What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bulldog Power said:
what kind of sick f**k enjoys seeing people knocked out senseless

Meathead, redneck, 12-gauge toting, Budweiser drinking redneck NFL fans who live in a 47 year old caravan with no electricity and are married to their sisters. Heya Ozhawk!

Bomber

Bench
ozhawk66 said:
Oh, by the way EA, I didn't see any knockouts in league over the weekend. Maybe you'll be able to point one out for me next week. But I wouldn't bet on it.

snoopster77 said:
Didn't you bother watching the Dogs v Raiders game?

ozhawk66 said:
Nope. It wasn't live.

LOL!

So in other words, you have no f**king idea at all!

You didn't see any knockouts in league, because (to use your words) you're an 'ognorant' 'ignat' and couldn't be f**ked watching a game on Free to Air TV.

In addition, you're a mental case who gets some sort of sick satisfaction out of watching people get knocked out and/or concussed. I wonder if it was your body sprawled on the grass with your head next to your arse, whether you would think it's such a great idea.

What's more, you've boosted this thread from 450 to 750 replies in a single day because you couldn't tell the difference between you and you're.

You're a funny phopah, that's for sure.

P.S. - Rugby League's the better game.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bulldog Power said:
what kind of sick f**k enjoys seeing people knocked out senseless

Like a league crowd doesn't react when a home team player makes a good hit?

I've mentioned this before about this part of the game in American football, but sometimes, it can be the most screwed up part of the game. And it's a sad side effect, at times. It's not bragging, but I've seen some horrible s**t over the years. Life threatning crap.

It's just how the game is. And it's part of the hurtin game that is football.

Bazal

Post Whore
You wanna see life threatening? Stephen Kearney and Marcus Bai on Jarrod McCracken. Horrific. Why keep harping on about sh*t like that, it's nothing anyone likes to see. Well, except your twisted self, obviously.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
LOL!

So in other words, you have no f**king idea at all!

I have a very good idea of what happened, I just haven't seen the Dog/Raider match.

You didn't see any knockouts in league, because (to use your words) you're an 'ognorant' 'ignat' and couldn't be f**ked watching a game on Free to Air TV.

Call it an American thing, but I only watch live football, league included. And I still average 2/3 matches a week. Too me, ignorance is accepting non live footy. I honestly don't see the point if one can see a match live.

In addition, you're a mental case who gets some sort of sick satisfaction out of watching people get knocked out and/or concussed. I wonder if it was your body sprawled on the grass with your head next to your arse, whether you would think it's such a great idea.

It's all about beatin the man across from you. And sometimes that results in unconscious concussions. That's the main reason why American football players have to be so big and strong - in order to absorb the sort of physical punishment that is part of the game. The better shape one is, endurance included, the better one can avoid and or recover from minor/major injuries.

What's more, you've boosted this thread from 450 to 750 replies in a single day because you couldn't tell the difference between you and you're.

You're a funny phopah, that's for sure.

P.S. - Rugby League's the better game.

Twasn't me who couldn't recognize the diff and the context those two words were being used in.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bazal said:
You wanna see life threatening? Stephen Kearney and Marcus Bai on Jarrod McCracken. Horrific. Why keep harping on about sh*t like that, it's nothing anyone likes to see. Well, except your twisted self, obviously.

I don't like to see that sort of thing either. I thought I made that clear by saying 'screwed up part of the game'.

I don't know about the Kearney/Bai hit on McCracken, but those sort of stories are few and far in between in league as opposed to the morbid, NFL stories of violent behaviour.

Was that league hit as bad as a sheared off major artery, near the heart because of a severe hit?

Part of league rules don't allow for high tackles or turning a player beyond the horizontal bop line. These sort of tackling circumstances are basics on the collegiate and pro levels in American football. Hell, you can drive a players head/spine into the ground during a tackle. It's just part o the game. Sometimes enthralling, sometimes sad.

ozhawk66

Juniors
axie said:
To whom did this happen, and when?

I'd actually forgotten about this until some early episode of 'Jacked up' on ESPN reminded me of it this past football season......

