What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL and its clubs are expected to palm-off expansion until 2014 or 2015

Of the three favourites which two teams make the most sense?

• Brisbane II

Votes: 137 67.8%
  • Central Coast

Votes: 55 27.2%
  • Western Australia

Votes: 182 90.1%

• Total voters

fred95

Juniors
I'm not sure if this issue has been address here or not, but I do know that there has been alot of discussion regarding the issue of expansion within the NRL. I'd personally like to see (sorry Sharks fans) Cronulla supported by the NRL and moved to Perth....and another Sydney team moved to Adelaide and supported by the NRL.

So....who would like to see expansion and who wouldnt
Expansion is a good for the competition but I feel it should not automatically be at the cost of the whipping boys from cronulla. set a guide line criteria and let the results determine who gets shafted, No I'm not a supporter of the Sharks but they're performing better than other teams, including my own.

roboshark

Coach
its hilarious every time expansion comes up...the sharks are automatically mentioned..its like a default setting

how about SOME thought is given to other clubs...at least for a second or two

IanG

Coach
I think the Ponies will do whatever they can to sabotage a second Brisbane team cause they want it all to themselves. Not to mention the Crushers ended up folding.

DC_fan

Coach
its hilarious every time expansion comes up...the sharks are automatically mentioned..its like a default setting

how about SOME thought is given to other clubs...at least for a second or two

Ok I thought about it for a second or two.

The Sharks have to go :D

POPEYE

Coach
I'm not sure if this issue has been address here or not, but I do know that there has been alot of discussion regarding the issue of expansion within the NRL. I'd personally like to see (sorry Sharks fans) Cronulla supported by the NRL and moved to Perth....and another Sydney team moved to Adelaide and supported by the NRL.

So....who would like to see expansion and who wouldnt

This issue has been covered many times in all forums but since you appear to be a novice poster you're not to know that. Welcome to this forum.

Disregard the reception you are getting and don't be put off by it. There are those here that are willing to talk to you in a civil manner.

CCBears, WAReds and Ipswich Jets should merge their bids and play as a nomad team called the Australian Red Bear Jets. Their home stadium can be built on top of Uluru.

bobmar28

Bench
WA Reds and Ipswich Jets should be the next teams in. 2 Sydney teams should merge freeing up a franchise for the Bears.

lockyrulz

Juniors
WA reds and Ipswich

Then look at 2 NZ team, Sunshine Coast, Central Queensland.

Then look at Adelaide.

Bears can f**k off and stay dead. A Sydney team can relocate to the CC.

Ausguy

Coach
When the sharks development is approved, which it is looking very likely to be very soon, they will be in one of the very few teams that will be financially secure to remain in the competition as a stand alone sydney club.

Many wont like it but it is factually true based on the potential impact that all sydney clubs will face unless alternate revenue streams are found.

*Insert whiny shark hater sooks below*

lockyrulz

Juniors
When the sharks development is approved, which it is looking very likely to be very soon, they will be in one of the very few teams that will be financially secure to remain in the competition as a stand alone sydney club.

Many wont like it but it is factually true based on the potential impact that all sydney clubs will face unless alternate revenue streams are found.

*Insert whiny shark hater sooks below*

God forbid they should be financially viable due to their football operations.

Ausguy

Coach
Football teams dont make money... leagues clubs do.

The only reason others survive is private ownership.

Ask the knights if they would have been around in 5 years without fats domino riding into town

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
They wont.

But before the NRL expands the competition they should be looking at cutting the number of teams in Sydney. Everyone and their dog knows that nine teams in Sydney is about 3 or 4 too many.

Relocate Manly and Nulla and Sydney will be fine imo.

Sydney is growing and the saturation coverage we have there in Australia’s biggest and oldest city is great. It’s just over-saturated atm and we need to give the clubs there some breathing room.

CC Bears need to join the comp, even if it looks like they may not get the nod this time. The CC is a growing area and deserves representation in the NRL.

If you believe everything NEWS LTD publish then you're correct. However if you know, like most Australians know, that NEWS LTD very often publish complete rubbish then you would treat the article as such.

After Thursdays meeting with David Gallop (the only bid which arranged a metting instead of running to the media) Greg Florimo was as upbeat as he has ever been. With new sponsors about to be announced soon, more community initiatives which Gallop (in his own words stated as being important)

''I don't think you want two new teams that limp along at the bottom of the table for a long time. To me, competitive playing talent and community engagement are the key to a successful expansion."http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...nsion-plans-20110625-1gkmb.html#ixzz1QKTySUup"

The Central Coast Bears bid has never been stronger. Believe what you will though. A lot of people always complain that NEWS LTD aren't very truthful, so it personally amuses me when those same people feed into this article.

I personally know the inside story of the CCBears bid, I'm very confident and it will take more than a half-baked quickly put together article from a publication with a thousand agenda's to faze me.