What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL will approve two new teams in the competition

Moffo

Referee
I base this on no fact

Just the vibe of things and the way that the CC is postioning themselves at the moment. The NRL clearly wants a club in Perth, and with 17 teams there would be scope for the 18th to be added in a couple of years

It keeps the bye in place which gives clubs a rest and I feel as though the NRL are still testing the waters on the CC

Just a vibe

Might be wrong, might be right

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Moffo

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
So you mean 3 new teams
15 + 17 + 1 = 18 - 15 = 3
not two new teams
but oi if theres 3 new teams wouldnt it be good to move it into another state eh, really make it a national competition not just an eastern states competition (eastern is for states on the eastern side of aus (nsw, qld, vic , tas)

Why do the NRL all of a sudden want a Perth side?

I know it wasnt the extremely dissapointing crowd they got last weekend.

Also....how are the Central Coast positioning themselves? All they've done is whinge!

Dont know about Perth, Central Coast would have to be in before a Perth team is even thought of, JUst my thought on the matter

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As opposed to the Gold Coast, who all they've done is put down the CC fans.

Hurriflatch

Referee
It sounds good and in theory it works but realistically NO

I'm not saying that in 5-10 years we won't see GC, CC and Perth all in the comp but as far as the 2007-8 expansion is concerned there will only be one team.

As for why they want a RL team in Perth or at least there is talk of it.

1) The RU team getting into Perth
2) THe game and trial played there this year has brought the WARL into the light in the media.
3) There are now a number of WA juniors running around the NRL Daniel Holdsworth and Matt Petersen aswell as others in lower grades.

Sorry to say it ain't gonna happen even if the NRL was in favour of introducing 2 new teams the clubs would have a whinge, and on the Perth thing, the NRL are playing it smart and waiting to see how the Rugby Union goes there (hence the within 5 years comment) and if a sporting franchise other than AFL can be truly succesful in WA.

Moffo

Referee
i thought id try something new with my sig lol

i need to change it around a bit

MayMoo

Juniors
It shouldn't be a given that if there is just one extra team admitted, It will be the Gold Coast.

The Central Coast doesn't need the NRL to admit 2 extra teams to have a chance. They should be admitted hands down.

DIEHARD

----
dodge said:
As opposed to the Gold Coast, who all they've done is put down the CC fans.

You wankers started it.

Unable to make a constructive post about the Central Coast. You can only deathride the Gold Coast and take infantile pot shots. With an official of the Norfs football club being the key ring leader. (WTF!?)

Posting endless threads trying to throw mud on the Gold Coast because you know stacked up beside each other, the Gold Coast dwarfs the Central Coast.

You know the Central Coast can't win a clean fight against the Gold Coast for admission to the NRL.

As if we aren't going to tell you clowns where you can firmly shove it.

Alan Shore

First Grade
2 teams coming in in the same year isn't good for stability and the player market. It needs to be a gradual phase in. GC in 2007, and CC in 2009/10.

Red Bear

Referee
DIEHARD said:
You wankers started it.

Unable to make a constructive post about the Central Coast. You can only deathride the Gold Coast and take infantile pot shots. With an official of the Norfs football club being the key ring leader. (WTF!?)

Posting endless threads trying to throw mud on the Gold Coast because you know stacked up beside each other, the Gold Coast dwarfs the Central Coast.

You know the Central Coast can't win a clean fight against the Gold Coast for admission to the NRL.

You were the guys who started the "You dont care about rugby league" ****.

Actually we have a very good bid
Proven juniors(look at some of the players from the CC in the NRL at the moment)
Large fanbase
Excellent stadium
Guarenteed for 10-20 years(cant remember exact figure)
and more, which was as it stood when the debating started last year which is when you came up with the not caring bout league ********.

There is a large number of factors which see me want the CC in over the gold coast, one of them being selfish of course in wanting my team back, but also in that the area is crying out for a team.

Plus of course you came up with all the reasons we shouldnt be admitted - we've already had our shot and we failed, our crowds sucked. CC got half a team which they supported well until the Bears were gorne from it at which point they started to turn away. If you use the argument about crowds/had a chance the Gold Coast has had 3 teams which all were getting **** crowds over their 11 years and 1 finals appearence.

I would love to see both teams admitted, but if it came to the crunch of course i would pick CC Bears over Gold Coast, simply because i would love to see my team back. I accept this is unlikely to happen and whats done is done from the past etc but that doesnt mean i like it. And it gives me the ****en ****s when people who got to keep their team are kicking the boot in while we are down.

Both area's need a team and if the NRL had any sense they'd admit both, certainly worked when Canterbury were introduced, Parra and Manly, Cronulla and Penrith and would've if it werent for SUper Greed in 1995 (except possibly Perth, as both sides ****ed them over).

Oh and i dont really care what doctor death says as, while he is obviously a Norths fan(or whatever) he writes some crap.

By the way, its Norths, not Norfs, We aren't from ****en Penrith you know8)

Southernsaint

Staff member
DIEHARD said:
You wankers started it.

LMFAO - do you live in some kind of Bizzaro World, Diehard??

Latest posts