What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber

Bench
Here are some pictures from the flourishing Australian NFL scene

http://eteamz.active.com/bears/albums/index.cfm?id=209691

SwarmingDRhinos.jpg

PassRhinos.jpg

Jae

Juniors
"I love chicken....."

"Of course you do, you fat mother f**ker."

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think this thread is going to end up like all of those AFL threads, with random pictures of AFL matches in Serbia where 2 people walking their dog in the park mistakedly find an AFL game going on.

redVgirl

Juniors
bahaha look at those fat bastards! gah! i really dont get why aussies would want to play NFL. it has absolutely nothing to do with us or our culture. i mean obviously league came from union which is from our a british heritage, same with AFL being derived from gaelic football and our irish heritage. but i really dont understand why anyone would want to play NFL...we already have 3 codes to choose from, why import some sub standard yankee game? argh i hate the slow americanisation of australia. it sh*ts me to tears.

Jae

Juniors
argh i hate the slow americanisation of australia. it sh*ts me to tears.

Go to England, then you'll see what this country will be like in 5 years time. They have an advanced form of Americanisation.

Anyways for those who have read most of this thread, remember, Union isn't from British heritage... it's the British variant :lol:

redVgirl

Juniors
ah i havent been to england since the mid 90s. i should be heading there towards the end of the yr, i hope they arent to yankee-ised..lol!

i dunno playing NFL within australia just seems a bit tryhard to me. like when aussie MC's rap with an american accent....its trying to be something you're not and will never be.

redVgirl

Juniors
hahaha yes indeedy they are! ive always thought those positions in nfl were rather gay. in fact most footy codes have a certain homoerotic undertone to them. not that theres anything wrong with that...hahah.

Snoop

Coach
Ozsparrows insistence that a halfback the size of Brad Thorn would revolutionize Rugby League just goes to show that while he may enjoy watching football he has absolutely no idea about the game.

Ozzie, here's two tips:

1. Forget about NFL while watching league and try to appreciate the differences.

2. Take some night classes in english.

Bomber

Bench
Another picture from our tour of NFL Australia........now we're in Canberra!

#58 and #99 getting down and dirty
DSCF0626s.JPG

Snoop

Coach
The numbers on their backs are how many big macs they ate during the week. Top efforts from 99 and 73, well done guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.