What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360: 7:30pm Wednesdays

aads

Juniors
I know what you mean about he League Lounge - i agree

I hated it at the time cos it was directly ripping off the Roast - and the other reason was that there were some unfunny people on it

Much better this year i thin is NRL 360 and better still the Matty Johns show caus there is actual TALK about RL

The footy show is a disgrace - Slats and Molin can f**k RIGHT off!

Just had my T-Box connected and have access again to Fox Sports (First time this season). Being the first chance I've had to watch this show, the first thing that comes to mind is why would you put Ben Ikin and Paul Kent together? Neither seem capable of putting sentences together without stuttering and spluttering. Is it normally this bad?

Yes.

Ikins Qld bias: big game: Brisbane vs North Queensland... Goes on to say whoever loses will be planning their holidays. Here's news for ya mate... they're both not going to make the 8!

And then tips titans to upset the vermin. LOL vermin won't lose 2 weeks in a row at this point

The league lounge was a good idea that was poorly executed.

Even though it wasn't executed very well, the interviews with players were 100 times better than you get on almost any other show. With the exception of Brandy it was fans doing the interviews, which meant that the questions asked would be different and the players couldn't just trot out cliche answers, which resulted in a more honest interview.

I guess that's what 360 kind of aims for with the players they bring in, rather than the average player who plods through their rehearsed answers they get the players on there who can (and are allowed to) speak their mind. I think 360 has it's place as an edgier look at things off the field, plus some basic on field analysis. Monday's with Matty has it's place as a lighthearted weekend wrap and Sterlo as a more advanced tactical look at players/teams and the upcoming round.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Could Ennis be a potential future administrator? Watching now he is quite articulate and has some great ideas and thoughts on current issues and solutions. i.e bonus points system, golden try, indigineous team in the nines

He seems to have broad outlook on the game which i would not have thought given his onfield persona

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ennis commentates in the NYC on occassions, so no doubt he'll be in the media after he retires.

Just with last nights show, interesting comparison to show much time is used in todays game, compared to a match in 1993.

I really rate Ennis as an on-air personality.

I used to despise him years ago on the field, but now he actually seems like a really articulate, down to earth and knowledgeable bloke. The insight he has shown in the NYC commentary has definitely surprised me.

ek999

First Grade
Ennis is an absolute merkin on the field but he seems to be a really nice bloke off the field. The fact that he knows a lot about footy and how to get his point across clearly is rare in rugby league. Could be very good in a Sterlo type of role once his career is over

Patorick

Staff member
The funny thing with Ikin is when he looks at the one camera to read the autocue, and their shooting them from the other camera.

Gold.

Knock On

Juniors
Low as a pregnant snake. Unfotunately we have all this analysis and it is all pish. All these people think they are important. No you are not. Just tell us what you know.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
My only complaint is that tallis raises his ugly head on this show occasionally. Well that and ikin who lets the game down at times with what he says. I really like Kent though but not sure on a potential partner to replace ikin

hopefully they persist with the show

LJC

Juniors
It means that the standard is very, very, very low

Completely agree.

They are "Super league fogies"
They espouse the non growth of the game in a way that mirrors the Super league logic!
What they come up with tonight was disgraceful and disrespectful to the game.
They have no feel for the game and do not understand how important it is to have a strong Sydney market.

The AFL mob have 9 teams in their 18 team competition in Australia's 2nd largest city and the NRL have 9 teams in Australias largest city! Go figure. The clubs within Sydney have established generational support other codes can only dream of. This is where these "dimwits" cannot get it!

If anything additional clubs like the Central Coast Bears should be admitted which gives the game back immense generational Bears support as well as the massive population base of the Central Coast of NSW.
Their are other expansion/additional clubs namely for areas such as Brisbane, WA and NZ South Island.

The people whom think the word "expansion" is code to dilute the Sydney metropolitan strength of the game have no feel for RL and what is good for it! They would rather see RL implode on itself than see it grow and prosper with additional clubs! That is what the Super league logic was doing to the game!

The fans and the game has suffered enough! I hope this "crap" talk(relocations/mergers/getting rid of etc) goes away. It's frustrating and very negative!

nrlnrl

First Grade
Completely agree.

They espouse the non growth of the game in a way that mirrors the Super league logic!
They have no feel for the game and do not understand how important it is to have a strong Sydney market.

The AFL mob have 9 teams in their 18 team competition in Australia's 2nd largest city and the NRL have 9 teams in Australias largest city! Go figure. The clubs within Sydney have established generational support other codes can only dream of. This is where these "dimwits" cannot get it!

If anything additional clubs like the Central Coast Bears should be admitted which gives the game back immense generational Bears support as well as the massive population base of the Central Coast of NSW.
Their are other expansion/additional clubs namely for areas such as Brisbane, WA and NZ South Island.

The people whom think the word "expansion" is code to dilute the Sydney metropolitan strength of the game have no feel for RL and what is good for it! They would rather see RL implode on itself than see it grow and prosper with additional clubs! That is what the Super league logic was doing to the game!

The fans and the game has suffered enough! I hope this "crap" talk(relocations/mergers/getting rid of etc) goes away. It's frustrating and very negative!

my question for you is - do you think there are enough players of NRL quality for more teams ?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Completely agree.

What makes you believe the game is even recognized in the South Island of NZ?

And a further question; what is a NZ side (warriors) even doing in an Australian based competition; when foundation clubs were made to merge or fold?

LJC

Juniors
my question for you is - do you think there are enough players of NRL quality for more teams ?

Definitely!

There are numerous players of great quality that are not being taken up in the NRL due to lack of opportunity.