What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs NFL debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Post #1156 2.02am
Post #1157. 2.07am

You mean those?

Nice try. Now if you could have shown me where I said goodnight (ladies) and then came back with those posts, you would have something to stand on. As per usual, you do not.

Passing for a start numbnuts.

Kicking, when was the last time an NFL player chipped over the linemen?

It's not part of the game, stupid. When was the last time Andrew Johns threw a legal, forward pass?

The games and players can’t be compared. Simple.

Comparable aspects/positions can be compared. You're just scared to do so and lean on the games can't be compared, yet you just tried the game of comparing non-comparable aspects of the game. It's a stupid debate trick that doesn't work. Try again.

American Football and Rugby League ceased to be similar decades ago.

Try centuries.

No, they’re totally different. I know it, Helen Keller knows it, everyone else knows it, but you don’t.

Take a guess why?

Tackles in football generally happen much faster than league tackles. Much faster, even Helen can hear the diff.

No they haven’t.

No NFL player could play in the NRL without years of training.

Idiot, they do have/run similar running/tackling drills and are basics from the very beginning used up to the NFL ranks. You just don't realize this.

Yes, it is. Here in my world called planet Earth.

And I know why you’re regurgitating the insults, you ran out at about page 4…

Your version of Terra Firma ain't ground based, that's fer sure.

Of course it is. I read and write English, you don’t.

Not. That's why you missed the spelling I pointed out. Now if you could find the word that you misspelled, you gots another cookie.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Sure. lol

Notice how on the odd occasion he puts in something like "nice spelling technique" yet won't actually say which part of the post he thinks has the spelling error?

Idiot :lol: It was the word itself and you didn't even get it! :lol: No wonder the phopah joke went over your head.

It's because he's sh*t scared to say what he thinks is wrong because it probably isn't.

:lol:

An admission of his flaws.....

Come on ozdork, we know them, we see them in most of your posts, admit that you're a sub-standard human being and we'll all get along....

You be a major fO-"pä.

ozhawk66

Juniors
Idiot. No one said it, that's the point.

Whether it could happen is irrelevant because no one would try.

And you can prove this how?

Just as no NFL player would try Rugby League.

Not enough money.

Wait, that's not right, a few have tried and they were all dismal failures.....

And you can cite these dismal failures by name? I din't think so.

ozhawk66

Juniors
monaroCountry said:
At 18 years of age most players have already developed (physically). Because of the legal system in america where everybody wants to sue each other i.e. coffee too hot :). Its wiser for the NFL to block younger players.

I guess your article back fired on you.

Tell me how the 18 year old body is as physically mature as a young man's body in his early 20's when training for full contact sports?

For your stupid rationalization to work, WHY does the same US court system let kids that young play in the NHL? The NBA? Idjet..

ozhawk66

Juniors
lol

f**kwit.

I watch and enjoy the NFL, I don't pretend that I know everything about it.

That's why you don't comprehend 18 year old kids NOT playing in the NFL.

But I've forgotten more about Rugby League than you'll ever know and I don't consider myself an expert on Rugby League.

You do though.....

Umm, lets just say I know enough to bet on the game. And not for fun.

Stupid comment.

Not.

If they had to push a 300 pound lineman around, they'd go on the diet Choppies is talking about, become a 300 pound+ monster and then push the linemen around.

Are you a crackhead?

You must be cause many 300 lb lineman ain't fat.

Moron.

How many times has a defensive lineman been called on to catch a kick in traffic, 50 metres from where the kick was taken from?

Start at 0 and work your way nowhere....

Another lame try. How many forwards have good blocking skills? How many forwards can run sub 5 second 40's? How many forwards have to run backwards to defend against a forward pass?

Only in your bizarro world....

In the real world, idiot. Like I said before, they run many versions of running/tackling drills that is the basic game of rugby/league.

ozhawk66

Juniors
hahahahahaahaha

Go on, compare a QB to a #7.

The basic concept of play-making and direction of play. Idiot.

the best QB of all time would be dead before 1/2 time if he played in the #7 for an NRL side. The Lock would cut him in half every time he lifted the ball over his head to pass....

Only in your world. Cept any NFL QB is used to running practices that are 2-3 times longer than a league match.

LOL

You idiot.

Endurance.... lol

No NFL player plays every play in an NFL game.

They play 30 minutes in 210, if they're good.

LOL

You wanna go there again? :lol:

ozhawk66

Juniors
snoopster77 said:
I'm still intrigued as to the nature of 'phopah'. I think I've narrowed down the possibilities. It is possibly:

1. a double entendre
2. pop culture slang
3. post-modernist attack on the confines of language itself
4. rebellion against French colonisation in Africa and Indo-China
5. protest against France's refusal to join the war in Iraq
6. a teddy bear maker
7. a lesson as to why phonetics and spelling are two different beasts
8. a spelling mistake

I'm not sure which one it is but I'm gunning for 3 with 8 firming as the dark horse.

fO-"pä

ozhawk66

Juniors
monaroCountry said:
A linesman stopping another slow moving hulk at a distance of a few feet wouldnt be as challenging or as damaging as a slightly smaller guy running at you at full pace (without padding).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ozhawk66

Juniors
monaroCountry said:
Try paralysis and multiple fractures, disfigured face i.e. Mr. TiwariNikaw (spelling?) who suffered multiple facial fractures, similar to those suffered by head on car crashes etc.

You really don't wanna compare catastrophic type of injuries between the two sports. Cept for paralysis and multiple face fractures, those examples are weekly occurrences.

"Typically, you see this type of injury in high-velocity car wrecks, motorcycle accidents and snowmobile accidents," says Dr. Greg Schmeling, associate professor of orthopedic surgery at the Medical College of Wisconsin. "I've been in practice since 1990, and I've never seen an athlete with this injury."

