What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Colk

First Grade
There is fault on both sides, Only those with vested interests don't acknowledge that

Of course there is.

I’m not suggesting that the NRL isn’t completely without fault. The negotiations should have started a lot earlier for example.

Nevertheless, I don’t find them at fault for not agreeing with the players on those two points at least. As an actuary for example that second idea isn’t feasible at all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Players get sponsors from being in those big games, Should that be handed to NRL then?
3rd party sponsors are a pittance for most players (offically anyway!) compared to the revenue the finals and events bring in for the NRL.
(In 2019 the Roosters recorded only $69,000 in third-party agreements but stars such as Cronk and James Tedesco benefited from whole game sponsorships not included in the team-by-team breakdown. Again the Storm led the competition in 2019 for third-party agreements with the Broncos ($350,000), Panthers ($233,000), Sharks ($212,000) and Rabbitohs ($199,000) not far behind.)

You saying they wouldnt have any sponsors if they didnt play in those games? Playing in those games adds brand value Im sure, how much is impossible to say.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Exactly if you did this you may as well have the same teams dominating year in year out. I’d argue that is happening to a degree anyway but this would entrench it.It’s a bad idea and shouldn’t be considered. Therefore I don’t why you are in any way sympathetic to the players on this occasion.

Same as the idea about the non- capping of injuries and post retirement payments. Another bad idea which is not feasible for the NRL to pay.

I understand that you don’t like V’Landys and I can understand people being critical of him on several fronts but the players are being a little over the top here and somewhat disingenuous.
Im sympathetic because I think the players should get as much as the game can afford. They are the ones who quite literally are putting their life on the line (CTE) for our entertainment and to make the game $1bill a year. Whats reasonable is always going to be the sticking point. Good luck to them I say, hopefully a compromise can be found before we get to season KO, why its taken this long only the ARLC and RLPA know!

Im not sure anyone has suggested there is no cap have they?I haven't seen any quote from the RLPA to that effect. Just make it better than the current 12 month one, especially for CTE. They might avoid a big lawsuit down the track!

re Vlandys, just another example of how badly he/the current ARLC handles things, imo. Its not the first and Im sure wont be the last during his reign. He has a bad record of picking fights and losing them leaving the game in a worse position. TV companies, NSWRL, NSW Govt, now the RLPA

Perth Red

Post Whore
There is fault on both sides, Only those with vested interests don't acknowledge that
Im sure there has but going on track record and stuff weve heard and seen so far the ledger does seem very heavily weighted one way! The RLPA has never taken this long to agree a deal before. I wonder why? They were the ones who wanted to get this done early and started the process 14 motnhs ago.

re Vlandys, just another example of how badly he/the current ARLC handles things, imo. Its not the first and Im sure wont be the last during his reign. He has a bad record of picking fights and losing them leaving the game in a worse position. TV companies, NSWRL, NSW Govt, now the RLPA
& there it is .
everything goes back to PVL .
lol the obsession with him is bizarre . Post after post ….he just lets his hate spew forth .

Iamback

Coach
Of course there is.

I’m not suggesting that the NRL isn’t completely without fault. The negotiations should have started a lot earlier for example.

Nevertheless, I don’t find them at fault for not agreeing with the players on those two points at least. As an actuary for example that second idea isn’t feasible at all.

More to the point why Hugh Marks went 1st in instead of PVL and Abdo.

I have asked this question many of times, I am confused by what exactly the players want. The NRL's leaks to the media contain figures, The Players leak vague statements. I don't think their messaging has been clear which drags this out.

Most of their requests could be doable with more detail on the surface the NRL can't agree to most of it

Perth Red

Post Whore
& there it is .
everything goes back to PVL .
lol the obsession with him is bizarre . Post after post ….he just lets his hate spew forth .
yeh, because this, and the other f**k ups has nothing to do with him and the commssion? Vlandys wants to be a dictator in decisions and get the glory of the covid start up, fine but he can cop the flak when it goes tits up as well!

