What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
lol.....this should be good........

I'm a mental giant? That makes you a mental drawf by comparison

Um.....the word does exist...has existed for quite a while.....and it's spelt faux pas. It means 'tactless mistake; blunder'. It is derived from the French term for 'false step'.

You made a woeful attempt at spelling, f**ked it up, and were too full of yourself to admit to it. Hence this pathetic smokescreen.

It's not phopah.....or foe-paw.....it's a faux pas and you made a big one.

What did you say about the easily amused?

Oh....that's right.........

I guess you really practice what you preach.

Good grief. You guys will rationalize anything to protect yourselves.

Here is a sociological hint for yuh: the slang equivalent to faux pas has a bit of an extra meaning to it.

There is faux pas, pronounced fox-paw(s) - silent 's' to most - and then the slang equivalent is enunciated as foe-paw, even with the Aussie accent.

Slang terms generally have extra/differing connotations.

CLASS DISMISSED!

Bomber

Bench
Good grief. You guys will rationalize anything to protect yourselves.

It's rationalise, you twit.

Here is a sociological hint for yuh: the slang equivalent to faux pas has a bit of an extra meaning to it.

Why do you have to keep hiding behind 'slang'.

The slang equivalent of faux pas has a bit of an extra meaning to it? So instead of just f**king up, you really f**ked up? Is that what you're trying to say.

There is faux pas, pronounced fox-paw(s) - silent 's' to most - and then the slang equivalent is enunciated as foe-paw, even with the Aussie accent.

You idiot. My dictionary (which, incidentally, was published in England, the home of the English language) says it is pronounced "fau par". This blows your 'fox' pronunciation right off the planet.

Just between you and I, the only thing you are enunciating at the moment is a bucket of sh*t.

Slang terms generally have extra/differing connotations.

Come on, teacher. Show us some. Don't make a broad, sweeping generalisation and then ride off into the sunset.

CLASS DISMISSED!!!

So now we're doing role-play? I stopped doing that in kindergarten....around the same time that I stopped pissing my bed.

You don't have to wear Huggies to bed, do you?

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozhawk66
Uh huh.

Well said.

Uh huh.

Quote:
Not just one typo and not that I care. It's just your infantile style of flaming.

The one you just can't help replying to....

Like I said, infantile.

Quote:
Nice structure.

What, Leaning tower of Pisa type structure or Harbour Bridge type structure?

Help me out here...

Here you go......>>Yeah, you have, no you didn't.<<

Quote:
Now you're capitalizing letters within a given word?

That from the person who just has to use bold and who still can't work out how to use this forum correctly?

Nice try in trying to deflect more of your stupidity.

Quote:
No where near perfect in your world. And we're finding out, in just one post, how easy it can be to pick and parse your sort of Engysh.

Yeah, you go girl....

A new word too, the dictionary is getting a hiding isn't it? It's a pity you don't really know how to use it..

Go girl? I knew you were the from the Jerry Springer crowd!

Quote:
Droors is slang for your stained pants, idget.

Not quite.

Drawers is another word for underpants, or derps, or bog-catchers, ....

Droors is the way morons spell drawers.
draw·er ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (drô
prime.gif
schwa.gif
r)
n.
Remember now, phonetic isn't always right....

Especially with slang. Idiot.

Quote:
Is this the Star Trek or Star Wars inspired version of the Thesaurus?

Star Trek, of course.

Two of the Star Trek series are unwatchable.

Quote:
Uh huh. But you try and spin my typos as being inane. Face over arse was too good to pass up.

No, your typos aren't inane, they're bizarre. But insignificant in comparison to the words you actually think you know exist...

Like, phopah? for instance? LOL

Quote:
Obvious slang going over your head. Nothing new here.

errrr

No.

Slang doesn't mean stupid nonsense.

No, but it is sometimes implied to those it is directed at. But never get it.

Quote:
No kidding? But you sure feel the need to point out the obvious. Does it make you feeeel better? You sounded more scared in that answer than anything.

Scared of what, are you going to hunt me down?

Scared to answer. Quit spinning. You're spun enough as it is.

I'm about to have a phopah in my droors...

hahahaah

Just don't drop your drooooors.

Quote:
Try this on for size: complete the spelling of this word - tetraneut... - and if you can, you might be close to my level. Three letters to go, that's it. But I seriously doubt you will do it. Just like all the other times you ignored all when confronted.

tetraneut

French for: Get your c**k out of my ear.

