What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

PB

Bench
"Players sign a contract that starts on the first of November and finishes on the thirtieth of October," Leary said.

Jeez, I am amazed they just don't go crazy for Halloween.....

Rooster Lozz said:
Drunken slap on the arse is minor, its very different to an alledged "groping"
PM If you want to find out specifcs but i am not going to write all i know here as law suits etc for the site

Nah thats cool dude and I spose your right but it wouldnt be the first case of misreporting the facts that the telegraph is guilty of.

Pierced Soul said:
either is still unacceptable regardless of whether the dickhead who did it is drunk or not

But you've gotta admit that a slap on the arse is worse then grabbing it, holding it and squeezing it I am sure?

Thats the point we where getting @ not that either is acceptable.

God-King Dean

Immortal
People are saying he shouldn't play Tests anymore, but don't forget he is the captain & best player for Penrith. The AFL/Rugby fans in TFC will be licking there lips at this.

P.S Amanda Flynn is nothing special

Its sooo stupid..as numbers8 already has posted the best pics on pg1..and shes at home...what did he expect to get from a touch to the backside anyways..'ohh thank you craig..lets go for it now in front of everybody?..idiot..amanda needs consoling..anyone..anyone?form an orderly queue gents

The Colonel

Immortal
Immortal said:
People are saying he shouldn't play Tests anymore, but don't forget he is the captain & best player for Penrith. The AFL/Rugby fans in TFC will be licking there lips at this.

Dependant on if the allegations are true or not he should cop the same penalty that Dane Tilse did. Regardless of who he is and what sort of dollars he is on the precedent was set.....

Only thing is Dane's was done on an official team trip when he was officially representing the knights.

Can you argue that Gower was representing the Panthers.

I dont think you could atleast IMO

The Colonel

Immortal
Sir Knight82 said:
Only thing is Dane's was done on an official team trip when he was officially representing the knights.

As captain of the Panthers and an Australian Test player everytime he leaves the house he is representing the Panthers. Unfortunately he is a public figure..... really though it shouldn't matter IMO.

wittyfan

Referee
I blame the resort for not being rugby league player compliant. It was obviously ill-equipped to stage Gower's bucks week extravaganza.

innsaneink

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:

Hes there as a celeb, participating in the Jack Newton Celebrity Golf Tournament.
How is he a celeb?
Maybe playing for Penrith has something to do with it.

"Players sign a contract that starts on the first of November and finishes on the thirtieth of October," Leary said.

Surely

Post Whore
He needs to keep his extravaganza in his pants, and to think they chose this moron to tour in place of kimmorely, who was the incumbent half in a series winning side.

While the NRL rewards cockheads, they'll always have image problems.

wittyfan

Referee
Kimmorley would have been chosen originally, however he declined to tour due to personal reasons.

Gower will be right. Rugby League officials are usually very forgiving. Hopoate received a zillion chances.

Misty Bee

First Grade
:lol: Well said Witty fan! (re the bucks night jibe)

Remember also that a high profile Queensland police oficer (deputy Commissioner?) this week had a sexual harassment charge laid on him because he greeted a woman he knew with a peck on the cheek! IN comparison with that, a drunken slap on the bum is worse, and I bet that it was more than a slap on the bum! Most people, especially those with the integrity of Wayne Pearce, would not react in such a way to a minor indescretion by a drunk. It sounds like it was less slap, more grope/fondle.

Time to set an example. Each off season, some moron gets on the piss and disgraces our game. If it's not a Norths front rower (was it Stuart?) groping women in Wagga, Dan Tilse in a dorm, Cory Hughes at the races, Julian O'Neil, Jason Taylor, Tricky Trindall et al, it's Canterbury in Coffs Harbour.

Throw the book at the prick. He's a club captain, a long term rep player. He's elite, high profile, a role model for kids, especially the vast numbers out Penrith way. He's just said to all of the teenage boys who follow Penrith - it's OK to get pissed, expose yourself in public, grope women.

I feel sorry for all those good people who do their absolute best for Penrith.

Gower should be given the John Hopoate treatment. Let him makle a living out of Union.

Red Bear

Referee
Immortal said:

P.S Amanda Flynn is nothing special
Amanda flynn looking like a journo on boots and all.

she is hot. What an idiot Gower is!

Fibroman

First Grade
Everyone is entitled to make a mistake or too.

Knowing Gowie and how he usualy behaves, I would say the allegations are out of character for his behaviour and perhaps we should wait for a comprehensive investigation into the matter. The media have a history of sensationalising things.

Gowie is the heart and soul of the Panthers. They will support him to the hilt, as will Fibroman.

Azkatro

First Grade
If your girlfriend/fiance/wife is a model or good enough, you think you can have any woman. And let's face it guys, you know how your ego works - the appeal isn't necessarily in having the sexiest woman, the appeal is thinking you can have *every* woman ...

Latest posts