What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL bans Gallen from Dally M awards

BunniesMan

Immortal
Let's be honest for a moment here... Hayne deserves both of them more than Gallen, but there is no way they weren't going to give it to Gallen despite this. It's pretty tiring really, the 'captain courageous' wankfest. Not trying to take away Gallen's role in NSW's victory but Hayne played a bigger part imo.

Gallen f**ked our attack several times in the first 2 games.

carcharias

Immortal
It is a laugh I suppose. But the joke's on you and your club, and you're thrilled to death about it.

Oh I doubt you'll find any sharks fan thrilled to death about anything to do with footy.
But..why so much anger towards Gallen ?
He didn't pick himself
He doesn't give himself the awards
He didn't decide the length of the ban..
He didn't captain the blues to victory.... Oh wait scrap that... He did do that one.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Oh I doubt you'll find any sharks fan thrilled to death about anything to do with footy.
But..why so much anger towards Gallen ?
He didn't pick himself
He doesn't give himself the awards
He didn't decide the length of the ban..
He didn't captain the blues to victory.... Oh wait scrap that... He did do that one.

That was the point of my first post in this thread, the fuss that is made by media, supporters in NSW about the bloke.

But this was lost on the mouthpissers.

shiznit

Coach
Let's be honest for a moment here... Hayne deserves both of them more than Gallen, but there is no way they weren't going to give it to Gallen despite this. It's pretty tiring really, the 'captain courageous' wankfest. Not trying to take away Gallen's role in NSW's victory but Hayne played a bigger part imo.
With the greatest respect to Gallen as a footballer...

NSW won in spite of Paul Gallen.... Not because of Paul Gallen.

He was actually stifling NSW's attack to the point that even the commentator(gus I think it was) mentioned it.

For me... the question you ask is.. Could NSW have still won the series if Gallen wasn't available?? I think they could have.

Could they have won without Hayne??? No chance in hell IMO...

carcharias

Immortal
That was the point of my first post in this thread, the fuss that is made by media, supporters in NSW about the bloke.

But this was lost on the mouthpissers.

Was it?

I just assumed you were just another 2 head having a cry about finally losing a SOO series.
Sorry.

--Storm--

Juniors
His lucked out in the fact they have decided to start a very light ban at the end of a season, he should miss the whole of next season at the very least and the rest should also.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Was it?

I just assumed you were just another 2 head having a cry about finally losing a SOO series.
Sorry.

I realise there is an entire generation of young footy fans unaccustomed to NSW winning an Origin series. But I grew up watching us being beat regularly by great players like the ones I mentioned above.

So I think I can handle losing this year, it was overdue really. Let's not overstate what was accomplished with that win also.

Gallen is very fortunate he got to play alongside Hayne, who may join the lofty company of those previous NSW champions if he continues to play like he did.

some11

Referee
Well this isn't surprising.

Well said. Ban or no ban I can't believe he is even in the conversation for Immortals.

You're literally the first person who's even broached the topic.

Couldn't care less to be honest.
But anyone who thinks Farah or Hayne won't give Gal the medal has rocks in their head.

As if Hayne would give it up after being the obvious choice for it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Gallen will have quite a rap sheet when he hangs up his boots.
Racist slur against Mickey Paea
Ripping out an opposition player's stitches
Banned for using peptides
Played his entire career for Cronulla.

Eion

First Grade
Gallen will have quite a rap sheet when he hangs up his boots.
Racist slur against Mickey Paea
Ripping out an opposition player's stitches
Banned for using peptides
Played his entire career for Cronulla.

That last point is cruel, but would have more impact coming from anyone other than a Canberra supporter. And I include perthred in that.

Card Shark

Immortal
Not everything is a NSW/QLD thing fella. Jarryd Hayne has been the player of the NRL and Origin this year, and they still want to talk about Gallen. When in truth Hayne dragged them to victory in spite of him.

It shocks me that Gallen is held in such high regard in that state. This is a state that has produced Price, Kenny, Daley, Fittler, Clyde, Minichiello, Johns just in my time watching footy. All champions who had tremendous success at every level.

You have quoted 7 names from over 100 games of footy. Of course Gallen is gunna be held in high regard.

You are such a fool that you believe the "everyone" you speak of is on fact probably only the Courier Male or Daily Telecrap. Most Sharks fans know he doesn't deserve any awards because he's suspended & not the best player, so who cares what news ltd writes.

Some people in here must watch days of out lives....if it's still on?

Suppose it is in Desert Qld.

juro

Bench
Really, who gives a stuff about a glorified Daily Telegraph award night? When are the ARLC going to get their act together and do a proper award night?

fourplay

Juniors
No cheap shots,Gallen took the plea,therefore admitting taking illegal drugs,his suspension was back dated 1 year making him ineligable to win any award,if Gallen did nothing wrong,he should have had the nuts to fight it and clear his name.

Let's not pretend it's black and white when it's not.

If you were innocent, and were given the choice to tick a box, and be suspended for three games, or don't tick the box, and pay half a million dollars and endure a long legal battle to prove your innocence, which would you choose? Most players are probably just sick of having to deal with the ASADA issue and just want to move on.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Let's not pretend it's black and white when it's not.

If you were innocent, and were given the choice to tick a box, and be suspended for three games, or don't tick the box, and pay half a million dollars and endure a long legal battle to prove your innocence, which would you choose? Most players are probably just sick of having to deal with the ASADA issue and just want to move on.

If I really was innocent I'd have took the deal then started proceedings against the people/organisation that conned me into taking them.

Knightmare

Coach
I don't know where some people get the idea that people in NSW all love G Train? He captained our State to Origin glory, he's a tough player, but that's about it. Personally I love how many Qlders' jimmies he rustles, more than I actually like Gal himself. The last couple of days have been especially fun, with everything from people crying that they should strip the Origin series from NSW to this chick I know making a Fb post saying how much she hates Gallen and hopes he gets cervical cancer.

:lol:

Outside of the Origin series, I don't pay much attention to him at all...

Pedge1971

First Grade
Big old asterisk on NSWs series win now with captain courageous who should've been banned the whole time.

Nope they are banned over events that occurred in 2011. No cheating in 2014. No positive tests either, ever. This is at worst a compromise from players guilty in 2011 but not caught to at best an "I am innocent but after 2 years of going nowhere but having my name dragged throughout the mud, let's just get closure"!

Either way messy, but nothing to do with Qld being inferior to NSW at origin this year.

Latest posts