What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Maximus

Coach
Every company does this.

How many people on here can just go to their employer and say I doing a 1st aid course or something and they just hand over cash?

Never heard of corporate credit cards?

Also, having been an internal accountant at multiple companies over the years, every single one of them. Each department has an agreed budget for the year. It's their choice what they spend it on.

Wb1234

Referee
But it very much is Christian....
Btw did you see newcastle lost... penrith had no one!
Damn panthers that 3peat is sure on the cards

after the panthers blues contingent have to cop the blame for a dud nsw coach they will have every incentive now

plus Nathan has had a nice rest too
In the AFL the PA is given the money and left to control it.
That’s just one sticking point

plus nrl players have been better looked after since covid

players and clubs have a responsibility to the game as well as their own selfish interests

What is the source of that information?

It has been mentioned a few time.

Most recently, from this article (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/938be2f85f40eb970fac9ad4cc11bfeb) -

“What we haven’t agreed to as the commission has said is because this is a significant amount of money there needs to be agreement over the governance of these funds.

“I think the Commission as the independent body that administers the game has the responsibility to ensure that these funds are appropriately administered.

The quotes are from Andrew Abdo.

James Hooper mentions it in an article published yesterday (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/34213384ee0036839172b0d0dd3acc05) -

The retirement funds and the injury funds the RLPA is correctly pursuing have also been agreed upon – the only sticking point is the Australian Rugby League Commission also wants eyes over how the money is invested.

Seems fair enough. Not for the RLPA.

I know Hooper has agendas, and Abdo is talking from his side, but i can recall reading this kind of stuff a number of times earlier this year. Such as in the following article published by the Sydney Morning Herald in January of this year -

Perth Red

Post Whore
Damn panthers that 3peat is sure on the cards

after the panthers blues contingent have to cop the blame for a dud nsw coach they will have every incentive now

plus Nathan has had a nice rest too

That’s just one sticking point

plus nrl players have been better looked after since covid

players and clubs have a responsibility to the game as well as their own selfish interests
As do the ARLC, but it hasnt stopped them slashing over $45mill out of grassroots funding over the last 2 years!

Perth Red

Post Whore
“What we haven’t agreed to as the commission has said is because this is a significant amount of money there needs to be agreement over the governance of these funds.
“I think the Commission as the independent body that administers the game has the responsibility to ensure that these funds are appropriately administered.

Thats the real sticking point in all this. Players want to control their own money, ARLC wants to keep control. Not like we havent seen this numerous times from the ARLC in recent years, NSWRL court battles being a case in example.

Maximus

Coach
It has been mentioned a few time.

Most recently, from this article (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/938be2f85f40eb970fac9ad4cc11bfeb) -

The quotes are from Andrew Abdo.

James Hooper mentions it in an article published yesterday (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/34213384ee0036839172b0d0dd3acc05) -

I know Hooper has agendas, and Abdo is talking from his side, but i can recall reading this kind of stuff a number of times earlier this year. Such as in the following article published by the Sydney Morning Herald in January of this year -

So nothing from the players demanding 100% control? The Abdo quote seems to be suggesting that the commission get full control. The Hooper quote is quoting nobody. In the older articles, there is a statement from Abdo claiming it.

We are getting 1 side of the story, and people are presuming it's correct because they want it to be.

Iamback

Coach
Never heard of corporate credit cards?

Also, having been an internal accountant at multiple companies over the years, every single one of them. Each department has an agreed budget for the year. It's their choice what they spend it on.

Yep and you need to provide receipts with that card.

That is slightly different, ex employees don't have access to the company education fund for example

Iamback

Coach
So nothing from the players demanding 100% control? The Abdo quote seems to be suggesting that the commission get full control. The Hooper quote is quoting nobody. In the older articles, there is a statement from Abdo claiming it.

We are getting 1 side of the story, and people are presuming it's correct because they want it to be.

Read the Statement RLPA put out. They mention it as an issue wanting 75% or 100% still is more than NFL players get

I thought the problem right now is the money being distributed to international test players.
Why is that other sport being brought into it?
They don't play tests or international games.
How could there be a comparison?
Just another excuse to bring them into the conversation.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought the problem right now is the money being distributed to international test players.
Why is that other sport being brought into it?
They don't play tests or international games.
How could there be a comparison?
Just another excuse to bring them into the conversation.
thats a minor issue, control of the players funds is the biggie.

Maximus

Coach
Read the Statement RLPA put out. They mention it as an issue wanting 75% or 100% still is more than NFL players get

Where does it talk about 75% or 100% in here

Clarkent

Juniors
Where does it talk about 75% or 100% in here

I haven't heard anything about 75% or 100% at all from the RLPA. I watched newton's interview earlier on today and he mentioned the players wants to have a seat at the table when the nrl wants to make a decision about adding more games every year etc but the nrl are denying them that chance. When Braith asked Vlandy what the RLPA wanted that the nrl are denying them he completely dodged the question and bought up the international games funds to make it look like the players are greedy