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=times new roman, times, serif]Bledsoe comes home[/font] [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=times new roman, times, serif]By Greg Bishop
Seattle Times staff reporter
[/font]
[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]RICK STEWART / GETTY IMAGES[/font][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]Drew Bledsoe (facing) has been blamed for the Buffalo Bills' struggles over the past two seasons.[/font] Adam Bledsoe found his brother hunched over the training table, face gnarled into a grimace, body curled into the fetal position. [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Something obviously wasn't right. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]So they carted Drew Bledsoe into an ambulance equipped with the one painkiller (morphine) that he's allergic to, and when that ambulance pulled into Boston city limits, Bledsoe started blacking out. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]A vicious, but legal, hit from Jets linebacker Mo Lewis on Sept. 23, 2001, sheared the artery behind Bledsoe's ribs. He bled four liters of blood into his chest cavity, filling it until his lungs failed to inflate. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Doctors cut a hole in his side just below the armpit, removing the blood and pumping it back into his body intravenously. They compared the injury with those suffered in major car accidents. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"I thought he was dying," Adam Bledsoe said this week. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Drew Bledsoe returned to New England that season but never regained his job as starting quarterback, watching from the sideline as the Patriots won the Super Bowl with Tom Brady as their starter. [/font]

dot_clear.gif
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][/font]
[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]Bledsoe throws against the New York Jets on Nov. 7 at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park, N.Y.[/font]
dot_clear.gif
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]That day, that hit, that trip to the hospital and the series of events that happened afterward altered the course of Bledsoe's football life, taking him to Buffalo and losing and the greatest struggle of his career. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]But that story still matters because it speaks to his resiliency, his perseverance, his very core. That story tells you everything you need to know about Drew Bledsoe ? the man and the football player ? and how he has endured the seasons since, the fans calling for his backup, even the radio station that tried to vote him out of town. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Walla Walla native and Washington State great returns home Sunday when the Seahawks host the Bills. Bledsoe will play a football game in the state where he grew up for the first time in more than a decade. [/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"This is a chance to get him home before his career ends," said Mike Levenseller, the offensive coordinator at Washington State. "There are moments in time that you better embrace. This is one of those moments. This is one of those times you need to make a big deal out of it. He won't. But everybody else should." [/font]

for full article:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2002101087_hawks26.html

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Few and far in between?

So you're a violent little pissant ozdork. How long has Doonside been redneck central? 6 years?

Poor Doonside.

I actually moved to Doonside from Wattle Grove. So, what's your prob with the 'few and far in between' comment?

It's hard telling, coming from you.

Redneck? Why can't you show us when I claimed phopah to be faux pas? Or, are you glossing over another hard post.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Players are concussed in the NRL every week, it's the nature of a violent contact sport where the players don't wear helmets....

But yet you never confronted the posts I posted concerning more injuries and concussions in American football when opposed to rugby/league........did you.

You were scared and touchy too touch upon this subject, between the two sports.

So, inform me when the next, full on knockout in a league match happens. Or will you?

ozhawk66 said:
I actually moved to Doonside from Wattle Grove. So, what's your prob with the 'few and far in between' comment?

Few and far between....

Like your brain cells.

You have a command of the English language that would be right at home in the Amazon jungles. That is unless you run into someone who actually speaks English.

ozhawk66 said:
It's hard telling, coming from you.

That's because my IQ isn't in single digits like yours.

ozhawk66 said:
Redneck? Why can't you show us when I claimed phopah to be faux pas? Or, are you glossing over another hard post.

Yep, redneck.

And if you're prepared to hang your arse out to be kicked, I'll kick it....

What makes it funnier is that you spent half of today trying to say it was a double entendre and that you were the only person in the Universe who got the joke.... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ozhawk66 said:
Then quote me directly cause I don't know where I made this phopah amongst all my postings.

Now, you tell me what you were actually trying to say.

ozhawk66 said:
But yet you never confronted the posts I posted concerning more injuries and concussions in American football when opposed to rugby/league........did you.

You were scared and touchy too touch upon this subject, between the two sports.

So, inform me when the next, full on knockout in a league match happens. Or will you?

hahahaha

Dead set playing with yourself.

Concussions occur every week in the NRL and some are full knockouts because NRL players don't wear helmets.

Watch it yourself to find out you genius. You have Foxtel obviously, shouldn't be a stretch other than getting a neighbour to change the channel for you...

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
Phopah!!!!

Actually, weren't there some phopahs in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory?

I don't know. You tell me. You like telling me everything else cept stuff concerning football.

Bomber

Bench
I can tell you lots of stuff about football - rugby league football, that is.

You've told me almost nothing I didn't know already about that other version of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts