What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rookies 2007

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Bulldogs will only have some debutants if we get mass injuries.
The ones i see who could possibly make a debut:

Frank Winterstein - Second Row/Prop
Nathan Armit - Second Row/Lock
Josefa Namila Davui - Wing
Lester Salanoa - Wing
Karl McNichol - Centre/Wing - Our Best Junior

thommo4pm said:
Most people wouldn't know Rangi Chase, and he will be making his debut for us.
Not sure if the rookie rule works that way or not...about coming off the bench.

I think I remember reading if you have played less then 5 games in the previous season and that was your 1st year you are able to fall into the rookie category for Dally M's in the current season.
I could be wrong though.

its a 5 game maximum in the previous season and they must be from the bench.

RABK

Referee
Akuila Uate - Tall 92kg fijian winger who can run the 100 metres in under 11 seconds. A try scoring freak. 18 years of age.

James McManus - Very elusive and fast centre/winger with good defense. 19 years of age.

Terrence Seu Seu - Real firebrand hooker who gets in the oppositions faces. Electric out of dummy half with his lightning acceleration and backs it up with very solid defence. 18 years of age.

Corey Patterson - Big, fast and strong fringe running 105kg backrower. Scores a lot of tries close to the line and loves to rip into any opposition forward. 19 years of age.

yobbo84

Coach
S.S.T.I.D said:
Souths:

Isaac Luke
Sam Huihahau
Fetuli Talanoa
Eddie Paea (not very likely this season)

Talanoa played a couple of games last year. I'd also think that the one thing holding Eddy Pettybourne back is his age and weight. Once he fills out he'll force his way into first grade I reckon. Great talent. Runs like a bull - reminds me of Paleaaesina. Don't rule out Dave Tyrrell either. Apparently carved up in QLD cup last year. Luke Capewell could be a bolter too if Williams/Smith turn out to be balls. But i doubt it.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
yobbo84 said:
Talanoa played a couple of games last year. I'd also think that the one thing holding Eddy Pettybourne back is his age and weight. Once he fills out he'll force his way into first grade I reckon. Great talent. Runs like a bull - reminds me of Paleaaesina. Don't rule out Dave Tyrrell either. Apparently carved up in QLD cup last year. Luke Capewell could be a bolter too if Williams/Smith turn out to be balls. But i doubt it.

Yeah I know Fetuli played a couple, but he'd still be considered a rookie in my mind.

I don't see Eddy getting a run this year under any circumstances. Our pack has got great depth and in my opinion he can afford to serve another year in the lowers. At 18 he's certainly got time on his side.

I forgot about Tyrrell. He'd have to be a chance based on his performance last season in the Qld Cup. Huihahau might have the jump on him though.

I have seen almost nothing of Capewell, though the wraps are solid. So I can't really comment.

Sonny Fai - Warriors - backrower/centre 105kg
Russel Packer - Warriors - prop 112kg

Both man mountains and just kids. Sonny is already the NRL's most strongest player bench pressing 185 kg. Russel Packer had virtually every NRL club offereing him a contract. Both future KIWI test stars. Both highly regarded.

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
Sharks

Dane Nielson - Centre/Winger
Sitaleki(Star) Timani - Front row
Travis Robinson - Centre
Jacob Selmes - Front row
Matt Raftery - Centre/Winger

Freddo

Juniors
Canberra Raiders

prof.jpg

Michael Dobson(Halfback)
was loaned to Les Catlans and Wigan last year
played 19 Games and scored over 240 points the 20 Year Old Hails From Junee. Home Town of the Great Laurie Daley

prof.jpg

Bronx Goodwin(Fullback)

Son of Former St George and Australia Lord "Ted" Goodwin. Scored 23 Tries in Premier League Last Year. Is Injuried Currently With a Broken Arm But Watch This Space When He Makes His Debut

ByRd

First Grade
Karl McNichol is a name most bulldog fans are really excited about, this kid can play and if an injury or two happen, he should make his debut, is an absolute beast.

