What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

ng_1981

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
well said but there are hundreds of cases out there which are false....

I understand that there are a number of false reports made all the time. I just don't think it's right to use the fact that she hasn't gone to the police as a way of trying to cast some doubt over her story, it sounds to me as though it's just desperate fans clutching at straws to try and avoid the disappointment that seems to be coming. And I was even more upset to hear that the Penrith board may use that as a case to push for him retaining the captaincy. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

ng_1981

Juniors
lazza said:
when is a decision expected from the board?

He is fronting the board at 4pm this afternoon so I would expect a decision late today or tomorrow but I guess that depends on whether they can all agree on a decision and if needs be an appropriate punishment

Big Mick

Referee
ng_1981 said:
I understand that there are a number of false reports made all the time. I just don't think it's right to use the fact that she hasn't gone to the police as a way of trying to cast some doubt over her story, it sounds to me as though it's just desperate fans clutching at straws to try and avoid the disappointment that seems to be coming. And I was even more upset to hear that the Penrith board may use that as a case to push for him retaining the captaincy. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Walsh dismissed the claim by the paper that the board was not considering taking the captaincy away.

At the very least he needs to be stripped of captaincy, and a minimum of a 25k and I reckon it should be a 50k fine. At the least.

sooperdooper

First Grade
ng_1981 said:

well you made a very strong point before, i was just saying that there are many false cases and to me this story seems like it has been blown up **speculation edited**
im not saying he did it nor am i saying he didnt im just saying there are two sides and we will find out his punishment soon enough

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
Captaincy gorrneee, $30,000 fine with a $70,000 suspended fine, straight outta Brandy's mouth.
Found guilty of misconduct

I think this is a really fair result, like i didnt want the guy hung for it i just think some accountability like from him saying not just sorry, that doesnt fix it.
He did the wrong thing, they found him guilty and thats that

Big Mick

Referee
I think thats a good result.

Well done to Penrith on their reaction and taking away one thing that means everything to Gower, and thats the captaincy.

A better man hopefully Luke Priddis will take reign of Penrith now.

strewth_mate

Bench
He'll probably play better without the captaincy anyway come to think of it. Besides, he's not going to necessarily lose any authority on the field.

But overall I don't care.

cainen

Juniors
Rooster Lozz said:
Captaincy gorrneee, $30,000 fine with a $70,000 suspended fine, straight outta Brandy's mouth.
Found guilty of misconduct

Plus counseling. A just outcome IMO.

Big Mick

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Didn't Tony Puletua already put his hand up for the captaincy?

This is pretty harsh on Gower I think..

I don't.

He was stupid and as a result has to live with the consequences of his actions.

Penrith had no choice in the matter, they needed to stamp out the behaviour.

T did put his hand up, but TBH I think Priddis would be a better captain.

sunny

Now now Mick, you heard what our learned friends have said on this board, it's all a media conspiracy :lol:

Caged Panther

First Grade
I said it on the Panthers forum given what his done if the integrity of the capitancy was going to be maintained at penrith given what he had done there is simply no way the board could have let him stay on as captain.

Having said that I agree that it's largely a symbolic thing does anyone really believe that simply because he doesn't have the (C) besides his name he'll be any less of a leader on the field?

bluesbreaker

Bench
If the allegations about Pearce's daughter were false, it's very harsh. If the allegations were true, he should've been sacked. Guess we'll never know. At the very least, there's something else opponents can sledge Gower with.

cainen

Juniors
January 04 - Gower Penalty: Statement by Chairman Barry Walsh:

The Board today listened to Craig Gower’s case and after weighing up all the evidence it is satisfied that he has been guilty of misconduct under Section 8 (1) (b) of his NRL registered playing contract.

Accordingly, the Board has resolved that:

1. Craig Gower is to lose the captaincy;

2. Craig Gower has been fined $100-thousand with $70-thousand of that to be suspended and $30-thousand to be paid into an existing NRL program covering responsible use of alcohol by rugby league players.

With regard to the $70-thousand, the Board has suspended that payment on condition that Craig enters into an agreement with the club to be of good behaviour and comply with further conditions for the next 12 months.

Those further conditions are:

1. That Craig participate in an intervention program for social responsibility and seek counselling concerning the responsible use of alcohol and off-field behaviour.

2. That Craig comply with any intervention plan arising out of the program.

In taking these decisions, the Board has considered Craig’s exemplary conduct on the field and his genuine commitment to our community over the years.

Nevertheless, his actions on the Sunshine Coast caused distress to a number of people and damaged our club, our game and the National Rugby League.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Big Mick © said:

T did put his hand up, but TBH I think Priddis would be a better captain.

If you listen to Big T then he does a lot of off field mentoring of the younger guys anyway and in particular those with a polyenesian background. Whether that is true or not I don't know, I can certainly see it being true. Having said that it doesn't make him a good on field leader.

yobbo84

Coach
bluesbreaker said:
If the allegations about Pearce's daughter were false, it's very harsh. If the allegations were true, he should've been sacked. Guess we'll never know. At the very least, there's something else opponents can sledge Gower with.

If the allegations are true (thats an IF), he should have his contract de-registered and criminal charges against him.

Latest posts