You're getting worse. This place has you absolutely f**ked.

Again, scared when confronted.

Quote:
And Google all the frik you want too.

Why would I? I don't care, only you do.

No, but you seem to have a complex about trying to come across as oh so smart, till you are confronted with what you can't answer. Hence your knee-jerk flaming.

Quote:
Lets see how much you got and how stupid you look after this one.

I dunno, I'd have to try real hard to top you on that one.

Get your foot out of thy mouth and try to debate then.

Quote:
Those that need those sort of meds don't find a lot all that funny, either.

Just back away from the keyboard....

Sounds like the same sort of paranoid answer a pshyco gives his therapist when the meds run dry.....

Quote:
Like I said.

*farts*

Hope you didn't have any true Mexican food last night :shock:

Quote:
Mental imp.

You could have Hawking's brain fused with yours and you'd still only be able to be jealous of that level of intelligence...

Hell, your brain could be fused with a used tissue and it'd be an improvement...

Sorry. I should have said, basic imp.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
It's rationalise, you twit.

A hint, twit. Your spelling is the British variant. We Yanks got rid of em over 200 years ago, along with a lot of British influence. Meanwhile, you guys still celebrate the Queen's birthday and still have the Jack on your flag. No wonder Australia is one of our economic colonies.

Why do you have to keep hiding behind 'slang'.

I can't help you if you can't recognize obvious slang. Just like your inibility to recognize the British variants in spelling.

The slang equivalent of faux pas has a bit of an extra meaning to it? So instead of just f**king up, you really f**ked up? Is that what you're trying to say.

Do you not recognize the slang equivilent to faux pas?

You idiot. My dictionary (which, incidentally, was published in England, the home of the English language) says it is pronounced "fau par". This blows your 'fox' pronunciation right off the planet.

Idiot. Yet you can't tell the French history behind this noun?

Main Entry: faux pas
Pronunciation: 'fO-"pä, fO-'
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural faux pas /-"pä(z), -'pä(z)/
Etymology: French, literally, false step
: [size=-1]BLUNDER[/size]; especially : a social blunder

Hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder where the PHOPAH spelling came from? Idiots.

Just between you and I, the only thing you are enunciating at the moment is a bucket of sh*t.

In your British influenced world.

Come on, teacher. Show us some. Don't make a broad, sweeping generalisation and then ride off into the sunset.

Methinks the point has been proven.

So now we're doing role-play? I stopped doing that in kindergarten....around the same time that I stopped pissing my bed.

You don't have to wear Huggies to bed, do you?

I'll leave that one alone.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Have you eber posted anywhere else other than in this thread ozhawk?
Your such a c0ck. Just coming here to start fights. Why waste your time..

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
Replying to another flame?

I guess ozhawk66 isn't a man of his word then........

It's the only debate around at the moment. But it's proving a bit to easy.

ozhawk66

Juniors
vippo19 said:
Have you eber posted anywhere else other than in this thread ozhawk?
Your such a c0ck. Just coming here to start fights. Why waste your time..

I have posted elswhere on this site, if you must know.

Bomber

Bench
Australia has never been a colony of America, economic or otherwise.

Unlike the Americans, our independence was won with handshakes and agreements, not with muskets and blood.

Unlike the Americans, we don't try to force our culture and ideals on the rest of the world. Examples - Korea, Vietnam, Lebanon, Iraq......and American football.

Unlike the Americans, we are proud of our British heritage. Yet we are also mature enough as a nation to accept the cultures and customs of those who came from foreign shores.

Unlike Americans, I can go overseas and say I'm an Australian without fear of getting abducted or murdered.

So who is the one insecure about their national identity here?

It's not the one who can spell recognise correctly.......

NPK

Bench
ozhawk66 said:
I have posted elswhere on this site, if you must know.

Out of 378 posts as of 11:20pm June 29, Ozhawk66 has made 373 of them in this thread. :shock:

Take that you you will :D

Ghoulies

Bench
ozhawk66 said:
It's the only debate around at the moment. But it's proving a bit to easy.
Ozhawk, there is nothing to debate. As it has been mentioned many, many times before, there are too many differences between the sports to make any comparison. FFS if you're after debate, you'd be better off creating a thread about the subtle differences between AFL and ballet.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Bomber said:
Australia has never been a colony of America, economic or otherwise.

