What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Ron Burgundy said:
Should be a good year with the improved D

I expect a legit shot at the NFC championship game. I've had misgivings about Tice as a head coach the past 1 1/2 seasons, though.

Choppies

Coach
ozhawk66 said:
Nice you are able to amuse yourself in your own world. It just goes to show you are joining a list of people in here who can't debate reality. Yawn.
I see you underestimate Fatty.
You should have faith in Fatty, he will be an NFL hall of famer.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Choppies said:
I see you underestimate Fatty.
You should have faith in Fatty, he will be an NFL hall of famer.

Jerk yourself off. You'll get somewhere. You just have a hard time dealing with the real thang. 6-6 and 290 lbs with 9% body fat. And can catch the likes of a Bott or Wesser from behind.

And that ain't ketchup, boy. Dat be blood. Smile while you take it.

img5.jpg

Goodnight ladies. I'll come back when there is some reality to deal with.

Choppies

Coach
ozhawk66 said:
Jerk yourself off. You'll get somewhere. You just have a hard time dealing with the real thang:lol:. 6-6 and 290 lbs with 9% body fat. And can catch the likes of a Bott or Wesser from behind.
Fatty McFats could do that easy he does the 100 in 10.7 seconds

And that ain't ketchup, boy. Dat be blood. Smile while you take it.
if it was sauce then fatty would eat him alive.

img5.jpg

Goodnight ladies. I'll come back when there is some reality to deal with.[/QUOTE]

Choppies

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
What a androtop!!! :lol:

What a princess pose!! :lol:

exactly.
You would never see Fatty doing a twinkie pose.
He just gets down to business, after Lunch of course ;-)

Choppies

Coach
BIG NEWS ON FATTY MCFATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just heard Fatty and Mc Donalds have come to an agreement on a new burger.
It will be called the McFats burger (pictured)
This is great news for Fatty as a term in the contract is that Fatty gets to eat however many McFats burgers he wants.
Im so happy for him.

BigBurger.jpg

SHD

Juniors
ozhawk66 said:
The league strengthened rules to protect offensive skill players more than five years ago, emphasizing not using helmets as weapons.

Woodson was cited for his helmet-to-helmet hit last weekend on Seattle Seahawks receiver Darrell Jackson. Jackson later had a seizure and spent the night in the hospital.

Exactly, bunch of twigs. One pansy belts another pansy with his helmet who subsequently has to go to hospital. For one thing NRL athletes don't need to utilise rock hard helmets to hurt someone unlike aforementioned girls, and for another the above is just a testament to what a soft c**k that Jackson guy is, put most NRL players in the same position and they get up and giggle :lol:

yankeeboy

Juniors
SHD, you are an idiot? Have you ever played American football? If so, then obviously the hits have jarred your memory a bit. If not, try it.

The helmets and padding really don't make too big of a difference. Hitting with pads hurts just as much, and probably more, than without, because you are trained on how to use your pads as weapons. You practice hitting your opponent in his unprotected places with your shoulder pads and helmet.

And two helmets colliding with each other at high speed is much more likely to cause a concussion/seizure than hitting without helmets.

Padding doesn't make the players pansies. On the contrary, without padding, there would probably be far fewer serious injuries.

BTW, my sig is just for today...July 4. It's really for the irony, as I am a Howard Dean Democrat, and really hate all of the redneck Republicans around here talking about how great a leader George Bush is...how much mescalin have they been using?

ozhawk66 said:
A lie? This is where your comprehension of the NFL is beyond ignorant. It's an issue of safety that you can't fathom. This example below was later overturned and the NFL's age limit rule was eventually backed up by the Supreme Court. It's been edited for your limited attention span, mongoloid.

Yeah, it's a lie you syphilitic cyber-spastic.

18 year olds aren't allowed to play in the NFL. Whether it's a safety issue or they're scared that the towel-flicking in the locker room afterwards will upset 18 year olds is irrelevant.

You keep barking that 18 year olds couldn't physically handle the NFL, that is an opinion, not a fact. No 18 year old has played in the NFL, come back with your facts after that happens.

Snoop

Coach
Can we quit comparing to incomparable sports and just go back to bagging out Ozdork's english skills?

ozhawk66 said:
You made the 2 AM claim and didn't back it up.

Post #1156 2.02am
Post #1157. 2.07am

You mean those?

ozhawk66 said:
And what basics are they?

Passing for a start numbnuts.

Kicking, when was the last time an NFL player chipped over the linemen?

And plenty of others.

The games and players can’t be compared. Simple.

ozhawk66 said:
Running/tackling drills played out in a similar way as the game of rugby.

Absolutely, not. Some of the training is similar, but the games are not.

American Football and Rugby League ceased to be similar decades ago.

ozhawk66 said:
And your point is?

Well, mine isn’t on the top of my head. You need to wear a helmet more often.

ozhawk66 said:
Not when it comes to bringing an opponent down, while carrying the ball on a football field.

