What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 20 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Well, we know something's loving the Manly jersey controversy, and that's Channel Nine! Tonight, it's on. The seven-(non)-sinners v Easts, who just happen to represent the area with the highest number of gay people in Sydney. So, Manly v Roosters, let it begin.

Friday, Warriors v Storm. Let's hope Walsh at least gets to look around and go, 'hey, it's pretty awesome here, eh?' Seriously though, it's a real occasion for NZ league and the NRL. The shaky Eels won't match the Panthers, will they?

Saturday, Gold Coast, post-Sideshow Bob, need to give their fans something else, the opportunity is there against the flighty Raiders. Sharks v Rabbitohs is the game of the round, two teams that can perhaps upset Penrith in October. Brisbane will add to the Tigers misery, coach Walters seems to have fixed the huge problems they had up there.

Sunday, serious spoon stuff, Knights v Bulldogs. We finish with the Dragons and Cowboys, two sides at opposite ends of the eight (although, St George are only there on points not f/a, which sits them at 11th, so it's desperate for them!)

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Vossy may not want to mention the Footy Gods again tonight? Especially as they curised Manly there off a scrum play. :)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
They’ve had a red hot crack, bounce of the ball on numerous occasions has been horrendous as was the penalty count the first 60mins

Zac Fulton looks to be one to keep an eye on, didn’t take him long to get JWH to lose his head

Lindsay Collins KO’d himself with a head clash, might get a 3 week suspension to go with it as well if the Finucane example is followed

Blair

Coach
There were always an annoying amount of Storm fans at Mt Smart which I've never quite got my head around.

I mean, I get why a middle-aged man (like me!) might still rock up there in a Canberra top, he (we) were crazy for the Raiders pre-95. But Melbourne? The Warriors had been aroud for three seasons before the purple creeps got a look in.

Yet there they'll be again, tonight, fairly well scattered around our joint.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Young Fulton gets under JWHs skin, he loses his head with an intentional elbow to the young kid, and only gets a fine, f**k me how does he get away with it ?!?! He went on with it post match with Fulton as well

Blair

Coach
Young Fulton gets under JWHs skin, he loses his head with an intentional elbow to the young kid, and only gets a fine, f**k me how does he get away with it ?!?! He went on with it post match with Fulton as well
Lodge would've watched on with interest too, 'hmmm, maybe I can get away with a bit more here...'

There was nice haka moment for your try-scoring winger, who, I think, was on debut too. Brookvale looked bloody good last night. I miss the buzz of living near an NRL ground.

JJ

Immortal
Now I am reading the 7 twats are ok with wearing and playing in the jersey next year?? So all this religious and cultural bullshit is ok next year? LOL

I see Toby Rudolf has commented publicly on his sexuality... good for him, if he felt like he should, big Ian was certainly emotional.

If the jersey and the symbolism (which was very tasteful and mild) helps some kids be more comfortable in their skin, then it's unquestionably a good thing

Rich102

Staff member
Aren't we digressing from the point?
The named rounds and associated jerseys are only done for clubs to sell more jerseys.
Next we will have a round celebrating left-handed ice skaters.
If you build pride in a jersey surely you don't change it at the drop of a hat.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lodge would've watched on with interest too, 'hmmm, maybe I can get away with a bit more here...'

There was nice haka moment for your try-scoring winger, who, I think, was on debut too. Brookvale looked bloody good last night. I miss the buzz of living near an NRL ground.
And he has a 2 week suspension to go with it as well haha. Good on him, has been with the club for many years and handled himself well

Fulton looked a real goer, hadn’t heard much about him coming through but he has a big future ahead of him

JJ

Immortal
Next we will have a round celebrating left-handed ice skaters.
I’m glad you brought them up, one can only imagine the micro aggressions they face

A truly inclusive approach would definitely include a round in solidarity with them

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It is, just surprised Manly and the Eels would entertain it, given their respective strengths at prop
Manly probably happy for the slight discount off next years cap, moving him on has been an ongoing thing this year apparently but the price was too steep. Helping Parra though is very strange