What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

innsaneink

Referee
1. That Craig participate in an intervention program for social responsibility and seek counselling concerning the responsible use of alcohol and off-field behaviour.

2. That Craig comply with any intervention plan arising out of the program.
Waste of time....these things only work when the person with the drug or alcohol problem want to do something about it.

choc_soldier

Coach
Good outcome. Harsh, but fair. Taking away the privileged role of Panthers captain was a good punishment, and $30,000 is a decent enough chunk for it to hurt his wallet.

On the captaincy issue - Puletua and Campbell have led the side in Gower's absence in the past few seasons - my tip would be T - as I said before, Priddo is too ill-disciplined, always up there in the most penalised player stakes. Not saying that he doesn't have potential, but he would have to tone down his antics a bit. Perhaps the captaincy would be an incentive to do so.

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
There are no more IF's the Penrith board have found him guilty of misconduct, like how much plainer is it? Surely Penrith would have got to the bottom of it and they wouldnt have taken the necessary actions unless they had some bloody good evidence.
He is their star player so they wouldnt be taking the case lightly

The Tank

Bench
I reckon Puletua will get it. Lang has named him captain when Gower was injured in the past.

I really believe Priddis is our best choice. He's tries so hard each and every game. I don't think anyone else is in line for captaincy.

innsaneink

Referee
What did Brad Tighe do at the start of last year?
A caller rang up the radio station boz n brandy work at and he mentioned this but they cut him off and changed the subject quick smart.
It rings a bell vaguely, was he involved with the Bathurst thing too or is it seperate?

Big Mick

Referee
innsaneink said:
Waste of time....these things only work when the person with the drug or alcohol problem want to do something about it.

Would any punishment have made you satisfied?

Like I know Penrith has a right to please just you because you were so deeply affected and involved in the whole incident.

Penrith should be commended....if only other clubs took such actions against their players when involved in much worse.

Big Mick

Referee
innsaneink said:
A caller rang up the radio station boz n brandy work at and he mentioned this but they cut him off and changed the subject quick smart.
It rings a bell vaguely, was he involved with the Bathurst thing too or is it seperate?

And this has to do with the topic of Gower because?

Or are you starting your next crusade?

innsaneink

Referee
Big Mick © said:
Would any punishment have made you satisfied?

Like I know Penrith has a right to please just you because you were so deeply affected and involved in the whole incident.

Penrith should be commended....if only other clubs took such actions against their players when involved in much worse.

LOL..dickhead....its not about me or anyone being satisfied....Im only stating drug and alcohol programs usually work only when the participant WANTS to do something about his problem, even then theres a high failure rate....forcing someone with a problem to do something rarely makes a difference. Hence waste of time.
Kudos to the Panthers club though....for doing what theyre supposed to do.:roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Big Mick © said:
And this has to do with the topic of Gower because?

Or are you starting your next crusade?
The caller mentioned it in relation to the Gower incident....I assumed it was of a similar nature.

Big Mick

Referee
innsaneink said:
Kudos to the Panthers club though....for doing what theyre supposed to do.:roll:

True...they did what they were supposed to do....but How many clubs in recent years have actually done that?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Will the NRL go any further with this is the next question, they said that if they are not satisfied with Penrith's handling of the case they could impose their own penalites.

In recent times the Dean Widders-Bryan Fletcher incident was handled by the clubs and the NRL didn't need to go any further, also when Dane Tilse contract got torn up I don't remember the NRL deciding anymore needed to be done although tbh I forget most of what happened there.

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
I dont think they need to take it any further, for once the club (Penrith) have stood up to this type of behaviour and said enough is enough and they need to be congradulated for doing so. I wish they never had to do it in the first place!
This is a just penalty, the guy has a problem he made a mistake and he really needs to learn from it this time!

*Sandy*

First Grade
brook said:
That paragraph doesn't say Pearce is pushing for him to retain his captaincy

what it says is (and I have no idea if its true or not) that the fact that tatum and wayne haven't wanted to take it to the police (for whatever reason) is being used by some panthers board members as a basis to let Gower retain the captaincy.

Nowhere does it imply Pearce wants him to keep his captaincy

I obviously misread it then. As I stated, it didnt add up.
Not that it helped him anyway...

Danish

Referee
Hurriflatch said:
Will the NRL go any further with this is the next question, they said that if they are not satisfied with Penrith's handling of the case they could impose their own penalites.

In recent times the Dean Widders-Bryan Fletcher incident was handled by the clubs and the NRL didn't need to go any further, also when Dane Tilse contract got torn up I don't remember the NRL deciding anymore needed to be done although tbh I forget most of what happened there.

Actually in the Tilse case the NRL refused to register him as he was going to sign with another club.

But its a big name and the NRL aren't going to through their weight around when it might actually hurt a club as opposed to just being a good PR exercise. Maybe they'll give one of their trademark "suspended" fines

Pantherjim.

Referee
parra_panther said:
On the captaincy issue - Puletua and Campbell have led the side in Gower's absence in the past few seasons - my tip would be T - as I said before, Priddo is too ill-disciplined, always up there in the most penalised player stakes. Not saying that he doesn't have potential, but he would have to tone down his antics a bit. Perhaps the captaincy would be an incentive to do so.

I disagree,

On principle I think a playmaker and preferably someone that plays for 80 mins should be captain. I also think Priddo would do a better job. I've got nothing against Big "T" but I think Priddo is a better leader.

Giving Priddo the captaincy might be just the incentive he needs to stay on with us post 2007 as well.

Ultimately though it's all up to Langy.

Fairfax

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:

In essence he got a $30k fine, not $100k and lost his captaincy. If he didn't do more that on damage to the game 'll give ut away. He's a repeat offender and should have had the book thrown at him... He'll captain Penrith again this year, mark my words. This is disgraceful.

bluesbreaker

Bench
innsaneink said:

I don't recall anything with Brad Tighe involved.

Roy Rover

Juniors
All this proves that there's one rule for big name players and one for all the others.
Tilse got rubbed out for a year and Gower's got a slap on the wrists for a fairly similar offence.
As a repeat offender and someone who obviously should have known better Gower's penalty should have if anything been heavier. For once at least we didn't have to put up with the whole 'it was totally out character' defence because we definitely know that it was part of Gower's.

Latest posts