What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL rebellion: Rugby league clubs want CEO Dave Smith gone or threaten to leave comp

alien

Referee
You know what would be funny? If we had a breakaway with a whole bunch of expansion teams to make up the numbers (again) and Perth were sacrificed (again) when the comps inevitably recombine.

stop trolling perth red! :lol:

elbusto

Coach
I wish that every time these stooges have their little speil the host would just reply by asking " who do you work for again? "
Whately on the offsiders declared he worked for Fox sports this morning. Are these twits declaring their interests? Is sort of a cash for comment scenario

I reminded him about this on Twitter thrre days ago. Kent as well. Conflict of interest

undertaker

Coach
Kent is a cancer. A know it all cancer.

Paul Kent: the gift that keeps giving.

I saw him not so long ago in a cafe at Commonwealth St (opposite Central Station) with a coffee in one hand and mobile phone in the other, laughing at something (he may've been talking to Uncle Rupert for all I know). Wasn't sure what you would say to him in a situation like that.

Funny that Kent won't mention the real reason RL was getting shit tv deals for years.

Do you really think Kent is going to divulge the real reason when he works for the organisation that is responsible for that?

Last edited:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I wish that every time these stooges have their little speil the host would just reply by asking " who do you work for again? "
Whately on the offsiders declared he worked for Fox sports this morning. Are these twits declaring their interests? Is sort of a cash for comment scenario

And that's the reason there was no mention on the Offsiders of the record NRL deal with nine the week it happened.

Brutus

Referee
Paul Kent: the gift that keeps giving.

I saw him not so long ago in a cafe at Commonwealth St (opposite Central Station) with a coffee in one hand and mobile phone in the other, laughing at something (he may've been talking to Uncle Rupert for all I know). Wasn't sure what you would say to him in a situation like that.

Do you really think Kent is going to divulge the real reason when he works for the organisation that is responsible for that?

No I don't. I hope you didn't think I did.

undertaker

Coach
surely there wouldn't be another super league war . . .

Just check out the author to know it's crap.

James Hooper you shill. You whore. What a disgrace.

I think it's far more likely this is a typical media beat up than anything actually tangible.

f**k me dead, that is the biggest load of shit I've read in a long time.

James Hooper got in the tank and f**ked the shark.

Once again, I repeat what I mentioned earlier why the article is complete dribble (but yet many will get sucked into it because of the catchy headline to bait people).

Headline of the article by James HOoper:

NRL rebellion: Rugby league clubs want CEO Dave Smith gone or threaten to leave competition

Nek minnit (buried at the end of the article).....

"The breakaway scenario *remains highly unlikely but.....

The word 'but' used as a marker to justify the load of crap preceding that sentence

.....*illustrates the current level of discontent with the NRL head office.

This 'contradictory sentence' pattern is VERY typical and have seen it used in many Telegraph articles.

It's great isn't it

No direct quotes and a disclaimer at the end of the article that essentially it won't happen

This.

And loved your example you used below. Good work, and the hypothetical you said below is absolutely no different from what Hooper exhibited in his article

I wish I could write an article about how the halftime entertainment at this years grand final is me laying a huge turd on the halfway line choreographed to peter Andre's funky junky then use the line that the above scenario is highly unlikely

:lol:

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
No I don't. I hope you didn't think I did.

:lol:Of course not.

I just hope someone from Triple M (highly unlikely, as they have plenty of News Ltd hacks working for their RL coverage) has the courage to confront Kent one-on-one on this issue. My bet being Sterlo (given he recently confronted Kent off-set not long ago at Fox Sports) or Mark Geyer (given that the two had a history going back to when they were both playing in the Central Coast RL comp during the mid-90s).

I commend Ryan Girdler on his response, but wish he went 'a bit more for the jugular' at Kent rather than make a passive 'don't you realise there's still 2 more years to go in the tv rights' statement. It's going to be a matter of time before breaking point is reached and someone is going to up the ante.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
:lol:Of course not.

I just hope someone from Triple M (highly unlikely, as they have plenty of News Ltd hacks working for their RL coverage) has the courage to confront Kent one-on-one on this issue. My bet being Sterlo (given he recently confronted Kent off-set not long ago at Fox Sports) or Mark Geyer (given that the two had a history going back to when they were both playing in the Central Coast RL comp during the mid-90s).

I commend Ryan Girdler on his response, but wish he went 'a bit more for the jugular' at Kent rather than make a passive 'don't you realise there's still 2 more years to go in the tv rights' statement. It's going to be a matter of time before breaking point is reached and someone is going to up the ante.

Tallis was questioning Kent which was good, considering Tallis does plenty of stuff news ltd.

undertaker

Coach
Rupert has his work cut out for him

rupert_murdoch_ap_img.jpg

Latest posts