What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl Betting

diggo

Juniors
Bad luck diggo....Parra and Canberra both show up to play on the same night. :?

Yeah.. Was surprised by the effort of both teams. However Melbourne will be profitable in the long run with those kind of odds, so it doesnt faze me too much.

Today, Roosters -8.5 @ $1.46 sportsbet providing the best value.

Also, Roosters have conceded just 10 points in their past 4 home games.. Dry weather daytime footy increases Penriths ability to score.. However I like Penrith total points under 13.5 @ $1.95.

Novelty bet, Penrith no try scorer @ $11

Last edited:

Jimmy Rustles

Juniors
Nice call today, aside your novelty bet. I watched the Swans vs Lions (I don't know why) I've been keeping tabs on the scores and I see Roosters have blown it out in the 2nd half. I wasn't keen on anything on league today.

Fortunately I got one back on the Swans vs Lions under 192.5 in AFL

What else do you bet on aside league?
If you like those short odds you should be fading Marlins in MLB!

God dammit, I had the sharks 1-12 with sportsbet @ $4.33

Sportsbet dont pay out on margin betting if the game goes to extra time.. What a load of shit. Had to go and read the extra fine print for that little scam.

Jimmy Rustles

Juniors
God dammit, I had the sharks 1-12 with sportsbet @ $4.33

Sportsbet dont pay out on margin betting if the game goes to extra time.. What a load of shit. Had to go and read the extra fine print for that little scam.

I'm no fan of any of the Aussie books but it's common that margin bets are for standard time only, bet365 are about the only book I know of that pay out 1-12's in extra time. It sucks but it is kind of a correlated bet paying +ev either side, even though ET is somewhat rare in NRL, the 13+ has no chance of cashing.

edit: and since the sharks were paying like 3.00 su you should have just taken the points and ML. Only bet 1-12's @ 3/1 on the favourites sparingly when the line is too high for the fave to cover and not enough headstart for the dog and 13+ is highly unlikely. Fave line of -4.5 to -12.5 or so. Betting margins can be great odds but pretty hard to beat.

Last edited:

diggo

Juniors
Nice call today, aside your novelty bet. I watched the Swans vs Lions (I don't know why) I've been keeping tabs on the scores and I see Roosters have blown it out in the 2nd half. I wasn't keen on anything on league today.

Fortunately I got one back on the Swans vs Lions under 192.5 in AFL

What else do you bet on aside league?
If you like those short odds you should be fading Marlins in MLB!

I'm really loving the Roosters this year. Their defence is incredible. Yet to prove some away form, but I will continue to bet heavy on them in future. I rate defensive teams highly, they are usually the only ones I bet on.

I don't bet on any other sports. I stick to what I know. Anything else will not be profitable long term. Arbitrage is an exception.

However I am a currency trader, which you could consider gambling. That is where the real money is at. As an experienced trader, it is no longer gambling. It is highly technical and requires a proper scope on risk vs reward, and money management. Most people cannot handle the market unfortunately, which is why I would not recommend it.

diggo

Juniors
ROUND 9:

Not much of interest this week, probably just the one bet for me for the round.

Whether you trust Melbourne or not, I've found Melb -8.5 @ $1.58 (sportsbet) to be the bet of the round.

The 1.58 is over the odds. Same line is $1.43 on Centrebet. It can be hedged for a small profit.

Penrith missing another playmaker will help. Good luck.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I put a $20 multibet on Sharks/Titans/Knights/Roosters today and will get $192 in return if I win. 1/4 so far but am a little worried by the Knights game.

Good bet? I've betted for a while but not too experienced at this. I usually just bet on who I think will be FTS, but wasn't having too much luck with that.

Last edited:

Jimmy Rustles

Juniors
I put a $20 multibet on Sharks/Titans/Knights/Roosters today and will get $192 in return if I win. 1/4 so far but am a little worried by the Knights game.

Good bet? I've betted for a while but not too experienced at this. I usually just bet on who I think will be FTS, but wasn't having too much luck with that.

FTS are sucker bets with bad odds, that's why the books promote them as bets "everyone loves to have a punt on".

Multi's are generally bad bets, but for $20 on a weekend punt to win $200, 4 teamers much better than a lotto ticket. Although, if you want to win $200 you're probably better off putting $220 on a single bet on a good line, like the Sharks -6 last night or perhaps Broncos -6 over Parra tonight.