Really? Try watching how the Oz market reacts to Wall Street on a daily basis, for starters.

Unlike the Americans, our independence was won with handshakes and agreements, not with muskets and blood.

Yet freedom rings as a shining example of the most powerful country on this planet. Freedom is not easy. My nation has sacrificed for many, including Australia.

Unlike the Americans, we don't try to force our culture and ideals on the rest of the world. Examples - Korea, Vietnam, Lebanon, Iraq......and American football.

Korea? Notice the difference between the north and south Korea's recnetly?

Vietnam? 2 million people were slaughtered after the US left SE Asia. Who imposed what on whom?

Lebanon? Syria ran Lebanon into the ground. Now, Lebanon is getting around to actual elections.

Iraq? So, your telling me the majority of Iraqis would prefer the return of Saddam's regime?

Play the history game with someone in your own league.

Unlike the Americans, we are proud of our British heritage. Yet we are also mature enough as a nation to accept the cultures and customs of those who came from foreign shores.

That's one premise America was built on. Ever hear of....give me your tired, hungry and poor?

Unlike Americans, I can go overseas and say I'm an Australian without fear of getting abducted or murdered.

Maybe you have forgotton about Douglas Wood ? Lucky man, he was.

So who is the one insecure about their national identity here?

Nice try in framing the debate, but no dice.

It's not the one who can spell recognise correctly.......

Idiot.

Main Entry: rec·og·nize
Pronunciation: 're-kig-"nIz, -k&g-
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -nized; -niz·ing
Etymology: modification of Middle French reconoiss-, stem of reconoistre, from Latin recognoscere, from re- + cognoscere to know -- more at [size=-1]COGNITION[/size]
1 : to acknowledge formally

Main Entry: rec·og·nise
chiefly British variant of [size=-1]RECOGNIZE[/size]

Do you recognize the diff?

ozhawk66

Juniors
NPK said:
Out of 378 posts as of 11:20pm June 29, Ozhawk66 has made 373 of them in this thread. :shock:

Junior needs some basic math lessons before he tries the concept of ratios.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
Ozhawk, there is nothing to debate. As it has been mentioned many, many times before, there are too many differences between the sports to make any comparison. FFS if you're after debate, you'd be better off creating a thread about the subtle differences between AFL and ballet.

That's why I generally try to keep the debate to comparable aspects of positions and or aspects of the game(s).

JW

Coach
NPK said:

Yep, he's just some tool looking to make some conversions. It won't work here Ozdork. I gave you a link to BigFooty but obviously you rejected my advice.

Here it is again, one last time.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Now go over there and post a thread titled "AFL vs NFL Debate". They'll welcome you with open ars... I mean arms.

Go on, get.

Bomber

Bench
You dunce

How can there ever be a British variant if it was the British who invented the language?

It's like saying American Football is the American variant of American Football.

For a variant to exist, there must be an original, so to speak.

The English language is the original. The American is the variant.

Hence, recognise rules! So does Synthesise! Categorise!

As for Wall Street - it's a global economy now. That means.....South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, Great Britain, Canada, China, India.....absolutely everybody, as the song goes.

As for Douglas Hood - lucky man, but he didn't get shot, did he? He also had the good sense to not tell his captors about his American wife, or the fact he'd been living in the US of A for the last thirty years.

Face it bud, you're in a different country now. Not the 51st state.

You can still visit your embassy whenever you like - you know, the one with the golden arches? I'm not sure whether you can get Monster Thickburgers in Australia. Good luck trying.

Bomber

Bench
ozhawk66 said:
Junior needs some basic math lessons before he tries the concept of ratios.

lol......what's not to understand?

Let's put this in simple terms for you:

Ozhawk's Posting Habits

Number of Posts made in 'NRL v NFL' thread

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Number of Posts made in other threads

XXXXX

Now, Chucky, which portion is the larger?

ozhawk66

Juniors
JW said:
Yep, he's just some tool looking to make some conversions. It won't work here Ozdork.
Now go over there and post a thread titled "AFL vs NFL Debate". They'll welcome you with open ars... I mean arms.

Go on, get.

AFL players are pencil-necks that would get hurt in a bad way by American football players. That is just a dumb sport I don't care to bother with, in more ways than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.