What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

Misty Bee

First Grade
A mistake, yes. Planning to get smashed at a charity event which leads to a whole string of misdemeanours, which leads to having your name, and the sport that made yuo rich and famous, damaged nationwide? On the eve of your wedding to another celebrity - thereore humiliating her nationally?

That's no mistake. That's disgraceful.

You are forgiving Gower for interntionally being a c*ckhead.

sunny

Some of this stuff does go over the top but what really amuses me about the whole thing is these people saying "oh, the poor bugger, the media is lynching him he's got so much pressure on him, can't a bloke act like a drunken deadsh*t any more, what has happened to society, i rooted danny wiedler's mum, etc.etc." The thing is, if any of the people on here who are saying this sort of stuff themselves got into trouble and did the things it's alleged mr gower has done, I bet there would be no sympathy for them whatsoever. They're willing to extend liberties to some famous footballer they don't know that would never be extended to them if they were to misbehave. I find that strangely obseqious.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What really annoys me is that whenever some high profiled league player does something stupid like other people do in the everyday life, the media turns it into such a big thing. Channel 10, Daily Telegraph, Im sick of it. There's other more important news around the world. Fair enough its in the paper, but dont put on the front page of the newspaper FFS.

The Colonel

Immortal
PARRA_FAN said:
What really annoys me is that whenever some high profiled league player does something stupid like other people do in the everyday life, the media turns it into such a big thing. Channel 10, Daily Telegraph, Im sick of it. There's other more important news around the world. Fair enough its in the paper, but dont put on the front page of the newspaper FFS.

You may be sick of it but as a "high profiled league player" it comes with the territory now days. IMO it is up to the "high profiled league player" to behave himself and not end up front page news......rather than giving the media anything to report in the first place.

sunny

Also people need to take a look at themselves. Things would not be in the paper if people weren't interested in 'em.

Bigfella

Coach
That's right. The papers and other media are also full of stuff that high profile footy players do which is otherwise completely ordinary and everyone LAPS IT UP - see player interviews, profiles, articles etc. See posts on League Unlimited Forums to see how much interest there is in those types of "everyday" behaviour. The players profit from this level of interest in many ways. In fact they hardly complain, it is mainly their apologist fans who still cling to that line.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Innocent until proven guilty is that the way we generally conduct things in this country.

At the moment the media is lynching an innocent man.

Fine if it's found that their is truth to the allegations lynch him all you want hell I'll even join you but until that time the guy should be given the benfit of the doubt.

Fibroman said:
Everyone is entitled to make a mistake or too.

Knowing Gowie and how he usualy behaves, I would say the allegations are out of character for his behaviour and perhaps we should wait for a comprehensive investigation into the matter. The media have a history of sensationalising things.

Gowie is the heart and soul of the Panthers. They will support him to the hilt, as will Fibroman.

Out of character

What about when he exposed himself, or the time he was at the brothel during Origin. Now copping a feel of Juniors kid.

Bit if a trend here, all alcohol related. Out of character i dont think so. Trying to be the character yes

aviridisc.jpg

Gowie's pic for the 2006 season.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm not trying to make light of this situation, because as we all know, its a very serious one. But I can't agree any more on what u hav said here number8 ;-)
number8 said:
Why......?

832_0_h.gif

When Amanda Flynn is at home gagging for it, why.....?

832_0_h.gif

Craig... Really...???

832_0_h.gif

Why?​

Bloody hell Craig, WHY???

On the subject of consoling Amanda, I'll b in line :D

*Sandy*

First Grade
Everyone forgets how hard it is for the other half and she's been really trying to make a go of it on the big screen too. She's a really nice girl and I hope she'll tough it out.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Personally I think she deserves better than him, but hey thats just me ;-)

Carlito

Juniors
brook said:
todays smh confirms it was Pearce http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/claims-penrith-star-gower-manhandled-test-greats-daughter/2005/12/21/1135032086409.html

:lol: Mitchell Pearce is only what 15 or 16? The daughter was the oldest child so he couldn't be any older than that - the kids got guts, gowers not a big man but he'd have to have a bit on pearce jnr (junior jnr? ;-) )

Here's hoping the chooks put him on the bench against the panthers. He'd bloody rip into him :D

Ben

Bench
If Gower played AFL, the headline would've read:

'Gower Wins Charity Golf Tournament in Great Style!'

Red Bear

Referee
Immortal said:
Are you guys looking at the same head I am. She looks like a Greek parrot, she just has boobs.
I actually reckon they are sh*t pics, but she looks hot on boots n all :)

Latest posts