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

GONZO72

Juniors
This coming from the guy who can't spell you or are.

I'm not on here to get people to like me I'm here to discuss rugby league, and in no way shape or form have I ever nor will I ever be an eels supporter.

U means you, and r means are....u Pea brain

GONZO72

Juniors
This coming from the guy who can't spell you or are.

I'm not on here to get people to like me I'm here to discuss rugby league, and in no way shape or form have I ever nor will I ever be an eels supporter.

Call it a hunch, but I still reckon you are an Eels supporter.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The big question with the Roosters will be the halves. Especially against say Melbourne, can they stand up in the big games. I don't know, then again I am not saying they won't. I still feel Souths, Melbourne and Manly have better halves, so I would favour them. However I wouldn't write the Roosters off, they play to their strengths and SBW is basically their halfback.

GONZO72

Juniors
The big question with the Roosters will be the halves. Especially against say Melbourne, can they stand up in the big games. I don't know, then again I am not saying they won't. I still feel Souths, Melbourne and Manly have better halves, so I would favour them. However I wouldn't write the Roosters off, they play to their strengths and SBW is basically their halfback.

Another brainless comment. You cannot compare Origin to finals footy. Origin is in a different league . What about game one? No one complained about the halves then.

Melbourne have a washed up 32 year old playing at no 6.

People are clutching at straws.

Evenflow

Bench
Face the reigning premiers (Melb) once, reigning spooners (Parra) twice. Only travel interstate twice all season, get Titans, Brisbane and Melbourne at home. Smooth start and finish to the season. And through luck you've run into a lot of teams with an injury toll.

and Storm have/will played 5 of the current top 8 twice, travel 12 times interstate (every year) and played 2 games without our origin players and still top 4.

My point being that almost every team gets a decent draw some years and not so good other years and being a supporter of a Sydney based club there's no way you should be whingeing about other teams getting a leg up. Given their location the Warriors have it worst followed by Melbourne and Raiders but you won't hear their supporters complaining. It is what it is and if your team is good enough to overcome those obstacles then it doesn't and shouldn't matter.

thorson1987

Coach
and Storm have/will played 5 of the current top 8 twice, travel 12 times interstate (every year) and played 2 games without our origin players and still top 4.

My point being that almost every team gets a decent draw some years and not so good other years and being a supporter of a Sydney based club there's no way you should be whingeing about other teams getting a leg up. Given their location the Warriors have it worst followed by Melbourne and Raiders but you won't hear their supporters complaining. It is what it is and if your team is good enough to overcome those obstacles then it doesn't and shouldn't matter.

Don't forget the cowboys aswell.

Evenflow

Bench

While Finchy is despised by the vast majority opposition supporters (especially Raiders, Roosters and Parra fans) i and i'm sure virtually all Storm fans are happy having a washed a 31* year old number 6 and his experience come finals time. Especially with the 7 and 9 he has playing with him. People like to hang onto the past and judge him solely on that but even the most clueless RL fan can see he's a much better player in the Storm system where he doesn't have to run the show than he ever was in the past.

Anyway this thread is every bit as geniused as the one that were saying the Storm were gone. I'm hardly going out on a limb here saying IMO one of the top four will win the comp and you'd be an out and out fool to say that any of them have a very genuine chance of winning it.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Another brainless comment. You cannot compare Origin to finals footy. Origin is in a different league . What about game one? No one complained about the halves then.

People are clutching at straws.

Melbourne also have the best fullback (or 2nd if you want to claim Inglis is better), the best halfback, and the best hooker...by a mile. That isn't even questionable.

Origin and finals are very similar, and they are played a very similar way. Key positions win you finals. Now the Roosters could prove everyone wrong, but I think they are like Souths were last year- 12 months too soon. That is just an honest opinion.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Anyway this thread is every bit as geniused as the one that were saying the Storm were gone. I'm hardly going out on a limb here saying IMO one of the top four will win the comp and you'd be an out and out fool to say that any of them have a very genuine chance of winning it.

Would say the top 5 personally. Add the Bulldogs in, but ONLY if they get Barba back at 100% fiitness

GONZO72

Juniors
Melbourne also have the best fullback (or 2nd if you want to claim Inglis is better), the best halfback, and the best hooker...by a mile. That isn't even questionable.

Origin and finals are very similar, and they are played a very similar way. Key positions win you finals. Now the Roosters could prove everyone wrong, but I think they are like Souths were last year- 12 months too soon. That is just an honest opinion.

Take a look at their bench ? Their frontrowers ? Melbourne has rubbish everywhere apart from the top 3

bellyache

Bench
SBW is the 3rd and biggest half the Roosters have and proved it in the absence of Pearce and Maloney.. No other team has that type of experience and X factor in thier side..

StormHi

Juniors
Take a look at their bench ? Their frontrowers ? Melbourne has rubbish everywhere apart from the top 3

Lol wasn't gonna say anything till I saw this..... Have you even watched Melbourne play a game?? We have a monster pack man certainly not the biggest but we don't really get bullied by many teams (warriors the exception)

Not even the wabbitwoes vaunted forwards could roll over us.

You really area dumb f**k Merkin....... :p

The crap you keep spouting makes you sound just like another forum clock head called Doggiesbro :roll:

RWB

Bench

Say what?

I could understand the comparisons to a 5/8 or even an old inside centre but a halfback? I fail to see the similarities between the role he provides the team and the a halfback.

Latest posts