What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Games

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I think that's a little different...

They were leading 36-12 with 6 mins to go and Manly let in 4 tries to only win by 6. I think it's safe to say they put the cue in the rack with 5 to go. They weren't the first team to do that and certainly won't be the last.

I'd be more concerned with 2nd halves like ours when we played the Roosters. We were ahead 14-12 at halftime. We concede a try in the first 2 mins after halftime and then another 5 tries to get beat by 28. That's a real 2nd half collapse.

I think as far as 2nd half capitulations go, we well and truly have Manly covered...
When we had a player off in the bin..

be55

Juniors
When we had a player off in the bin..
Woods wasn't sin binned till the 46th min. They scored 2mins into the 2nd half...

And even been a man down shouldn't see you giving up points so meekly. Teams regularly defend well even with a man down, especially the way the game has become. A teams defensive capabilities should never be more on display than after halftime when the team has had a breather and with the coaches words of encouragement ringing in their ears. The first attacking set they had we opened up like the Sydney heads. You could have driven a truck through the gap Connor Watson ran into. Go back and look at Su'a's and Molo's defensive efforts in the lead up to the try. And their two players i rate highly. We went into halftime with the ascendency but we clearly didn't come out of the sheds the way we went in.

And it's certainly not the first time this year we have conceded early tries straight after halftime. It's a bad sign that points to a deep rooted problem...

IMO

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Woods wasn't sin binned till the 46th min. They scored 2mins into the 2nd half...

And even been a man down shouldn't see you giving up points so meekly. Teams regularly defend well even with a man down, especially the way the game has become. A teams defensive capabilities should never be more on display than after halftime when the team has had a breather and with the coaches words of encouragement ringing in their ears. The first attacking set they had we opened up like the Sydney heads. You could have driven a truck through the gap Connor Watson ran into. Go back and look at Su'a's and Molo's defensive efforts in the lead up to the try. And their two players i rate highly. We went into halftime with the ascendency but we clearly didn't come out of the sheds the way we went in.

And it's certainly not the first time this year we have conceded early tries straight after halftime. It's a bad sign that points to a deep rooted problem...

IMO
. and the second half of the Manly vs Cowboys game…?

be55

Juniors
. and the second half of the Manly vs Cowboys game…?
Cue in the rack could probably explain that one as well with 3 tries in 5 mins at the death. But as you rightly point out that is something they obviously need to address. But if you're trying to argue that they have as big a problem as we do with 2nd half performances then that's going to be a hard argument for you to prosecute. I see shutting up shop when you think the game is won and done a bit different to the complete loss of form that we dish up in the 2nd half of some of our games...

Personally i don't give a flying f**k about Manly. I'm more worried about what we produce on the field anyway, to be honest...

Dragon David

First Grade
The Bulldogs look like they have improved dramatically since Barrett's departure. Better in attack and once Ciraldo goes there, their defence will be very good in my opinion.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think that to make the teams more even, the NRL should consist of 12 teams. I'm sorry but to have 17 teams and maybe 18 teams in a few more years you are going to see several clubs with low quality players and getting thrashed every week which would be a joke to see. Some top teams could get more lower teams to play twice so that would be unfair.

No joke, there just isn't enough quality players to go around 16 teams let alone 17. I can see us being one of those lower teams.:(

Dragon David

First Grade
Just watching the gf replay being played tonight and I'm convinced the Dragons don't even play the same sport as these two teams.

I can't believe how far we are off the pace. This is the lowest ebb in our history don't care what the stats say.

I will never take being a competitive side for granted again.
The Panthers are one great team even without Nathan Cleary, Luai, Fisher Harris. They have got this 2022 comp won in my opinion and as you say bigredv, the Dragons do not look like they are playing the same sport as the teams we watched tonight.

It goes to show that if you have the players and the coaches you just dominate and everybody thrives. Ciraldo has been schooled very well and he will certainly be missed by the Panthers when he takes up his Head Coach gig at the Bulldogs and he will shine there.

The Joint Venture Dragons club does not appear to be anywhere near the level of those much better run clubs. I am just lost for words to say anymore because I just feel totally defeated.

thebigredv

First Grade
The Panthers are one great team even without Nathan Cleary, Luai, Fisher Harris. They have got this 2022 comp won in my opinion and as you say bigredv, the Dragons do not look like they are playing the same sport as the teams we watched tonight.

It goes to show that if you have the players and the coaches you just dominate and everybody thrives. Ciraldo has been schooled very well and he will certainly be missed by the Panthers when he takes up his Head Coach gig at the Bulldogs and he will shine there.

The Joint Venture Dragons club does not appear to be anywhere near the level of those much better run clubs. I am just lost for words to say anymore because I just feel totally defeated.
Shame on the board. The club has fell off the face of the Earth.

Crowds are dwindling and the passion has been extinguished. Just a brand whose bosses are just happy to be part of it.

Completely defeated myself, David.

I don't always get it right but I can't generate the fake enthusiasm and false belief that happy times are around the corner. Anyone with any level of football knowledge can see the talent and cilture we have is sub par. Not jumping ship but expect the scurvy of this ride to be around much longer given our lack of direction or care.

How did the red v club end up here?

Dragon David

First Grade
Shame on the board. The club has fell off the face of the Earth.

