What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

Billythekid

First Grade
Not all the time.

Interesting numbers. Sydney don't seem to get a huge majority of the numbers as suggested there even when it's 2 Sydney clubs. I'm curious how the numbers normally look but if that's the norm than Sydney ratings still seem pretty low especially compared to AFL ratings in Melbourne.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Interesting numbers. Sydney don't seem to get a huge majority of the numbers as suggested there even when it's 2 Sydney clubs. I'm curious how the numbers normally look but if that's the norm than Sydney ratings still seem pretty low especially compared to AFL ratings in Melbourne.

Meanwhile, Nine’s NRL coverage of North Queensland Cowboys vs South Sydney Rabbitohs rated 177,000 in Sydney and 181,000 in Brisbane.

177k for FNF in Sydney on FTA is a bloodbath

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can we have a round by round update whoever did it previously? How are we tracking end of this round?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Can we have a round by round update whoever did it previously? How are we tracking end of this round?
c5bfbb55f1d54d82f1b6bcbe586d28554e5698f05b31d2fd477fbc2e29389b46.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
2016 ROUND 1 TOTAL = 4.226m
2017 ROUND 1 TOTAL = 4.177m

2016 ROUND 2 TOTAL = 4.124m
2017ROUND 2 TOTAL = 4.118m

2016 ROUND 3 TOTAL = 3.945m
2017 ROUND 3 TOTAL = 3.938m

Blue and gold you're the only person worth reading in this thread! Can you give us an update please?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder how many fox subscribers subscribe primarily for nrl? Max viewing seems to be around 250-270k a fox game but obviously that will be a mix of neutrals who tune in to most games and clubs fans playing who might tune in specifically to their team.

Canard

Immortal
I wonder how many fox subscribers subscribe primarily for nrl? Max viewing seems to be around 250-270k a fox game but obviously that will be a mix of neutrals who tune in to most games and clubs fans playing who might tune in specifically to their team.

Why would the "mix" of supporters be relevant in that scenario?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just in trying to figure out overall number. It unlikely to be say 300k, despite max numbers at 250-270k due to some fans only tuning in sporadically to games not involving their own clubs.

Nor is it likely that the 250k for a eels v titans game is made up totally of eels and titans fans only.

Hence why trying to figure out an overall NRL driven subscriber number is problematic.

The_Wookie

Bench
Just in trying to figure out overall number. It unlikely to be say 300k, despite max numbers at 250-270k due to some fans only tuning in sporadically to games not involving their own clubs.

Nor is it likely that the 250k for a eels v titans game is made up totally of eels and titans fans only.

Hence why trying to figure out an overall NRL driven subscriber number is problematic.

The other problem is now is streaming service.

Any number of people will have taken up the cheaper Foxtel Play streaming option that was being heavily promoted at seasons start. No contract, no set up, minimum cost of 39 a month - SD - for all the sport they have compared to I think a mimimum $55 a month on a contract plus set up costs and another $10 a month for HD.