What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

tri_colours

Juniors
I have a query regarding the ratings?

Today media week reported the Pay TV figures as ,
Fri STV #NRL #FoxLeague #NRLKnightsBulldogs Metro 151k (Syd 85k Mel 13k Bri 49k Ade 3k Per 1k)

These were the only figures released. There labelled metro add up to 151 , so what about regional viewers? I live in the Newcastle area and every 3rd house in my street has PTV so who's counting us? I haven't looked at the AFL figures, but Penrith's Pay TV ratings are the same and aren't they a regional team?

I have a gut feel that there's jiggery pokery going on with the tallying of AFL and NRL viewing numbers. And definitely in favour of the NRL. No one in NSW and QLD of sound mind is watching fumbles.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Fri STV #NRL #FoxLeague #NRLKnightsBulldogs Metro 151k (Syd 85k Mel 13k Bri 49k Ade 3k Per 1k)

These were the only figures released. There labelled metro add up to 151 , so what about regional viewers? I live in the Newcastle area and every 3rd house in my street has PTV so who's counting us? I haven't looked at the AFL figures, but Penrith's Pay TV ratings are the same and aren't they a regional team?

That's part of nrl's problem, for whatever reason it seems metro figures carry far more weight than regionals. Dont know the logic why but there must be some reason?

El Diablo

Post Whore

the normal national figures will be released by Monday at the latest

HERE is genuine concern at NRL headquarters that the next TV broadcast deal won’t be as lucrative as the current $2 billion contract. On Thursday night the Broncos v Roosters game was beaten by My Kitchen Rules and down 14 per cent on round six, Thursday night, last year. It could be a worry for clubs signing superstars on long-term deals because, if the TV money falls so will the salary cap.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/4fac1e0509b921569a55650b6cf49ff3

j5o6hn

Juniors
I did not think they could separate out the figures on Pay,FTA OK but pay that is new to me,may be the NRLs incompetent management is coming home to roost.
TBH on running the game they have no idea what so ever

Perth Red

Post Whore
Up to this round fta was down 4% and Paytv 1% but Easter was in these rounds last year and may have got better viewing figures for the big games.

Billythekid

First Grade

In the metro ratings the AFL have the upper hand but it's purely based on Melbourne. For a lot of games out total metro barely beats the AFL in Melbourne alone. It's a shame because if Sydney was a similar stronghold for league we would smash them even in the metro ratings. I know fox is slightly bigger in Sydney but our total fox ratings aren't nearly far enough ahead to explain the difference.

It seems ratings are pretty much flat for the NRL which is ok considering the extra viewers from streaming. Still we should be aiming for more.

Perth Red

Post Whore
690k to 342k metro Friday night
Thank the lord for regionals NSW!

You can see why Smith wanted to push for a FTA Saturday night game, we give AFL a free kick with viewing figures that night.

Until we can get Ch9 to show games in the affiliated state cities on the main channel we are always going to be pushing up hill to compete with AFL across metro ratings.

wittyfan

Referee
HERE is genuine concern at NRL headquarters that the next TV broadcast deal won’t be as lucrative as the current $2 billion contract. On Thursday night the Broncos v Roosters game was beaten by My Kitchen Rules and down 14 per cent on round six, Thursday night, last year. It could be a worry for clubs signing superstars on long-term deals because, if the TV money falls so will the salary cap.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/4fac1e0509b921569a55650b6cf49ff3

It was a huge episode of MKR though, David & Betty's bid to top the leaderboard faltered after they served up 2 underwhelming desserts.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
690k to 342k metro Friday night
Thank the lord for regionals NSW!

You can see why Smith wanted to push for a FTA Saturday night game, we give AFL a free kick with viewing figures that night.

Until we can get Ch9 to show games in the affiliated state cities on the main channel we are always going to be pushing up hill to compete with AFL across metro ratings.

Swans v Pies is probably one of the top 10 rivalry games in AFL season.. Penrith v Souths was never going to trouble it..

I'm sure if Brisbane v St George or something on a Friday night at Suncorp.. would get better numbers