Pneuma

First Grade
yeh, because this, and the other f**k ups has nothing to do with him and the commssion? Vlandys wants to be a dictator in decisions and get the glory of the covid start up, fine but he can cop the flak when it goes tits up as well!
You look for every opportunity to write endless negative tripe about him. It’s your obsession. None of us think V’landys is perfect. But you obviously hate him and it’s an unhealthy read.

TBF neither are finals, all stars etc where only certain players play them. And finals payments for example could be paid like origin by the NRL not the clubs.

I dont necessarily agree personally, I think you are opening up to even more enticement for players to sign for better clubs and more have and have not split in the comp but thats what they feel is fair.
And here is the point as to why a lot of us are looking at the players with a different eye.
SOO, All Stars, Internationals etc are gains for the players individually. They have achieved those honours, and deserve the renumeration for those individual achievements.
Finals are about their TEAM. The team they work together with all year, the TEAM that their Club pays their wages for, to achieve across the whole season.
That season is officially from Nov 1 until Oct 31st every year.
This is why the RLPA is losing some support from the ordinary fan.

Pneuma

First Grade
And here is the point as to why a lot of us are looking at the players with a different eye.
SOO, All Stars, Internationals etc are gains for the players individually. They have achieved those honours, and deserve the renumeration for those individual achievements.
Finals are about their TEAM. The team they work together with all year, the TEAM that their Club pays their wages for, to achieve across the whole season.
That season is officially from Nov 1 until Oct 31st every year.
This is why the RLPA is losing some support from the ordinary fan.
That’s a beautiful post. Sums it up perfectly.

Pneuma

First Grade
I'm usually at my best between 2 and 3 beers.
I just finished my 3rd. What comes after this gets determined by the gods (it really depends on my mood, and my mood is good haha)
I’m on the last night of a four day holiday with the family. Two nights in Pokie dens one night at the races. Today I’m respectful of my liver.

I’m on the last night of a four day holiday with the family. Two nights in Pokie dens one night at the races. Today I’m respectful of my liver.
Two big glasses of lemon water first thing in the morning, then follow it up with another glass of water with Apple Cider Vinegar in it, then one B12 supplement.
I work in a Brewery, I've got to keep the body and mind in clear shape. And this is the perfect daily liver cleansing to go on every day.
Signed
Dr. Bubby

MugaB

Coach
TBF neither are finals, all stars etc where only certain players play them. And finals payments for example could be paid like origin by the NRL not the clubs.

I dont necessarily agree personally, I think you are opening up to even more enticement for players to sign for better clubs and more have and have not split in the comp but thats what they feel is fair.
Equality at its finest

Wb1234

Referee
Not much fault with the arlc

they shouldn’t be caving into ridiculous demands

the players got a massive rise in the salary cap plus a new men’s team providing employment for 30 more players plus a major expansion in the women’s comp and a huge rise in their cap

and in a few years time there will be another massive rise in the cap

the players owe the current administration a lot they’ve done their job to them since covid hit

Wb1234

Referee
Two big glasses of lemon water first thing in the morning, then follow it up with another glass of water with Apple Cider Vinegar in it, then one B12 supplement.
I work in a Brewery, I've got to keep the body and mind in clear shape. And this is the perfect daily liver cleansing to go on every day.
Signed
Dr. Bubby
An alternative was the Johnny raper method which was after an all nighter on the turps go and train and sweat it out

I’ve done this a few times when I’ve had an all nighter

sadly I’m not Johnny raper

An alternative was the Johnny raper method which was after an all nighter on the turps go and train and sweat it out

I’ve done this a few times when I’ve had an all nighter

sadly I’m not Johnny raper
All nighter, all dayer
It doesn't matter, if you're a stayer
As long as you, have true convictions
It's all the same, When the
Ship is sinkin

Sung to the tune of Blackfella/Whitefella by the Warumpi Band, my second all time favourite band.

Latest posts