What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to BLOCK Inglis' Rabbitohs move

bfoord

Juniors
I just thought all you bunnies fans should know :D

THE NRL will not sanction Greg Inglis' $1.8 million move to the South Sydney Rabbitohs in another stunning twist in his ugly contract saga. The Daily Telegraph has learned NRL auditor Ian Schubert is set to prevent the realisation of Souths' contract with Inglis, penned after his shock walkout on the Brisbane Broncos earlier this month, and the Rabbitohs may have their own Hollywood star and owner Russell Crowe to blame.

It is now highly unlikely Inglis will play for the Rabbitohs in 2011 with Schubert resolved to voiding the foundation club's proposed three-year deal for the injured centre, who still remains contracted to his original club, the Melbourne Storm.

The boast of Crowe on Jay Leno's Tonight Show in the US has helped skittle the deal with the NRL's alarm bells ringing after the Souths owner revealed Inglis had been secured for three years on a deal worth "roughly about $1.8 million".

The $600,000-a-season figure Crowe alluded to ridicules Souths' attempt to have Inglis squeezed under next year's salary cap on a base salary of just $190,000. It was to be topped up by numerous third-party deals that will now be ruled as obligatory under the salary cap.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-battle-cap-woes/story-e6frexnr-1225960431960

Wobbygong

First Grade
This is pretty funny. The Mixos trumpeting Inglis' signing reminds me of last pre season when Dave "10 mins and I'm buggered" Taylor shot his fat mouth off and said Souths pack will dominate and win the comp, and you chokers couldn't even make the eight let alone have anyone take you seriously as a contender.

No doubt you'll get the Inglis rort through but you'll have to offload some quality players to do so, and straight away your depth (or lack thereof) will be tested just like it was in 2010 were you imposters came up short.

Wobbygong

First Grade
If you are going to rort the cap at least learn how to do it properly, I suppose you have a nuffy as a CEO but seriously you need to consult with the roosters first for some tips on effective rorting.

2010Dragons

Bench
This is just hilarious, how embarrassing on international television Russell Crow admits that South Sydney is over the salary cap.
You guys could not even organise a chook raffle, let alone signing a high profiled player.

:D:sarcasm::crazy::roll::crazy:

MattJ

Juniors
wow, look at all the f**kwits and lollipopers come crawling out of there holes at any sign of something to get into souths about.
No words to describe how stupid and sad some of you pricks are.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
wow, look at all the f**kwits and lollipopers come crawling out of there holes at any sign of something to get into souths about.
No words to describe how stupid and sad some of you pricks are.

Planning to cheat the cap, bragging about it and then having the NRL block the deal... I would suggest that is very much something to have a go at Souths about.

It's pretty hilarious, especially when you consider the amount of Souths fans on here that have been gloating about their latest signing.

jackb

Juniors
Your right Matt, these phuckwits do crawl out of the woodwork whenever they get the chance to dump on Souths.

I think this drama is far from finished just yet. Looks to me like the NRL are filthy that a News Limited owned club, Storm, tried to push a player to another News Limited owned club, Broncos, and the player, GI, told them to stick it! Now the NRL which is 50% owned by News Limited, gets it's inept so called salary cap guy, Shoobert, to try and block the move of GI to Souths. The NRL action dosen't only smell it is starting to wreak!

Lets wait and see how it all pans out - plenty of push & shove to come yet.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Your right Matt, these phuckwits do crawl out of the woodwork whenever they get the chance to dump on Souths.

I think this drama is far from finished just yet. Looks to me like the NRL are filthy that a News Limited owned club, Storm, tried to push a player to another News Limited owned club, Broncos, and the player, GI, told them to stick it! Now the NRL which is 50% owned by News Limited, gets it's inept so called salary cap guy, Shoobert, to try and block the move of GI to Souths. The NRL action dosen't only smell it is starting to wreak!

We've had 40 years to dump on Souths...it just continues.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
jpicsiFTRBwkVMfUphjM.gif

Galeforce

Bench
Telegraph talk to wake up zombies , back to your cages.according to Gallup today ,no contract has yet been submitted nor rejected .so some horsetrading to be closed ,look forward to the confirmation of closure , however key is that GI has declared he wants to join Souths , so Souths in box seat to close the deal framework if they still want him.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

This is the exact reason why most "phuckwits crawl out of the woodwork" as you put it. Crowe boasts about a 1.8 million dollar contract which alerted the NRL to some 3rd party deals which may not have been declared, and now it's a massive conspiracy against Souths? Souths fans delusions of grandeur are more often than not what bring on these "attacks".

MattJ

Juniors
I've never bragged or talked up anything, i dont go around trolling for fun like some of the childish sh*tbags that frequent these forums, so im well in my rights to have a spray about some of you terds if i choose too.

Also, dont let the fact that Gallop was just on 2ky saying that the story is not true, the deal has not been rejected and that the NRL have not even seen a contract yet, stop you guys from your little jizz fest you seem to be enjoying so much.

I honestly dont care if we get Inglis or not, i dont see why its such a huge deal to everyone else.

JetRider

Juniors
I've never bragged or talked up anything, i dont go around trolling for fun like some of the childish sh*tbags that frequent these forums, so im well in my rights to have a spray about some of you terds if i choose too.

Also, dont let the fact that Gallop was just on 2ky saying that the story is not true, the deal has not been rejected and that the NRL have not even seen a contract yet, stop you guys from your little jizz fest you seem to be enjoying so much.

I honestly dont care if we get Inglis or not, i dont see why its such a huge deal to everyone else.

JetRider

Juniors
I agree MattJ, I am sick of reading about Ingliss, hopes he sorts out all these issues and we can look forward to watching the games ahead. If Souths get him fine if not life goes on and we will still field a decent team worthy of the competition.

Paul Hewson

Juniors

Go get em Matty. :)