What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
fmd you're stupid

Newcastle and Canberra both have regional stations.. what a crazy world it would be where a Newcastle fan could actually see their team play without fox...

They can see the swans and gws without paying a cent..

And based on the numbers fox would lose no subscribers

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Will Sunday FTA be with us in 10 years ??

143k in Sydney is awful ..

Are people moving to Fox or just switching off? Be interesting to know the trend...

NM, just saw the next post. Interesting situation though, not long until FOX is outrating 9 (i wonder if 9 will fix their shitty coverage or just blame something else...)

El Diablo

Post Whore
Newcastle and Canberra both have regional stations.. what a crazy world it would be where a Newcastle fan could actually see their team play without fox...

They can see the swans and gws without paying a cent..

And based on the numbers fox would lose no subscribers
they can't show it you f**king imbecile

go beat off over the AFL at Bigpoofy with your mates

insert.pause

First Grade
2012-2016

Untitled.jpg

2016 NRL AR

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
2012-2016

Untitled.jpg

2016 NRL AR

Pretty interesting figures. It shows channel 9s ratings have been on the decline for some time now even when fox was dropping in numbers as well. Pretty much shows that the fault lies with 9.

That's also a massive increase for fox ratings and I'd imagine they'll be just as big this year, they should be paying through the nose for league.

Still it would be nice to stop the ratings bleed from 9. Whilst 9 have been shit to our game and they deserve the poor ratings it still makes us look bad. As of right now FTA remains an important part of the broadcasting deal and if our FTA ratings continue to drop it makes negotiations more difficult down the line.

insert.pause

First Grade
Pretty interesting figures. It shows channel 9s ratings have been on the decline for some time now even when fox was dropping in numbers as well. Pretty much shows that the fault lies with 9.

That's also a massive increase for fox ratings and I'd imagine they'll be just as big this year, they should be paying through the nose for league.

Still it would be nice to stop the ratings bleed from 9. Whilst 9 have been shit to our game and they deserve the poor ratings it still makes us look bad. As of right now FTA remains an important part of the broadcasting deal and if our FTA ratings continue to drop it makes negotiations more difficult down the line.
Up until last year the NRL FTA audience decline was in line with the overall decline in FTA TV. FTA audiences have become fragmented with multi-channels & digital viewing platforms. Last year total NRL audiences were the highest they have been in 5 years, FTA fell, but was more then compensated for by the growth in STV. The sky isn't falling.

colly

Juniors

and BY iNSERT PAUSE
Up until last year the NRL FTA audience decline was in line with the overall decline in FTA TV. FTA audiences have become fragmented with multi-channels & digital viewing platforms. Last year total NRL audiences were the highest they have been in 5 years, FTA fell, but was more then compensated for by the growth in STV. The sky isn't falling.

Lokk at the ratings here.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/05/sunday-14-may-2017.html

We did not make the top 20 shows on Sunday

insert.pause

First Grade
and BY iNSERT PAUSE

Lokk at the ratings here.
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/05/sunday-14-may-2017.html

We did not make the top 20 shows on Sunday
And?

insert.pause

First Grade
Well it is part of a fragmented market.In our household 2 Adults 3 kids 18,16,10 ( boy who plays for Thirroul Butchers R/L We haven't this week pt the TV on. Will watch the game tonight.
Did you happen to notice that it was no.1 program on STV?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fox got a very sweet deal, nrl has driven massive subscription increase last two years for them and they still forked out less than for AFL. Nice work Grant.

Overall NRl tv audience across fta and STV is down by around 5% on last year, how many may have switched to regular watching on digital we dont know.

Enduring the game on Ch9 tonight as Im in melbourne and I can see why people have turned away from Nines coverage!

insert.pause

First Grade
Fox got a very sweet deal, nrl has driven massive subscription increase last two years for them and they still forked out less than for AFL. Nice work Grant.

Overall NRl tv audience across fta and STV is down by around 5% on last year, how many may have switched to regular watching on digital we dont know.

Enduring the game on Ch9 tonight as Im in melbourne and I can see why people have turned away from Nines coverage!
According to who exactly?

colly

Juniors
Did you happen to notice that it was no.1 program on STV?
Yes i did, but the problem is FTA.
You must also remember it is 5 capital city ratings. Their is a law before the Senate to make it possible for regional and city networks (ie nine ) to combine. This will show great ratings results as country NSW and Qld make up a substantial population. I estimate between 2.25 to 2.5 million.

insert.pause

First Grade
Yes i did, but the problem is FTA.
You must also remember it is 5 capital city ratings. Their is a law before the Senate to make it possible for regional and city networks (ie nine ) to combine. This will show great ratings results as country NSW and Qld make up a substantial population. I estimate between 2.25 to 2.5 million.
No, it's not. The same number of people are watching as previous years, but they are fragmented across multiple platforms, primarily STV. The Sunday game had ~470k watching in metro areas, which is entirely in line with 2015 FTA metro ratings for Sunday games. People haven't stopped watching, they have changed how they are watching. It's really not that complicated.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I havent watched a full FTA game since 2012...

I put up with the shitty broadcast when i thought 10 was going to win the rights, but i gave up after that. Ill go back every so often, but its only 10 minutes before i feel like braking the tv.

Yeh, its 9s fault...

Latest posts