Some wondered if Clifton would run the same again after a devastating block by Buccaneers defensive tackle Warren Sapp drove him into the turf at Tampa's Raymond James Stadium last November 24. The force of the collision was so fierce that when Clifton landed he ruptured the muscles and ligaments that surround the front of the pelvic ring and affect almost all of the vital core muscles in an athlete's body.

http://www.nospam47.com/nfl/articles/20030529/475789.html

ozhawk66

Juniors
monaroCountry said:
Now lets do some comparisons
NFL players
Case1
Mr. Turbo-eater, will eat little girls :)

Case 2
The Mac twins, very appetizing combination. Will not last ten minutes in a league game.

Case 3
There goes your bigger, faster, better theory. Featuring Mr. and Mrs. skeleton. These guys will snap like a twig in the tougher game of rugby league.

And yet those examples are faster than NRL forwards! :shock:

ozhawk66

Juniors
madunit said:
Dear Wristy mcsookalot,

you can shut the f**k up and leave now, no one cares for your opinion.

Love,
Every other member of LU

And yet the mod felt a ned to respond.

ozhawk66

Juniors
One of the reasons why boys aren't allowed into the NFL....

mcnair_crunch.jpg

2003-10-26-steve-young.jpg

ozhawk66

Juniors
Choppies said:
Forrest I was gonna tell you more about Fatty McFats.

He was considered for the NBA draft this year.
I mean hes just a f**kin supreme athlete Milwaukee and Atlanta were really considering him. Fatty plays Point Guard and bloody hell he does it well.

Fatty had to reject the NBA because playing in the NFL was his dream.
He says he wanted to look skinny next to his team mates.

Good luck to Fatty I say.
My heart goes with him.

You're like the little boys allowed to play in the NRL. Grow up.

ozhawk66

Juniors
A little education for the likes of EA on his comprehension prob of the concept of boys playing with men. These were some reactions when Clarett's lawyer found the right lower court to try and get his way.

Fact EA, NOT opinion....

"Only if they are into career suicide," said Terry Edison, the defensive coordinator for the football team at De La Salle High School, a 1,000-student private school in Concord, Calif. It was the nation's top-ranked high school team this past season, according to USA Today rankings.

"Football is way too physical a game," Mr. Edison added. "I can't imagine a pro team drafting someone out of high school. I've had great players come out of this program, and they struggle their first year in college."

John Poovey, the head football coach at the 1,400-student Loveland High School in Colorado, whose team won a state championship this past season with the help of the nation's high school football Player of the Year, Jeff Byers, agreed that the physical demands of the NFL would be too hard for even the best high school players.

"Jeff is 6 feet 5 and weighs 270 pounds," Mr. Poovey said. "He's a very strong young man. Still, the strength of a man and the strength of a boy are different. The NFL's rule to wait three years after high school was in the athlete's best interest."

http://www.usafootball.com/features/edWeek.html

Choppies

Coach
BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Future NFL hall of famer Fatty McFats has been called upon by the US Olympic team to compete in 2008.
Fatty will compete in all sports from the 100 metre sprint to equestrian to bring many a gold to the USA.

The call from the US Olympic team came when Fatty and his family were sitting around in their trailer eating fried chicken.
"ah man my Momma was so excited when she heard the news she choked on a chicken wing"

A Spokesman for the US Olympic team said "We know its years but we think Fatty is the perfect all around athlete for the team I mean he will be playing in the NFL if he dont have a heart attack before the draft."

As we Americans know nothing can compare to the NFL as we have never seen anything else.
Just a reminder that the "we're insular and we love it that way" T-shirt will soon be avaliable from www.fatyankt-shirts.com

yankeeboy

Juniors
If you were talking about an actual American footballer, then you'd have a point.

To see what kind of training regimens NFL players go through, I'd get issues of the American Sports Illustrated, and especially look at the "SI Players" section.

To put it simply, NFL linemen and NRL forwards are all better suited to their jobs.

A NFL lineman needs endurance, as he basically has does a hit-up without the ball every 45 seconds when he is on the field. He might do that for 40 minutes.

Linemen are involved on every play on their side of the ball. If a lineman "takes it easy" on a play, then chances are the QB will get sacked, and the team will lose yardage.

NRL forwards are not as big, but then they need more cardiovascular endurance then brute strength. They aren't involved in every play, but I'll admit that they are doing a lot more per play they are involved in.

Having played both RU and American Football, and watched a lot of league, I'd say that over the course of an entire game, an American football lineman does about the same ammount of work as a prop or 2nd rower in either rugby code.

gregstar

Referee
Choppies said:
BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Future NFL hall of famer Fatty McFats has been called upon by the US Olympic team to compete in 2008.
Fatty will compete in all sports from the 100 metre sprint to equestrian to bring many a gold to the USA.

The call from the US Olympic team came when Fatty and his family were sitting around in their trailer eating fried chicken.
"ah man my Momma was so excited when she heard the news she choked on a chicken wing"

A Spokesman for the US Olympic team said "We know its years but we think Fatty is the perfect all around athlete for the team I mean he will be playing in the NFL if he dont have a heart attack before the draft."

As we Americans know nothing can compare to the NFL as we have never seen anything else.
Just a reminder that the "we're insular and we love it that way" T-shirt will soon be avaliable from www.fatyankt-shirts.com
hehehehehe!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
ozhawk66 said:
And yet the mod felt a ned to respond.
I respond to whatever I want, my mod status has nothing to do with it.

But for now I'll sit back and watch Choppies hand your arse to you over and again.

hahahaha owned!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Choppies said:
BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

*applause* best post yet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.