What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Games

dannyt

Coach
You can hope all you want mate, won’t change the result, early days I know but he has the results on the board already, recruited well, he is winning games, deathriding wont help….
No, but it won't hurt and it's fun.

dannyt

Coach
Because we don't have a game manager. Someone who can set up a field goal with a full set in the opponent's half. Remember the 2018 semi against Souths. It's 12 all, in Extra Time, we have the ball just in our half and on the 6th tackle Hunt goes the blind side instead on kicking to the corner. We drop the ball, Souths (who had a game manager) get up our end and Reynolds kicks his 3rd field goal for the night.
Thanks for reminding me. I'd just about erased that game from my memory

dannyt

Coach
Tino seems like a player you’d like to have in your team, what a legend, defending his coach, taking accountability. Excellent interview
Tino had a really good game. Probably couldn't have done much more.

dannyt

Coach
I don't really see the point in comparing our results and the Sharks results and then concluding one coach is better than the other.
The reason being that every club is different in terms of skill, ability performance etc. The Sharks have made finals in six of the past seven seasons, how does that compare to us?

The reason Fitzy went for the Sharks like I mentioned was because he felt they had the financial resources and systems in place to maintain some success and win premierships in the future.

So surely from that you can see which coach has their work cut out for them out of the two?

We've got little success to speak of even in the way of finals appearances since 2010. We have struggled to recruit any big name players since I can remember and if most are to believed on here we have a board that don't seem to care.

Remember we made enquiries about Fitzy as did other clubs and he knocked us and others back waiting for his golden goose offer to come along, so lucky him I guess. In my view a good coach would embrace the challenge of an underwhelming club and try to improve/rebuild them and thrive upon it, the ordinary coach would wait around for the platter to get dished up to them.

That very fact that Fitzy as a rookie who had never coached a game up until this year thought he could pick and choose, pisses me off to no end and that's why I hope he fails and Hook succeeds.
I'm curious as to how you know the reasons Fitzy went to the sharks. Serious question. The official reason he knocked us back was because he gave his word to Nick Politis that he wouldn't leave until after 2021. If true, then Fitzy has to be one of the most honourable men in the NRL, so I'm calling bulls@#$

Dragon David

First Grade
Dufty dropped after last weekends game.
It took 12 games for this to happen. He just doesn't make the pass mark does he and here I was being unhappy that we let him go but those in the know knew that he didn't have it. His career will be at the crossroads for such a young guy and even if he goes overseas, I can't see him being a "man of steel" winner - not like Ben Barber.

Illusion

Bench
It took 12 games for this to happen. He just doesn't make the pass mark does he and here I was being unhappy that we let him go but those in the know knew that he didn't have it. His career will be at the crossroads for such a young guy and even if he goes overseas, I can't see him being a "man of steel" winner - not like Ben Barber.
Yep shame because he can be a match winner , but he lacks the aggression of things off the ball , wont put his body on the line , everything defensively he shy's away from ..... Anyway I wish him luck ......

Trifili13

Juniors
And the Dragon's were bagged for letting go of Dufty because he was such an attacking weapon. Yet it was obvious for all the see he did not put his body on the line in defence and was shaky under the high ball. And Dogs only gave him a 1 year contract despite them being unable to score points so even they were hedging their bets. Let's see if Gould allows the media to have the same outrage when we let Dufty go.

Dragon David

First Grade
And the Dragon's were bagged for letting go of Dufty because he was such an attacking weapon. Yet it was obvious for all the see he did not put his body on the line in defence and was shaky under the high ball. And Dogs only gave him a 1 year contract despite them being unable to score points so even they were hedging their bets. Let's see if Gould allows the media to have the same outrage when we let Dufty go.
The Bulldogs got rid of Barrett and no doubt will be saying goodbye to Dufty. The common denominator here is that both have been SGI players - what does this tell us?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
One thing for sure, Dufty will kill it in the English Super League. I can see him winning a Man of Steel award. He has awesome attacking skills but that is it unfortunately and has had plenty of time to improve on defence but just not up to it which is a shame as he could easily be as good as Teddy and Pap if he could improve that part of his game. He is a 10/10 in attack and a 1/10 in Defence where as they would be 10/10 and probably a 7 or 8/10 in defence.

Dragon David

First Grade
One thing for sure, Dufty will kill it in the English Super League. I can see him winning a Man of Steel award. He has awesome attacking skills but that is it unfortunately and has had plenty of time to improve on defence but just not up to it which is a shame as he could easily be as good as Teddy and Pap if he could improve that part of his game. He is a 10/10 in attack and a 1/10 in Defence where as they would be 10/10 and probably a 7 or 8/10 in defence.
I hope you are right Slippery. I said I don't think that he would win a man of steel award but if he can do it, I would be extremely happy for him. Just have to wait and see. Maybe whichever club he ends up at will have a great defensive coach - one that won't take any rubbish from him.

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
I hope you are right Slippery. I said I don't think that he would win a man of steel award but if he can do it, I would be extremely happy for him. Just have to wait and see. Maybe whichever club he ends up at will have a great defensive coach - one that won'y take any rubbish from him.
why cant the dragons recruit 2-3 top class english players

Dragon David

First Grade
why cant the dragons recruit 2-3 top class english players
We've had Widdop, Graham and now Burgess. That's three but I know what you mean Mickey.
I haven't watched many Super League Games this year but I'm sure that there are many others who have and they might be able to sprout some names.

We need some really tough brutes to replace a few of our current stock for next year actually.

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
We've had Widdop, Graham and now Burgess. That's three but I know what you mean Mickey.
I haven't watched many Super League Games this year but I'm sure that there are many others who have and they might be able to spout some names.

We need some really tough brutes to replace a few of our current stock for next year actually.
We are in the hunt for Hetherington which excites me

Attachments

• F059F104-BA42-4336-B3AB-0A7834DE0C0C.jpeg
    F059F104-BA42-4336-B3AB-0A7834DE0C0C.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 7

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes Hetherington sounds good. The way he took it to Hargreaves, totally dominated him . Made Hargreaves totally submitt to him. That's what we need. Get these pussyboys out of our forwards.
Yes, why bother getting some pommies when you have a no nonsense guy like Hetherington on our home soil. A couple more of him and that would be great for the years ahead.
We are in the hunt for Hetherington which excites me
He would be a good pick up even though he does give away a few penalties but the main thing is to help us dominate - that is the thing.