What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

Fat Krion

Juniors
They lost all their premiership points and were deprived of gaining further points for the entire 2010 season, they had both premierships they won stripped of them, they were forced to pay back over $1,000,000 in prize money they won on top of being fined $500,000 for bringing the game into disrepute, and were forced to have their team torn up and shredded apart, with big names like Inglis forced to leave the club. How much more harshly could you get? Any more harshly and it would've been a case of them being punished too much. Keep in mind the CEO was the mastermind behind this - why should the players who do all the work suffer for his crimes?
The CEO was the fall guy, they needed to blame someone and it was easy to lay the blame with one person than let the whole organization go down.
Easy to forget that Cam Smith manages himself......

GONZO72

Juniors
Bulldog Force, for a while, u had me believing in you, but now you have lost me again. Of course I was talking about Grand Final scores.....mercy.

As for the storm. They were not dealt harshly enough in my opinion. They friggin won a premiership just 2 years later !!! They should never of had that roster. Other teams should have benefited with having the likes of smith, Cronk, slater etc in their side. The only big name they lost was Greg Inglis, the rest were very ordinary players who have done nothing since, like Blair.
They moronic players still believe they have won 4 titles, some of their fans think the same dribble.
The storm are a disgrace. I think they should have been thrown out of the NRL. Do you honestly think, Melbourne would care? Would others supporters give a stuff ?
NO

Constraint

Juniors
Not really one to talk much, but, out of curiosity, how are people supposed to actually discuss anything when the forums are swamped with utter imbeciles like GONZO72 etc polluting every thread under the sun?

Kinda spoiling the forums as an interesting read.

Maximus

Coach
The Melbourne storm have won just one premiership since 2000.

So in other words, they have won the same amount as the Roosters? Although I'm sure if Melbourne had 5 shots they would have won more than 1.

You've been saying over and over and over and over and over again that souffs can't win because they have a shit recent history of winning grand finals, so I'm just wondering how you think the Roosters will go since they have only won 3 premierships since 1945? 67 seasons for just 3 premierships. Must be a losing culture. I guess it's not looking good for you Roosters fans.

GONZO72

Juniors
Not really one to talk much, but, out of curiosity, how are people supposed to actually discuss anything when the forums are swamped with utter imbeciles like GONZO72 etc polluting every thread under the sun?

Kinda spoiling the forums as an interesting read.

Constraint, who cares what you think ? I speak the truth. You must be a troll, or a moronic storm fan. You must have cried, when the cheats got sprung. If you don't like interesting forums, go away and bore others, with you're constant dribble

GONZO72

Juniors
So in other words, they have won the same amount as the Roosters? Although I'm sure if Melbourne had 5 shots they would have won more than 1.

You've been saying over and over and over and over and over again that souffs can't win because they have a shit recent history of winning grand finals, so I'm just wondering how you think the Roosters will go since they have only won 3 premierships since 1945? 67 seasons for just 3 premierships. Must be a losing culture. I guess it's not looking good for you Roosters fans.

Maximus, you bring up a valid argument . The roosters recent record in grand finals is terrible . One win in 5 attempts since 2000. Oddly enough, their finals record since 2000 is the best in the league.
I have never once stated, that the roosters would win the premiership. Yes, I think they will play in the decider, but whether they win is another matter.

Constraint

Juniors
Constraint, who cares what you think ? I speak the truth. You must be a troll, or a moronic storm fan. You must have cried, when the cheats got sprung. If you don't like interesting forums, go away and bore others, with you're constant dribble

This is the first post I've made in around a year, but interesting take on things nonetheless.

Just for future reference, "you're" is short for "you are". "With you are constant dribble" doesn't make too much sense. "Your" indicates possession, whereas the apostrophe in "you're" replaces the missing "a" from "are" in the shortening.

Hutty1986

Immortal
They lost all their premiership points and were deprived of gaining further points for the entire 2010 season, they had both premierships they won stripped of them, they were forced to pay back over $1,000,000 in prize money they won on top of being fined $500,000 for bringing the game into disrepute, and were forced to have their team torn up and shredded apart, with big names like Inglis forced to leave the club. How much more harshly could you get? Any more harshly and it would've been a case of them being punished too much. Keep in mind the CEO was the mastermind behind this - why should the players who do all the work suffer for his crimes?

Um, pretty sure because the star players knew all about it & took part.

GONZO72

Juniors
This is the first post I've made in around a year, but interesting take on things nonetheless.

Just for future reference, "you're" is short for "you are". "With you are constant dribble" doesn't make too much sense. "Your" indicates possession, whereas the apostrophe in "you're" replaces the missing "a" from "are" in the shortening.

Unreal Constraint ( stupid name IMO ). Can we do a deal? Can u make your next post Aug 2014 ? Pretty please !!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Bulldog Force, for a while, u had me believing in you, but now you have lost me again. Of course I was talking about Grand Final scores.....mercy.

As for the storm. They were not dealt harshly enough in my opinion. They friggin won a premiership just 2 years later !!! They should never of had that roster. Other teams should have benefited with having the likes of smith, Cronk, slater etc in their side. The only big name they lost was Greg Inglis, the rest were very ordinary players who have done nothing since, like Blair.
They moronic players still believe they have won 4 titles, some of their fans think the same dribble.
The storm are a disgrace. I think they should have been thrown out of the NRL. Do you honestly think, Melbourne would care? Would others supporters give a stuff ?
NO
Ok let's just get 1 thing straight, if you specified GF I would've agreed - that wasn't done.

