What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NOTICE - THE Release Date Thread

Alan Shore

First Grade
As we've said a million times, the retailers know JACK ALL. This place is the only place that has the accurate data thanks to Mario.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Sounds like this game is being put back alot.
I wonder if it will come out at all....

Wasn't it supposed to come out last November or something?

Robbo

Juniors
Good Afternoon Robert!

Thanks for the email,
We will be launching the game on the 30th of October. it will be available on 3 formats PS2 Xbox and PC.

Please read the attached file for details on the game and how to pre order a copy.
If you encounter any difficulties, please let me know.

Kind regards

Chris Sivorn
Sales Manager

Attachment: The Super League Rugby League game known as NRL will be released on the 30th of October, but it could possibly slip into the 1st week of
November.

The game will be available on 3 platforms PS2, Xbox and PC CD-ROM

TripleM

Juniors
I would really doubt that. 1) its your first post, 2) the info it contains pretty much couldn't be true after what mario has said.

Matta

Juniors
And also, if that's the UK Release Date (Alternative Software are the UK Publishers, you know), and since the UK and NZ Box Art have already been released, then that means they're possibly putting much more work (and thought) into the box art, and maybe the advertising here in Australia.

Robbo

Juniors
I sent the uk distributors an email yesterday and i got that email straight back from them today specifying that the game should be released on the 30th October. Just thought i would let people know, i didn't think i would be upsetting people.

TripleM

Juniors
Sorry, but we just get so many people coming on here saying what their shop says the release date is and every time it is confirmed that its not true.. we tend not to believe anything until it has been confirmed by Mario who works at Sidhe.. however it looks you may be right on this one.

Matta

Juniors
You sent it to Alternative Software and got a straight date: 30th Oct. But it could be delayed or it is only that late for the UK Distribution (Alternative Software are the UK Distributors)

If we send one to HES or Sidhe we'll get a:
"dunno, probably mid-late October".

If you're living in Aus or NZ, you'll probably get it before our UK folk do.

The fact that's 4 weeks away and we in Australia haven't seen any cover art is a bit of a worry.
But I think they may be waiting til GF week to realase the cover art and start a ad campain while everyone is Rugby Legue focused by the Yawion WC starts.
I think it will be realased at the same time as the Yawnion WC to take some focus off that, hell I won't be watching any will be too busy playing RUGBY LEAGUE on the pc. :D

Moffo

Referee
Robbo said:
I sent the uk distributors an email yesterday and i got that email straight back from them today specifying that the game should be released on the 30th October. Just thought i would let people know, i didn't think i would be upsetting people.

no worries mate, you wern't pissing anyone off, we appreciate the info. I think everyone is just on knifes edge, waiting for the game to come out!

Cheers,
Moffo

legend

Coach
I can confirm the game will be released either the last week of October or the first week of November.

The game needs to be certified by Sony and Microsoft to ensure there are no bugs in the game.

Matta

Juniors
legend said:
I can confirm the game will be released either the last week of October or the first week of November.

The game needs to be certified by Sony and Microsoft to ensure there are no bugs in the game.

I'm gonna take this as REAL because legend was at HES earlier (look in the other post). Hoping it could be earlier, though.

legend

Coach
No, from what I was told today, the end of October is the scheduled release date for the game IN Australia.

I met with the guys at HES today and that was the first question asked. End of October at the earliest.