What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW

Coach
ozhawk66 said:
Can't misspell a word that doesn't exist. Ignat. You are so easy you set yourself up.

EA, you've got him backpedaling up his own arse now.

Keep going Ozdork, please :lol:

Snoop

Coach
You're still not using 'your' correctly. It's got absolutely nothing to do with wether you're writing a letter to your girlfriend or posting on an internet forum. You still have to work on your grammar.

(In case you haven't noticed I've been using your/you're a lot lately just to ease you into the english language. If you have any questions about the not so subtle differences between 'your' and 'you're' please feel free to ask)

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
No, no. I want to hear why you think phopah has anything to do with faux pas, apart from a fleeting phonetic link?

Foe pa would have been a bit closer, but still would have made you look thick....

ozhawk66 said:
Idiot. YOU were the one claiming it was supposed to be faux pas, not me. You don't even realize when your playing games, sometimes. Must be hard getting along in life being that dense.

That is way too bizarre. Maybe you should read that again and reflect for a moment on your abject stupidity?

Here, I'll help.

Done?

ozhawk66 said:
psssst..... part of the double-entendre was that there isn't any such word in the English language! :lol: That's why I couldn't wait to see with what you came back with.

So you don't even know what a double-entendre is? LOL

Graham Kennedy and Benny Hill would be ashamed that you draw breath.

Snoop

Coach
ozhawk66 said:
Good grief. Players are timed over and over again. They have to be willing to be timed, otherwise teams would get suspicious and look at other players.

Only 8 players among RB/LB's, but there are more. And at other positions.

You can't disprove it just because you don't believe it or have a hard time believing these numbers.

They don't get timed repeatedly, they go to Pro Timing Days. Sure their sprint coach is constantly timing them with his portable sun dial but the scouts don't just take sprint coaches times as gospel.

You can't seem to prove any aspect of the 40 yard dash. You are simply taking times posted on some draft website or 40 yard all time greatest website.

You still haven't explained to me how Ben Johnson would be blown away by these hundreds of guys trying out for the NFL. I guess the USA sprint team are just the guys that didn't make the draft?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Oh, by the way EA, I didn't see any knockouts in league over the weekend. Maybe you'll be able to point one out for me next week. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Goodbye for now, girlies.....

Snoop

Coach
So you don't even know what a double-entendre is? LOL

Graham Kennedy and Benny Hill would be ashamed that you draw breath.

I think he thinks 'your' is a double-entendre.

Snoop

Coach
ozhawk66 said:
Oh, by the way EA, I didn't see any knockouts in league over the weekend. Maybe you'll be able to point one out for me next week. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Didn't you bother watching the Dogs v Raiders game?

ozhawk66

Juniors
That is way too bizarre. Maybe you should read that again and reflect for a moment on your abject stupidity?

Here, I'll help..

You've gone over the deep end, and for you, that's saying a lot.

I'll try and keep it simple for yuh so you don't spin yourself any deeper.....

Show me the post where I tried to make the claim about phopah being faux pas?

Talk about abject stupidity.

ozhawk66

Juniors
snoopster77 said:
They don't get timed repeatedly, they go to Pro Timing Days. Sure their sprint coach is constantly timing them with his portable sun dial but the scouts don't just take sprint coaches times as gospel.

You can't seem to prove any aspect of the 40 yard dash. You are simply taking times posted on some draft website or 40 yard all time greatest website.

You still haven't explained to me how Ben Johnson would be blown away by these hundreds of guys trying out for the NFL. I guess the USA sprint team are just the guys that didn't make the draft?

Yes they do get timed repeatedly and they aren't timed at 'pro Timing Days'. They are timed, among many other things, at the NFL combine. And many are timed in private workouts for potential teams. Then they are timed in training camp before the season starts. Trust me, teams know what they are getting by the time they draft these guys.

You also don't know some basics about Olympic level sprinting. First off, 100 meter sprinters don't try and run the the fastest 40 possible, it's about running the fastest 100 possible. 100 meter sprinters haven't peeked out at the 40 mark. Another thing that might help you understand how sprinters run the 100 meters, is that they don't breath for the entire 100 meters. That's why they take so much freakin time after a false start.

So no, Ben Johnson would not be blown away in a 40 yard dash by these guys.

ozhawk66

Juniors
snoopster77 said:
Didn't you bother watching the Dogs v Raiders game?

Nope. It wasn't live. But I'll catch the replay if you tell me about some hit I should see. Just tell me what half it took place in and or what part of the match it happened.

ozhawk66

Juniors
NPK said:
What else was phopah meant to mean???

Go back and read the original post if you have the time. I don't care to spend that sort of time. But maybe someone could list the exact post.

Bazal

Post Whore
ozhawk66 said:

Josh Miller vs Canterbury. Twice. Next!

Jae

Juniors
Bazal said:
Josh Miller vs Canterbury. Twice. Next!

It doesn't count. He wasn't hit by a 400 pound running back ripped like Arnie in the 80's running the 100m in under 8 seconds for fun after also playing on defence and making 15 tackles in a row. If your trying to esplain otherwise, it would just be a phopah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts