What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 18 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Bizarre the ref called that offside live and didn’t let the bunker have a look for the Luai try. I rewound it and I don’t think he was offside

Meth

Staff member
A lot to be excited about watching JFH last night.

Also, Luai, Edwards, To'o, Yeo all fantastic. A 4th successive Premiership is not out of the question

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I find all the talk about the Souths side at the moment amusing. Their form has picked up, but the amount of fanfare they are receiving for beating Parramtta twice, Titans, Manly reserve grade and the Broncos is well over the top

Can we just save golden point till the finals?
1 point each is fair after 80mins.
It's just a field goal-a-thon.
All the extra work under fatigue must set players up for injuries?
I'd also like to see the stats on the next week's game.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Golden point is trash, will take the 2 points but there was nothing wrong with a draw for nearly 100 years and it mixes up the table nicely. Amazing play from Jake to knock the one going over wide of the sticks

Cowboys were amazing to have perfect discipline for the first hour of the match

Blair

Coach
Plenty of points both ways at Leichhardt - Tigers fans wouldn't be too upset with a 40-28 loss to the Storm.

I was surprised to see Manly win up in Townsville. NQ were on a winning streak which, I suppose, inevitably had to end.

Big Marn

Bench
Plenty of points both ways at Leichhardt - Tigers fans wouldn't be too upset with a 40-28 loss to the Storm.

I was surprised to see Manly win up in Townsville. NQ were on a winning streak which, I suppose, inevitably had to end.
yeh, that score flatters the Storm. They scored 2 tries when the Tigers had a man in the bin. They were going tit for tat up to that point.

Blair

Coach
The Chooks took their time but eventually outgunned St George by a lot (42-12) just like they did on Anzac Day.

Ponga's Knights pip Canberra too, which shows we should be as desperate, and capable of getting a similar result, when we're down there playing for our season in a fortnight.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I didn't want to look but I had to...

Rd 18 Ladder:

View attachment 90772
Nah, we're buggered.
The logjam won’t clear next week- most of the mid table teams have byes or are playing each other. We’ll likely still be a couple of points off the right and still mathematically in the hunt. There will still be tons of motivation vs the Raiders in round 20.

Latest posts