What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Yea the RLPA release is a lot more convincing than anything news stooges have said. Now just say you agree to trade windows and I'll be cheerleading on the the streets for you.

Clarkent

Juniors
The last World Cup lost money, So the players would play for free in such cases?
The players wants to get something back if the international game makes a profit if they're paying for it out of there own pocket they should get something for it and not the nrl. That sounds reasonable to me

Iamback

Coach
The players wants to get something back if the international game makes a profit if they're paying for it out of there own pocket they should get something for it and not the nrl. That sounds reasonable to me

Of course but atm. For these tests to happen it is the ARLC that puts the money up.

Tonga are playing England in a 3 match series this year, Would each player make the $20k from that the ARLC are proposing?

Iamback

Coach
Yea the RLPA release is a lot more convincing than anything news stooges have said. Now just say you agree to trade windows and I'll be cheerleading on the the streets for you.

It depends for me who their requests compare to other leagues across the world.

It does the NRL no benefit to get the players off side over a power struggle.

There would be reasoning behind everything on the list. For both sides

Maximus

Coach
Abdo quoted them as putting money into these funds.

The Players say it is not about the money it is about the players rights. It is the retirement fund, the injury hardship fund, medical support fund, well being and education that seem to be a roadblock. Why is that a roadblock?

“Well that is surprising because we have agreed to and in our proposal we have specified the creation of all of these funds as agreed with the RLPA,” Abdo said.

“We are supportive of it. In our proposal we have over $10 million going to the funds that you mentioned. An injury hardship fund that will be capitalised to the tune of $9 million. We have created a general hardship fund where both the RLPA and the NRL will co-contribute to it.

“So we have agreed to the establishment of these funds and we have agreed to the allocation of capital to these funds.

“What we haven’t agreed to as the commission has said is because this is a significant amount of money there needs to be agreement over the governance of these funds.

“I think the Commission as the independent body that administers the game has the responsibility to ensure that these funds are appropriately administered.

At least a couple of them will have co-contributions so they should be sharing control of those

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well after reading that rlpa faq it is pretty clear what the key issues are and where the problem lies. I’m not surprised the players are fuming, especially on the back of being lied to when the nrl tried to swindle them out of $28million by falsely declaring amount of revenue. Be interesting to see how the media spin this in Vlandys favour now we can all clearly see what the nrl is unreasonably trying to do.

Pneuma

First Grade
This isn’t interesting and the players should shut up get paid and play football. Alternatively …..,,,

Harry O

Juniors
Managed by nrl, it’ll probably be Samoa v tonga in Campbelltown lol
SAMOA VS TONGA should be played in the US.
500k Samoans and 200k Tongans live in the US and wouldn't matter where they will play this, it will sell out in couple of hours.
But Of course this will never happen coz the NRL runs the whole show.
And the NRL only cares about the NRL and Origin and that's it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It seems bizarre the nrl would even be considering increasing games, if anything I’d have thought they’d be finding ways to increase revenue in other areas so they could reduce games and create a better product.

MugaB

Coach
It seems bizarre the nrl would even be considering increasing games, if anything I’d have thought they’d be finding ways to increase revenue in other areas so they could reduce games and create a better product.
Fine we wont expand to perth then... of course they want to increase games... they want 20 fkn teams
Why does everyone assume as soon as someone says we are increasing games mean that the rounds are longer... theyll be 9 games per week when the next team comes along, and extra 12 games on the season..10 games per week when we get to 20 clubs..
i personally think it can go that long anyways, people say seasons too long, but when you got star players sitting on the sidelines for half the season, it sux when they play for your team At least when they return the club can make a run.. having a longer season, provides more content to broadcasters, and overlaps afl in weeks played keeping the game moreso in the focus, dont want a round with nothing and afl have something,
Provides more games for clubs per home games too, if we could get 13 home games 13 away, that would be pretty good, its 2 extra weeks, bit of a break during origin, with staggered byes, keep the top 8 finals maybe add a wild card for 9th, gives no.1 a rest first round..
This CBA profit sharing has f**ked NRLs progression, probably should have started after we had expanded more

Last edited:

Maximus

Coach
Fine we wont expand to perth then... of course they want to increase games... they want 20 fkn teams
Why does everyone assume as soon as someone says we are increasing games mean that the rounds are longer... theyll be 9 games per week when the next team comes along, and extra 12 games on the season..10 games per week when we get to 20 clubs..
i personally think it can go that long anyways, people say seasons too long, but when you got star players sitting on the sidelines for half the season, it sux when they play for your team At least when they return the club can make a run.. having a longer season, provides more content to broadcasters, and overlaps afl in weeks played keeping the game moreso in the focus, dont want a round with nothing and afl have something,
Provides more games for clubs per home games too, if we could get 13 home games 13 away, that would be pretty good, its 2 extra weeks, bit of a break during origin, keep the top 8 finals maybe add a wild card for 9th, gives no.1 a rest first round..
This CBA profit sharing has f**ked NRLs progression, probably should have started after we had expanded more

Oh you personally think it do you? You must have played NRL then and know the toll it takes on their bodies?

Maximus

Coach
This isn’t interesting and the players should shut up get paid and play football. Alternatively …..,,,

Ah yes, the people who make the money should just shut up and do as they are told. They should have no say in their work conditions right?

Pneuma

First Grade
Ah yes, the people who make the money should just shut up and do as they are told. They should have no say in their work conditions right?
I was being sarcastic. These blokes deserve the best conditions during and after their careers the game can afford.

MugaB

Coach
Oh you personally think it do you? You must have played NRL then and know the toll it takes on their bodies?
You must think fans are stupid to think that every player who plays rugby league at the top level are an elite athlete that we all need to feel sorry for, oh no fkn boohoo....
they make a better wage than most of the people in this country to play a game they love... if they are feeling that its a toll, maybe theyll need to switch professions, or take a few days off their workload, im sure the rookie who cant get a go coz you're there blocking his way to a fulltime gig and better pay wont whinge about the toll on the body, especially since being an NRL player is a dream job for most folks... we are talking 2 weeks not a full home and away season like most sports do, fmd if the baseballers or basketballers in the US cried poor over 2 weeks theyd get lynched, those seasons are brutal, not to mention the 7 game playoff thats pretty shithouse in comparison..

Pneuma

First Grade
You must think fans are stupid to think that every player who plays rugby league at the top level are an elite athlete that we all need to feel sorry for, oh no fkn boohoo....
they make a better wage than most of the people in this country to play a game they love... if they are feeling that its a toll, maybe theyll need to switch professions, or take a few days off their workload, im sure the rookie who cant get a go coz you're there blocking his way to a fulltime gig and better pay wont whinge about the toll on the body, especially since being an NRL player is a dream job for most folks... we are talking 2 weeks not a full home and away season like most sports do, fmd if the baseballers or basketballers in the US cried poor over 2 weeks theyd get lynched, those seasons are brutal, not to mention the 7 game playoff thats pretty shithouse in comparison..
Problem with this issue is that it had taken too long to resolve. The admin of the game should have had this sorted months ago. I like Abdo and V’landys but this has dragged on and on and is bad for the games image. I’m not saying the players are angels but this is about leadership and the games best interests and should be sorted out. I’m not a fan of pointing the finger at players salaries. This is an entertainment industry and they are the entertainment. Get it fixed.