What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 8 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
The Anzac Round - lest we forget.

I wonder what the jerseys will look like? Any more howlers on offering, such as the Tigers recent US soldiers instead of Anzacs!

It's six-day 'weekend' of footy, kicking-off tonight with a biggie, Souths v Panthers. We'll either see how good Souths are or how bad Penrith are! Perhaps the underperforming Panthers just need the challenge of playing another contender?

Friday has the Eels hosting the 'mighty' Broncos. How good are Brisbane away from home? We know the Eels are hit and miss in big games. They struggle to hold sides out when it matters. Their fans are quick to tell us that.

Saturday, the Bulldogs are in a low place, I'm sure their big names coaching and advising expected better and the Sharks should add to the disappointment. Ponga is back for the Knights away to Payten's nearly in crisis Cowboys. I can't watch Kaylen, if he goes down again, you know?

Sunday, Dolphins v Titans. Good Queensland fare, and the Tigers v Manly is prime-time Sydney fare. Please let it be Wests. They need it, we (general league-lovers) need it (sorry Beave), more than Manly.

Phew, we've arrived on Tuesday. The Roosters should rout St George in the main game and who wants to see Cameron Munster celebrating the result of Melbourne v the Warriors?

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
You have to admire the champion Panthers. They're not really gelling but they tackle hard, run out of the line superbly to shut down attacks, and stay in the contest.

To go into the sheds six-all at halftime says it all.

Oh, and there's some shameless Latrell-love going on with the Channel Nine commentary team!

Blair

Coach
What was up with the NZ/Warriors colours by South tonight? Yes Anzac weekend, but why those colours for them?
Isn't black an official colour of the Rabbitohs too?

I'm going one further and saying why do we need the pomp and ceremony for all the games this round? The two on Anzac Day should be enough!

Blair

Coach
I pulled the plug on a meet-up with my brother at the 4 Pines Brewery in Brookvale, so I'm home right now scratching up a bit of pasta, with a few cheap beers.

You know what? I really miss the much-maligned six pm game here in Sydney! It's quite a long wait till eight and dinner will be over by then.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What was up with the NZ/Warriors colours by South tonight? Yes Anzac weekend, but why those colours for them?
Well, not really Warriors colours any more, looks like that’s been left in the Watson years. I’m used to us being back to the OG blue/white/green now and glad that the current administration is sticking with the core jerseys and not changing them up every 5 minutes.

Blair

Coach
Well, not really Warriors colours any more, looks like that’s been left in the Watson years. I’m used to us being back to the OG blue/white/green now and glad that the current administration is sticking with the core jerseys and not changing them up every 5 minutes.
We can't play in black on Tuesday anyway, as we'd clash away to the Storm.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
I know they need to spread the game around the country but, gee, I'm in stitches watching this game in Darwin. It reminds me of a Saturday night at the Lithgow Showground! A-Grade CRL.

Also, the Nine commentators couldn't handle having to mention Walsh's flimsy and lost defence there in that Eels try. They prefer the genius in attack narrative of their special little mate.

So Haas can do a hip-drop and injure a player and stay on the field?
Because 1 already in the bin???
Consistency???
Give me Ezra hip drop over Haas.

Reactions: JJ

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So Haas can do a hip-drop and injure a player and stay on the field?
Because 1 already in the bin???
Consistency???
Give me Ezra hip drop over Haas.
Eels dudded and could’ve actually cost them the game. They’d potentially have cut an 11 man Broncos to shreds. Haas better get cited for that.

TheDMC

Bench
The refs/bunker/NRL just couldn't face putting 2 Broncs in the bin. The (mostly) unconscious bias that influences referring (and punishments) always astounds me. You don't get that in Union anywhere near to the same level.

Latest posts