Mal Meninga

Bench
More Raiders:
Joe Picker - Will get a run at some stage. Locked up long term, another NSW u19, Junior Kangaroo etc on the books.

skeepe

Immortal
I'd also add Brad Cross as a possible Raiders starter... was announced in the top squad at the season launch.

mxlegend99

Referee
IMO Guys who should make an NRL debut for the Panthers this year:

DANIELA,-Gs.jpg

GEOFF DANIELA
Date of birth: 28/02/87 Place of birth: Auckland NZ

Position: Centre / Wing

Height: 180cm Weight: 85kgs

Junior club: St Marys
Previous clubs: none
1st Grade debut: still to come

JENNINGS,-Ms.jpg

MICHAEL JENNINGS
Date of birth: 20/04/1988 Place of birth: Blacktown NSW

Position: Centre

Height: 185cm Weight: 88kgs

Junior club: St Marys
1st Grade debut:

MOKE,-Ps.jpg

PEEWEE MOKE
Date of birth: 12/01/1986 Place of birth: Western Samoa

Position: Five-eighth / Centre / Lock

Height: 186cm Weight: 98kgs

Junior club: Enfield Federals
Previous clubs: Sydney Roosters, Cronulla Sharks
1st Grade debut:

MOORS,-Js.jpg

JUNIOR MOORS
Date of birth: 30/07/1986 Place of birth: Auckland, NZ

Position: Second row
Height: 193cm Weight: 107kgs

Junior club: Cambridge Park
1st Grade debut:

I'd rate these guys as really like to make their debuts this year. Possibly even this weekend for Moors and Jennings.

Big Mick

Referee
Penrith:

Junior Moors
Michael Jennings
Peter Wallace - played 1 first grade game.
Tim Grant
Liam Campbell - I think he may get a run if injuries occur
Geoff Daniella - Same as Campbell's summation.
PeeWee Moke - Have to prove himself in PL beforehand.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
mxlegend99 said:
I'd rate these guys as really like to make their debuts this year. Possibly even this weekend for Moors and Jennings.

I think both should be in this week's team. Especially Jennings.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
doglyf said:
Karl McNichol is a name most bulldog fans are really excited about, this kid can play and if an injury or two happen, he should make his debut, is an absolute beast.

And he's a Kiwi too I believe.

mxlegend99

Referee
douglasallen91 said:
love seeing all the kiwis juniors coming through! nice!
It's awesome. These kids are so young, in great shape and they're so bloody strong. Good too see more possible NZ rep players every day. Even for an Aussie supporter.

Panther_Daz said:
I think both should be in this week's team. Especially Jennings.
With the recent news that Pritchard definitely aint playing Round 1, i'd imagine Moors is certain to play this weekend. Jennings should be picked, but Elliot may hold off on him, he was unexpected to play last weekend, so maybe that's why he missed our trial. Hopefully he is ahead of the rest for the centre/wing spot we have open. He and Gordon would be lethal :cool:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
mxlegend99 said:
He and Gordon would be lethal :cool:

I think Jennings and Rooney will be paired and Lewis and Gordon, well thats what i heard about a month ago. Things could of changed.

NikkiShark

Juniors
Sharks

NEILSEN_BIG_01.jpg

Dane Nielsen
NICKNAME: Danger
DATE OF BIRTH: 10/06/1985
BIRTHPLACE: Mackay
HEIGHT: 187cm
WEIGHT: 92kg
POSITION: Centre
JUNIOR CLUB: Norths (Mackay)

Raftery_M_07H_01.jpg

Matt Raftery
NICKNAME: Doc
DATE OF BIRTH: 11/01/1987
BIRTHPLACE: Sydney
WEIGHT: 85kg
HEIGHT: 185cm

Robinson_T_07H_01.jpg

Travis Robinson
DATE OF BIRTH: 13-6-1987
HEIGHT: 185cm
WEIGHT: 105kg
JUNIOR CLUB: Alexandria Rovers

Selmes_J_07H_01.jpg

Jacob Selmes
NICKNAME: Selmsy
DATE OF BIRTH: 13/02/1986
BIRTHPLACE: Katoomba
HEIGHT: 196cm
POSITION: Prop
JUNIOR CLUB: Port Macquarie Sharks

Timani_S_07H_01.jpg

Sitaleki Timani
DATE OF BIRTH: 19-6-1986
BIRTHPLACE: Tonga
HEIGHT: 201cm
WEIGHT: 118kg
POSITION: Prop
JUNIOR CLUB: Liahona High School, Tonga

Christmas Ape

Juniors
Freddo said:
prof.jpg

Bronx Goodwin(Fullback)

Son of Former St George and Australia Lord "Ted" Goodwin. Scored 23 Tries in Premier League Last Year. Is Injuried Currently With a Broken Arm But Watch This Space When He Makes His Debut

Bronx is going to have to remove that helmet at some stage.
I don't think it's legal NRL-approved headgear.