What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 22 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Looking at this week's draw it seems like quite an easy one for tipsters? That's not really what the competition wants as it's time for teams to go head-to-head for finals spots. I'm sick of living in hope.

Tonight, if this game was at Campbelltown then no one would be there and the Tigers would lose. However, Leichhardt gives them a chance over the Cowboys, who aren't great in the cold and have some key players out. Tipsters would still jump straight on the visitors though.

Friday, it should be a win for the Warriors, as the Eels are missing troops. I still want us to try and throw the ball around though, if we break out to a big lead then Mt Smart should cheer us home. What could possibly go wrong?

Redcliffe are in WA with the Roosters. There's plenty of Chooks' support over there and they'll want to see Robbo deliver. He's not a coach that can get away with just edging into finals. He needs premierships.

Saturday, despite the Titans being on a roll, with Dessie all fired up in the box, the Broncos look a class above though and can't afford to lose.

Melbourne will join Penrith by putting the brakes on the Dragons small run of wins and Cronulla, poor last week in Townsville, are back in the Shire with the Bunnies looking lost again.

Sunday, OK, tipsters: Penrith v Knights? No, just joking. The Panthers are firming as competition favourites over Melbourne. They're just so good in attack and defence. Their champion halves work together, unlike another club we know so well. We close with the Bulldogs (who I think are an outside chance at the grand final) hosting Canberra. In previous years the scatty Raiders would take this, this year's different. The Bulldogs are back!

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Blayze Talagi has told Parra he is off, and looks like he will be at 6 for Penrith next season. Must have been in the works for a while and why they happily let J Cleary walk. Bleak outlook for Parra with 3 out of 4 of their premiership winning junior spine last year leaving the club

Blayze Talagi has told Parra he is off, and looks like he will be at 6 for Penrith next season. Must have been in the works for a while and why they happily let J Cleary walk. Bleak outlook for Parra with 3 out of 4 of their premiership winning junior spine last year leaving the club
Yea man, rough for Parra. How much does Arthur's sacking play a part in that?

I know Sanders had already left by the time BA was sacked, but you'd assume his son would've stuck around for a bit longer at least. What about Talagi though? Reckon he would've stayed if Arthur was still in the job?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yea man, rough for Parra. How much does Arthur's sacking play a part in that?

I know Sanders had already left by the time BA was sacked, but you'd assume his son would've stuck around for a bit longer at least. What about Talagi though? Reckon he would've stayed if Arthur was still in the job?
Arthur was directly related to his old man. Talagi has a younger brother that is highly rated and Penrith were going hard at him so probably always a chance

Gees success just builds success doesnt it.

4 consec GFs and 3 titles all while losing a stack of players along the way. You'd think their window has to close soon but here they are sitting 2nd, looking ominous for a 5th consec GF at the very least, while adding Papalii and Talagi for next year. FMD what a machine.

Latest posts