My method is picking out H2H markets or spreads no more than 2 converted tries or totals, nothing lower than 1.70, even money is gravy.

I'd be worried about the Knights game too, Canberra just knocked off Storm, they are back at home where they generally play their best footy. Titans played in NZ last week, always got to be wary of the travel factor.
Two games were hard enough to tip, not something I'd have in a multi even for shits and giggles but best of luck.

good luck diggo, Storm should win by double digits. I think I might just go with a mid sized bet on the Donkeys spread.

Jimmy Rustles

Juniors
I'm really loving the Roosters this year. Their defence is incredible. Yet to prove some away form, but I will continue to bet heavy on them in future. I rate defensive teams highly, they are usually the only ones I bet on.

I don't bet on any other sports. I stick to what I know. Anything else will not be profitable long term. Arbitrage is an exception.

However I am a currency trader, which you could consider gambling. That is where the real money is at. As an experienced trader, it is no longer gambling. It is highly technical and requires a proper scope on risk vs reward, and money management. Most people cannot handle the market unfortunately, which is why I would not recommend it.

Just noticed your reply. Being in Melbourne I don't get to see too many games, aside the Friday night double header and MNF haven't gotten to see too many Roosters games. Seems pretty impressive how they've turned things around.

Yeah, I have no clue about currency trading, stocks etc. I work in a creative/tech field, sports punting is my main hobby I'm just an old sports nut with an understanding of the sports betting industry, spend a bit of time behind a pc for work, will have a video stream on a display or audio stream for footy and be following scores, upcoming lines and analysing stats and situations.

While I can make some small dumb action bets for shits and giggles like the Anzac day or Test match I do my best to take an educated, disciplined approach and grind out long term profit over a season. I'm no pro punter or highroller but I basically follow the professional method of 1% - 2% stake and aiming to cap at 55%, no all in bets, as you know I don't like paying too much juice, unless I have a good statistical angle and gut feeling on a 70% profit I'd rather pass than take a risk, even on some H2H markets that are obviously a free 20-50% profit. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on in case it goes tits up.

I bet on all the sports in my sig as well as tennis and MMA, don't bet on like every game or fight. Look for angles, soft spreads and point/round totals or +ev value underdogs in ML sports like MLB and MMA markets. I tend to find with the Yank sports I don't really have any bias and I just arbitrarily chose teams due to various reasons, I can analyse better and I do a bit better on. I generally try to avoid betting on Storm and against Brisbane Lions due to instilled bias/pessimism. The only things I don't bet on cause I generally lose on is Ice Hockey and Racing.

I am having a risk play this weekend. I am taking the bulldogs @ -4/5 paying $1.96

I think the dogs might be back to some form... the warriors are just as bad as the tigers..

Apey

Staff member
Am surprised the overs/unders is 43.5 for Raiders v Knights. Higher than I expected.

Knights games have gone over 43.5 once this year and Raiders three times. 28 - 12 when they last met. Mullen out for the Knights is all but confirmed. Think they will struggle to put many points on the board.

I went Raiders -5.5 @ 1.98 and Raiders -4.5/unders 43.5 @ $3.75. Watch it end up like 32 - 16 now... :crazy:

Apey

Staff member
Hmm. Well I put more $$$ on the -5.5 so I ended up in the green. Funny I was going to do -7.5 but then thought "nah it could be close..."

Jimmy Rustles

Juniors
no bets this week diggo? Too busy making big bucks currency trading?

I was looking forward to being enlightened to your advanced understanding of value and proper scope on risk vs reward.

Apey

Staff member
Got a bit quiet in here since Panthers beat Storm. I lost $$$ on that too. :lol:

Had the three super Saturday winners in a multi paying $4.64 but was too poor to put anything decent on it.

The Raiders look decent today.

tough round this week for betting. A lot of risk this week. I am thinking the bulldogs will have a strong bounce back at home. I am going to take them at -2.5 @ $1.79

Apey

Staff member
tough round this week for betting. A lot of risk this week. I am thinking the bulldogs will have a strong bounce back at home. I am going to take them at -2.5 @ $1.79

I took them at that too but derped and included Cowboys -3.5. 20 - 18 after 61 minutes :fist:

Taking manly @ -2.5 paying $1.60 and again @ -5.5 paying $1.75

A little concerned about this bet but manly are probably the bet of the round.

The bulldogs bet was a bit risky and paid off.

Knowing my luck the raiders will win, I have had a good run lately so it should end soon.