What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL crushes ratings record!!!

Frank Burge

Juniors
Why is everyone shutting down any criticism of the Tv deal, great ratings but Pete stuffed up the last deal. He has done some good things but that wasn’t one of them, can’t wait for team 18 and the next deal, should be 600m+ even if we go to 10/paramount. We need to close the gap with AFL because they will keep spending the excess money in our markets

Gobsmacked

Bench
Why is everyone shutting down any criticism of the Tv deal, great ratings but Pete stuffed up the last deal. He has done some good things but that wasn’t one of them, can’t wait for team 18 and the next deal, should be 600m+ even if we go to 10/paramount. We need to close the gap with AFL because they will keep spending the excess money in our markets
Why is everyone shutting it down?
Because some posters have been bitching about it already for eternity! Is 1 reason, another is the comparison to AFL is horse shit because the AFL are providing around 30% more content being a longer game..with more games. A third reason in the negotiations took place around covid and unless you think PVL job was to be a virologist/ nostradamas?? He did a deal to ensure we had a future.
That future has been proven to be incredibly bright!

So please f**k off with the old news of the last deal.
He's set thing in an incredible place for the next one!

So next topic !

Pneuma

First Grade
Why is everyone shutting it down?
Because some posters have been bitching about it already for eternity! Is 1 reason, another is the comparison to AFL is horse shit because the AFL are providing around 30% more content being a longer game..with more games. A third reason in the negotiations took place around covid and unless you think PVL job was to be a virologist/ nostradamas?? He did a deal to ensure we had a future.
That future has been proven to be incredibly bright!

So please f**k off with the old news of the last deal.
He's set thing in an incredible place for the next one!

So next topic !
That’s all well and good but some here live in a state of perpetual misery and this is their outlet for expressing it. As for the tv deal. Yeah as it turns out it could have been better. To quote the soup nazi ‘NEXT!’

Wb1234

Immortal
They’ve had billions more in revenue already than rugby league and spent a lot of it in nsw and qld

and their sport has gone backwards in both states

spending ten of millions to put up afl posts in parks and yet nobody plays

maybe afl should start paying league fans in nsw and qld to watch their game. Maybe that’s a way their money will convert leagues fans over to watch that terrible terrible sport

Wb1234

Immortal
That’s all well and good but some here live in a state of perpetual misery and this is their outlet for expressing it. As for the tv deal. Yeah as it turns out it could have been better. To quote the soup nazi ‘NEXT!’
To quote the soup nazi to these perennial misery guts posters …. “No soup for you”

Perth Red

Post Whore
What you're saying makes no sense.
Firstly the last negotiation wasn't at an easy time. Secondly PVL leadership put the comp in this position- the most watched game and increasing rapidly! Thirdly if PVL does well obviously the game does well !

Why on earth people hate on V’landys is beyond me.
The negotiations were handled by Vlandys, he went against the recommendations of his exec team, and ended up a massive clusterfck of epic proportions.
Imagine if he’d just gone for 1 year extension, we’d now be going to market at a time we know what paramount and stan are willing to offer $500-600mill a year and who are both desperate after missing out on afl. Now we have to wait years to have those negotiations and miss out in hundreds of millions of $’s in that period. how anyone can argue it was a even an ok decision to extend in Middle of covid is well beyond me!
Then his doubling down on his shthouse deal by telling us ch9 had no more money to pay and he did fox a big favour to help their bottom line, at time streaming was reaching record subscription rates.
and now to compound how undervalued he sold us off for we are getting record ratings. You couldn’t make it up!
sigh.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What you're saying makes no sense.
Firstly the last negotiation wasn't at an easy time. Secondly PVL leadership put the comp in this position- the most watched game and increasing rapidly! Thirdly if PVL does well obviously the game does well !

Why on earth people hate on V’landys is beyond me.
I can think of a few hundred million reasons! I’ll give him this though. He’s got the game by the balls.
smith signed the biggest fta deal of all time and got sacked for it. Vlandys costs the game hundreds of millions of $s and people on here still think he’s the messiah! That takes some pretty clever positioning on his part. Mind you many believe Trump was the best president ever so no accounting for plebians stupidity.

Last edited:

Pneuma

First Grade
The negotiations were handled by Vlandys, he went against the recommendations of his exec team, and ended up a massive clusterfck of epic proportions.
Imagine if he’d just gone for 1 year extension, we’d now be going to market at a time we know what paramount and stan are willing to offer $500-600mill a year and who are both desperate after missing out on afl. Now we have to wait years to have those negotiations and miss out in hundreds of millions of $’s in that period. how anyone can argue it was a even an ok decision to extend in Middle of covid is well beyond me!
Then his doubling down on his shthouse deal by telling us ch9 had no more money to pay and he did fox a big favour to help their bottom line, at time streaming was reaching record subscription rates.
and now to compound how undervalued he sold us off for we are getting record ratings. You couldn’t make it up!
sigh.
Here it is. The whinge to end all whinges. The master of hindsight and the forums biggest complainer spews it all out yet again. What a miserable sod.
Gil’s biggest fanboy strikes again!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Back to the topic, great ratings for wk1. I thought we might have seen a drop in kayo viewers after the telstra cheap transition deal ran out but seems most kept on at the higher price.

Gobsmacked

Bench
I can think of a few hundred million reasons! I’ll give him this though. He’s got the game by the balls.
smith signed the biggest fta deal of all time and got sacked for it. Vlandys costs the game hundreds of millions of $s and people on here still think he’s the messiah! That takes some pretty clever positioning on his part. Mind you many believe Trump was the best president ever so no accounting for plebians stupidity.
Winge winge f**king winge

King hit

Coach
sigh.

Back to the topic, great ratings for wk1. I thought we might have seen a drop in kayo viewers after the telstra cheap transition deal ran out but seems most kept on at the higher price.

Hey dickhead talk to us about these wankers who you remain silent about7658DB29-FD03-43B7-8B9D-D85D110C9C5C.jpeg

C0401326-739D-44F3-B7A9-07CAEB1AD009.jpeg