Crowds are dwindling and the passion has been extinguished. Just a brand whose bosses are just happy to be part of it.

Completely defeated myself, David.

I don't always get it right but I can't generate the fake enthusiasm and false belief that happy times are around the corner. Anyone with any level of football knowledge can see the talent and cilture we have is sub par. Not jumping ship but expect the scurvy of this ride to be around much longer given our lack of direction or care.

How did the red v club end up here?
I am sad and angry at the same time about how each year for the past decade (except maybe for 2018) us fans see our season come to an end in August which virtually has us closing shop again with no profit and our stocks dwindling.

Our hopes for a better year with some "improved" signings did not come to fruition and we are further in the dark as to what, where, who, why with this club again for the new year.

All I can say is we will have the same Big Heads running the no show, the same Head Coach going about in his boring, no passion, know nothing ways, new assistants who have to prove themselves, uninspiring same players and no new recruits (well we might get a couple for train and trial and another hooker). In other words again, same, same but possibly further down the ladder 😩😩:mad::mad:

Smacka

Juniors
I think that to make the teams more even, the NRL should consist of 12 teams. I'm sorry but to have 17 teams and maybe 18 teams in a few more years you are going to see several clubs with low quality players and getting thrashed every week which would be a joke to see. Some top teams could get more lower teams to play twice so that would be unfair.

No joke, there just isn't enough quality players to go around 16 teams let alone 17. I can see us being one of those lower teams.:(
Bring back the 13 Import rule.

justadragon

Bench
Just watching the gf replay being played tonight and I'm convinced the Dragons don't even play the same sport as these two teams.

I can't believe how far we are off the pace. This is the lowest ebb in our history don't care what the stats say.

I will never take being a competitive side for granted again.
Couldnt agree with you more, watching that game made me very envious of both those sides, and then I thought about the Dragons and now our new claim to fame of the longest time between final appearances since the JV. So thankyou players , coaches, BOD and everyone associated with this years campaign on a marvelous achievement. You have all excelled in maintaining this club down the bottom of the ladder, well done, and even without BBQ gate, sensational. But lets not all stop there, when you are spending your wonderful salaries and bonuses, spare a thought for the mere mortals who may have wasted paying money to support your magnificent performances. No doubt coming soon will be a review of all departments and a Spanish inquisition on who was to blame, with the ever enduring promise of finals football in 2023 and no less will be tolerated. And to all the wonderful merchandise people who will no doubt ring me again asking for my unwavering support for the year and the words " we need your support" please spare me the indignity of knowing what you need, everybody on this forum knows what you need, the only ones that dont know are the DRAGONS footy club.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Couldnt agree with you more, watching that game made me very envious of both those sides, and then I thought about the Dragons and now our new claim to fame of the longest time between final appearances since the JV. So thankyou players , coaches, BOD and everyone associated with this years campaign on a marvelous achievement. You have all excelled in maintaining this club down the bottom of the ladder, well done, and even without BBQ gate, sensational. But lets not all stop there, when you are spending your wonderful salaries and bonuses, spare a thought for the mere mortals who may have wasted paying money to support your magnificent performances. No doubt coming soon will be a review of all departments and a Spanish inquisition on who was to blame, with the ever enduring promise of finals football in 2023 and no less will be tolerated. And to all the wonderful merchandise people who will no doubt ring me again asking for my unwavering support for the year and the words " we need your support" please spare me the indignity of knowing what you need, everybody on this forum knows what you need, the only ones that dont know are the DRAGONS footy club.
Very good justa. We can go on and on with the same lyrics and tunes with the needle stuck in the same groove. It would be nice if we can break out and sing the song Hallelujah for a change.

Dragon David

First Grade

Robbo can whistle Dixie and get knicked as far as I am concerned the crawl up the arse Roosters spokesperson. Always backing Vlandys so that his beloved Roosters get lots going their way and help when needed. I slap your back if you slap ours.

It's all very good to praise Vlandys' idea of a "Superbowl" concept when clubs like the Roosters have their foot in the top 8 most years while other struggling clubs continue to struggle.

Smacka

Juniors

Robbo can whistle Dixie and get knicked as far as I am concerned the crawl up the arse Roosters spokesperson. Always backing Vlandys so that his beloved Roosters get lots going their way and help when needed. I slap your back if you slap ours.

It's all very good to praise Vlandys' idea of a "Superbowl" concept when clubs like the Roosters have their foot in the top 8 most years while other struggling clubs continue to struggle.
Like I've said before - THE NRL is V'landys version of BBL.

Dragon David

First Grade
Ahh the Roosters, we're not sharing our government (taxpayer paid) $800m new stadium with a club that has more supporters than us.
It beggars belief how the Roosters keep getting the cream while the paupers beg for crumbs.

I know that the new Sydney Sports Stadium will be used by other codes and maybe the Bunnies, but whakidoo you Roosters have got it made. Next thing they will get is chauffeur driven cars to the arena of opulence.

Dragon David

First Grade
Love them or hate them what I would give to have Grant from the Storm ..... Fast out of dummy half not like our lot ..... Watching the Storm play makes me sad to see how far behind we are to the top sides .....
The Storm have paced themselves towards the finals. They will be in this years grand final against the Panthers.

Latest posts