No, they’re totally different. I know it, Helen Keller knows it, everyone else knows it, but you don’t.

Take a guess why?

ozhawk66 said:
American football players have been playing the basics of rugby/league their whole lives. Nice try.

No they haven’t.

No NFL player could play in the NRL without years of training.

ozhawk66 said:
In your world it is, Corky.

Yes, it is. Here in my world called planet Earth.

And I know why you’re regurgitating the insults, you ran out at about page 4…

ozhawk66 said:
nice spelling technique

Of course it is. I read and write English, you don’t.

snoopster77 said:
Can we quit comparing to incomparable sports and just go back to bagging out Ozdork's english skills?

Sure. lol

Notice how on the odd occasion he puts in something like "nice spelling technique" yet won't actually say which part of the post he thinks has the spelling error?

It's because he's sh*t scared to say what he thinks is wrong because it probably isn't.

An admission of his flaws.....

Come on ozdork, we know them, we see them in most of your posts, admit that you're a sub-standard human being and we'll all get along....

ozhawk66 said:
You're learning.

Idiot. No one said it, that's the point.

Whether it could happen is irrelevant because no one would try.

Just as no NFL player would try Rugby League.

Wait, that's not right, a few have tried and they were all dismal failures.....

monaroCountry

Juniors
Clarett's defense claims size is not an issue: he is 6 feet, 230 pounds.

/////The rule protects the league from potential wrongful death suits/////

At 18 years of age most players have already developed (physically). Because of the legal system in america where everybody wants to sue each other i.e. coffee too hot :). Its wiser for the NFL to block younger players.

I guess your article back fired on you.

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Like I said, no NFL lineman could play ruck in AFL.

ozhawk66 said:
:lol: doesn't know what pulls and traps are :lol: doesn't comprehend blocking smaller, faster players :lol: doesn't understand the crack of helmets/skulls on the hike

lol

f**kwit.

I watch and enjoy the NFL, I don't pretend that I know everything about it.

But I've forgotten more about Rugby League than you'll ever know and I don't consider myself an expert on Rugby League.

You do though.....

EA said:
No NRL player has to push a 300 pound man wearing padding and a helmet backwards.

ozhawk66 said:
And they would be dog tired if called upon to do so in a matter of several plays - that's if they were big, fast and strong enough to do so. Get it?

Stupid comment.

If they had to push a 300 pound lineman around, they'd go on the diet Choppies is talking about, become a 300 pound+ monster and then push the linemen around.

Are you a crackhead?

EA said:
No NFL lineman has to jump up like a fairy to mark a ball or punch it toward goal either.

ozhawk66 said:
Ignat doesn't get defensive lineman jumpimg 8 feet in the air to try and block a pass?

Moron.

How many times has a defensive lineman been called on to catch a kick in traffic, 50 metres from where the kick was taken from?

Start at 0 and work your way nowhere....

EA said:
Both statements are true, but irrelevant because the games are different and what one needs to be in the NFL isn't the same as what one needs to be in the NRL.

ozhawk66 said:
But those in the NFL have the training and skills that translate to the league game.

Only in your bizarro world....

geniused. This thread has been since the beginning, yet you're still trying to justify it.

There are no positions that are similar.

I love da batty said:
Ignut. Forwards/linemen. Wingers/WR/RB's #7 jersey/QB's etc...

hahahahahaahaha

Go on, compare a QB to a #7.

the best QB of all time would be dead before 1/2 time if he played in the #7 for an NRL side. The Lock would cut him in half every time he lifted the ball over his head to pass....

LOL

You idiot.

No NFL lineman has to catch, pass or offload the ball. No NFL lineman has to play offence and defence for 60 minutes in 90 minutes. That's why NRL props aren't 300 pound logs.

I take it up da batty and love it said:
And league players don't have the endurance to block on every play or take part in every play; to beat your opponent on every play....for 3-4 hours running.

Endurance.... lol

No NFL player plays every play in an NFL game.

They play 30 minutes in 210, if they're good.

LOL

Snoop

Coach
I'm still intrigued as to the nature of 'phopah'. I think I've narrowed down the possibilities. It is possibly:

1. a double entendre
2. pop culture slang
3. post-modernist attack on the confines of language itself
4. rebellion against French colonisation in Africa and Indo-China
5. protest against France's refusal to join the war in Iraq
6. a teddy bear maker
7. a lesson as to why phonetics and spelling are two different beasts
8. a spelling mistake

I'm not sure which one it is but I'm gunning for 3 with 8 firming as the dark horse.

monaroCountry

Juniors
defensive lineman
A linesman stopping another slow moving hulk at a distance of a few feet wouldnt be as challenging or as damaging as a slightly smaller guy running at you at full pace (without padding).

monaroCountry

Juniors
Some more action photos. Paddings and helmets certainly soften the impacts. Tackles like these, would most likely result in NFL players cowering like pansies.

15405806.jpg

15405784.jpg

15590459.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.