What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2 - Worth it or not ??

Hi all;

I need you all to give me your honest opinion on this game...I am strapped for cash coming up to Xmas and don't want to go and buy a dud !!.

I have the first version and played it a lot.

Your thoughts would be great... :)

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I like it, still alot of bugs but i find it 10x better then last years.

biggest problem is gameplay isnt smooth like madden and etc..

Would love to know, i ordered my copy in july and still haven't got it they told me today now they tell the wholesaler hasn't sent it yet.

Odium

Juniors
I'd prefer to sit thru a Hanukkah then play let alone buy the game. I'm close to calling Amnesty International for crimes against humanity inflicted by that game. Simple answer NO!

innsaneink

Referee
I got my son another game yesterday at EB, asked about this game on PC, how long id have to wait.... he had a copy available that I could get right then, someone had changed their mind, I passed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
After pre-ordering it in like July, I finally received it today (not happy, Australia Post).

I've only played 2 Franchise Mode games with the Eels on the highest difficulty (I can't remember its name lol).

I beat the Tigers at Parramatta 12-8 and I beat the Knights 30-2 (in the first tackle of the match, Moi Moi shoulder charged Johns and took him out for 4 weeks lol. Joey can't get a break!).

Based on those two, I'm pleased.

It's not perfect (kicking seems rather hard still), but it's a big improvement over the first and far, far more playable.

Not to mention the much better graphics.

I'll be playing it for a while yet.

Eelementary

Post Whore
[furrycat] said:
IT is great.
You jsut need to get used to the difference of it.

That is true.

Myself, personally, I still can't get used to attacking using passes - I rely heavily on dummy half scoots and barging it up with forwards.

But then again, when I have Marsh and Riddell as my hookers, it's probably the best way to go about it anyway lol.

But it is a big improvment over RL1. Really. At first I liked (NOT loved) RL1, but after a day or two I stopped playing it. I didn't like it.

But RL2, in my view, is heaps better.

And the next installment should be even better.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
I got it yesterday and wasn't all that impressed at first, but now I love it! Except for the fact that I just lost to Souths, they kicked a field goal from about 2 metres out from my line, on an angle. Great skill that lol

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's good though, I reckon.

Not perfect, but good fun.

the stripping, shoulder barges, holding down and dummy half scoots are good innovations.

the passing system is cool, but I myself am yet to amster it.

Didn't turn up today after they had been telling me all week it would!
Bloody Dickheads I should tell them to open a EB franchise!
They are blaming the wholesaler of coarse, but they should have rang and checked eairler in the week when I went in the 1st time to ask about it.!

You should've ordered it from LU. Ordered it yesterday, Willow sent it yesterday arvo, and it arrived first thing this morning. I'm glad I was able to put back into the site too.

The more you play it, the better it gets. There are some obvious bugs and glitches, but overall I'm psyched. Back to playing it for me...

Tighe

Juniors
Much better then last year's. Still compared to sports games like Madden 2006 it is hopeless.

Jono Russell

Bench
so far i love it the 1 thing that sh*ts me is the fact it goes to loading screen at everychance it gets in the game. i meen kick for touch takes 5 quick loads. geezes

im enjoying the game more with time, but a few things sh*t me:

#1 - the bullsh*t lineups given during franchise on c/c, origin and tests, more than half the players id never herd of!!

#2 - the hairstyles, cmon, this looks half finished!! have pre ordered this game in may, having it delayed a few months, i get this un finished look on the hairstyles, one of the little things that dissapoints

#3 - the dummy half scoots dont seem to work too flash with me, the opposition seem to gain atleast 15meters but me, with craig wing too, dont go anywhere, he goes a few meters and is closed down

still, im liking it more, id take a previous posters advice and rent it, but you should like it, i do now

supersoniceagle

Juniors
somethingwithjohn said:
so far i love it the 1 thing that sh*ts me is the fact it goes to loading screen at everychance it gets in the game. i meen kick for touch takes 5 quick loads. geezes
Do you mean the cut scenes it shows all the time? If so, you can turn them off