About the Storm, is your idea of treating them more harshly having them removed from the comp or having their star players go to other clubs? Because if you ask me, they are still suffering from the salary cap drama by spending big on their big 3 and now have mediocre players in their forwards and backs etc, and as a result, aren't the force they once were. IMO they are still feeling the effects of 2010.

GONZO72

Juniors
No there not . Cameron smith, Cronk and slater would command almost 3 million of the salary cap. Which leaves 2.5 million for 22 players. Bullshit.

Those 3 players should never have been allowed to play for the storm after 2011. They knew they were being paid twice. It should have taken the storm 5 yrs to recover , not 5 minutes. Teams like parra nd the tigers struggle, whilst cheats like Melbourne prosper. It's an outrage

thorson1987

Coach
The CEO was the fall guy, they needed to blame someone and it was easy to lay the blame with one person than let the whole organization go down.
Easy to forget that Cam Smith manages himself......

Not at the time.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...face-nrl-inquest/story-e6frfkp9-1225894260070

Greg Inglis and Cameron Smith's agents face NRL inquest

inShare​

088952-greg-inglis.jpg

Two contracts ... Greg Inglis.

A SIX-man accreditation committee will debate whether the agents for Melbourne superstars Greg Inglis and Cameron Smith be deregistered by the NRL.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Allan Gainey - who manages Inglis - and Isaac Moses - who represents Smith - could be removed as accredited NRL agents as early as next month.

The Player Agents Accreditation Committee is seeking further information from the NRL about the Melbourne Storm salary cap fiasco before making a final decision on Gainey and Moses.

Ironically, Gainey is on the accreditation committee, a representative from the Player Managers Executive.

He would have to abstain if the matter goes to a vote.

There is also growing conflict among the player agents with some already attempting to steal players from rival managers caught up in the Storm fiasco.

A Deloitte investigation found Gainey and Moses signed two contracts for their clients Inglis and Smith.

One was an official NRL contract, the second a "side" contract with a different - and inflated - amount of money.

The accreditation committee is expected to discuss the pair's actions at its next meeting on August 19 in Sydney.

Gainey was angry yesterday when contacted by The Daily Telegraph, saying he had sought legal advice over the matter and had conclusive documentation to clear his name.

Publicly, he only said: "I've got no comment whatsoever."

One source linked to the NRL said the evidence against the two agents was "compelling".

But Moses said yesterday: "I've got no comment. We have been cleared by Deloitte. Everything is fine."

If the managers are found to have acted inappropriately, they will be given a chance to explain their behaviour to the committee.

The committee is Gainey, Martin Meredith, David Garnsey, Geoff Bellew, Jamie Barrington, Bruce Wallace and Peter Tracey.

Another leading agent, George Mimis, did not sign a "side" contract for his client, Storm star Billy Slater.

If deregistered, the NRL will refuse to register a contract negotiated by the agent.

The managers however snuck around the rule recently with Willie Mason's one-year contract at North Queensland.

With his manager Greg Keenan not accredited, Mason had his deal negotiated through a third party who was registered by the NRL.

"That was ridiculous and it shouldn't happen again," said the NRL source.

Gainey is currently negotiating a deal for Inglis at Brisbane.

Asked about managers trying to pinch players from other agents, one said: "There are some scummy agents out there trying to bad-mouth other managers.

"Don't try it with me."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...bot-in-cap-storm/story-e6freye0-1225861054120

SUPER League architect John Ribot has become embroiled in the Storm's salary cap scandal following revelations he helped Cameron Smith negotiate his current contract with the club.

Ribot would not return our phone calls or text messages to answer whether he was aware Smith's deal was illegal or that the club had guaranteed him a $100,000-a-year job as a commentator with Fox Sports on top of his footy earnings.

The former Super League supremo stepped in to help Smith with his last contract when the champion hooker dumped long-time agent Jim Banaghan. Smith and Ribot have been close friends for years and our sources have confirmed it was Ribot who sought and negotiated the commentary deal with Fox Sports executives.

Smith later signed with his current agent Isaac Moses, who finalised the contract with disgraced former Storm CEO Brian Waldron.

We spoke to Moses about Ribot's role in setting up the deal but he refused to comment about his involvement apart from confirming he did the Fox Sports element of the contract.

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade
No there not . Cameron smith, Cronk and slater would command almost 3 million of the salary cap. Which leaves 2.5 million for 22 players. Bullshit.

Those 3 players should never have been allowed to play for the storm after 2011. They knew they were being paid twice. It should have taken the storm 5 yrs to recover , not 5 minutes. Teams like parra nd the tigers struggle, whilst cheats like Melbourne prosper. It's an outrage

They're.

GONZO72

Juniors
Forums r not spelling bees. It saves valuable time to abbreviate certain words. I am a master at it. DJ , u on the other hand , are a halfwit

Lucas-Con

Juniors
The only thing your a master at is talking shit here's an idea leave your mother's basement and get some sun maybe take a shower as well.

GONZO72

Juniors
Eeeeerrrrr Lucas, leave the comedy to the experts, you imbecile. On a scale of. 1-10, that rated a 2, I suspect similar to your IQ.

Lucas-Con

Juniors
Hasn't anyone told you that constant fapping hurts your vision there's a clear full stop in My post and if I'm a imbecile mate your a baboon.

But you want comedy let's pull a gonzo

"hurr durr south's are crap , hurt durr Melbourne are cheats they need Cameron smith hurr durr"

androtrop