What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrlceo lu2 2012

No change to team named earlier this week. Martin Kennedy just misses out on spot despite starting this week and Graham retains despite coming off the bench.

1. Kyle Stanley
2. Ken Sio
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Greg Inglis
5. Bill Tupou
6. Todd Carney [Gk]
7. Peter Wallace
8. Mitch Allgood
9. Dene Halatau
10. James Graham
11. Nathan Smith
12. David Stagg
13. Shaun Fensom [c]

14. Wade Graham
15. Aiden Guerra
16. Jack Wighton
17. Jordan Rankin

Smiley

Bench
Mustangs side to take on the Brawlers.

1. Josh Dugan
2. David Williams
3. Chris Lawrence
4. Jamie Lyon (C)(K)
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Keiran Foran
7. Luke Walsh
8. James Tamou
9. Michael Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Chris Houston
13. Michael "Barry" Crocker

14. Tim Mannah
15. Eddy Pettybourne
16. Gerard Beale
17. Ray Thompson

Simon Mannering has been named 18th man and will travel with the side to Brighton Rugby League Park.

joshie

Live Update Team
Big Performance needed at Carnivore Arena

Coach of the Kamikaze Pirates, Joshie, has told his players that they need to lift this week to bring down tough opponent, the 'Hoods. The Pirates currently boast a 1 from 2 record, with a poor finish to blame for thier only loss thus far, but it seems Joshie's threats of major cuts are working. James Maloney was axed for a nothing performance in round one, as Ben Roberts and Chris Sandow both came into the side, and seemed to be the difference. Maloney was picked up by another club but Joshie has told a press conference he is happy for him.

"I am not displeased, I am very happy with how he travelled. He was just not connecting here and I thought I would give him the oppertunity for bigger and better things else where. I have complete faith in Chris (Sandow) and I think he can carry this team."

The game between the Pirates and the Hoods officially sold out yesterday on the eve of kick off, and it is likely that the vocal home crowd can get their team over the line. Along with their first win, the Pirates have named Billy Slater as captain this week, after Nathan Hindmarsh pulled out late in round two with a severe virus. It is understood that Sandow is now vice captain, as Hindmarsh has been put on notice to perform or he could be offered as a trading commodity.

"Hindmarsh is great bloke but Joshie has said a string of bad performances could see him shipped off to a brand new team. Joshie has expected a lot more than he has delivered but round 5 will be the Pirates trade off census date, barring injury." Said a worker for the club.

So will the high flying undefeated Hoods be able to board the Kamikaze Pirate ship? Only time will tell.

ForestDragon

Juniors
Should be a good game against the Pirates.Coach Tugginmypuddha says
His halves need to keep up their good start and time for Blake ferguson to
chip in with some points as Hoods have options to bring another into the team

Special K

Coach
Goblins for round 3 looking to extend their win streak

1. Minichello 2. Yow Yeh 3. Idris 4. Berrigan 5. Farrell 6. Soward 7. Pearce 8. Teo 9. Friend 10. Scott 11. Watmough 12. Prior 13. Gallen (c) 14. DeGois 15. J.Edwards 16. J.Thompson 17. Burns

Idris and Ellis under a injury cloud and injuries to Hayne, Ropati, Esi Tonga, Tuqiri have me stretched!

joshie

Live Update Team
Hindmarsh officially put on trading table

Pirates coach has officially announced Nathan Hindmarsh will be placed on the trading block at the conclusion of the current weekend. Hindmarsh who led the Pirates in round one has been told he is going to become a trade tool.

"With our forwards doing their job, we feel Nathan can be used to help secure contracts of high flying stars from other teams. By no means is he playing badly, as he scored 8 points in his opening match, we just feel the pirates need to acquire an outside back."

The Pirates have now set their sights on Matt Duffie and Sam Burgess.

(Trade offers open to Hindmarsh)

Flying off the Radar

Souths United are beginning to fly out of range after sinking to a demoralising loss against Benji Magic this week.

Only managing 17 points so far this week, United's woes will continue with a Bicep injury to star backrower Shaun Fensom occured in the Raiders V Roosters encounter.

United buoyed by a strong pack on paper have been without high rating forwards Matt Srama & Martin Kennedy the early draft picks due to match fitness issues and now Fensom is to have scans on his shoulder.

Warriors Boom rookie Konrad Hurrell also picked up an Injury against the Bulldogs.

"We'll assess each player and the team as a whole and we'll work towards next week". quoted Coach Thehattrickrabbit.

It's understood Todd Carney will be dropped as Goalkicker due to the Sharks lack of ability to score tries with high flying Brisbane halfback Peter Wallace set to take over while Nrl team-mate Corey Parker is battling injury.

joshie

Live Update Team
Pirates demolish the Hoods

The Pirates have easily cruised to a third round victory over the Hoods this week. Joshie was extremely impressed with how his side came out of the blocks and new captain Billy Slater led the way brilliantly. Currently no injuries or suspension worries have been reported.

"I am astounded by the way we played this week. Billy absolutely killed it, another two tries, setting up tries, long range runs, he did it all. But I am not taking anything away from players such as Adam Cuthbertson, Nathan Friend, Nathan Fien, Anthony Quinn and Sam McKendry! All of these boys were signed by me early on in the drafting because I knew they could deliver just as good as some of the big boys in the comp. We have a great balance." Coach Joshie told the media.

On top of the great victory, the Pirates have now begun looking at their options to offload Nathan Hindmarsh.

"We have looked at Butters Brawlers roster, and we are going to make a formal play for Matt Duffie this week. We will be offering Nathan Hindmarsh and Shaun Corrigan for Matt Duffie and a second rower. We don't expect any players currently scoring, more so a player to sweeten the deal. Where else can you pick up Hindmarsh AND Corrigan in a deal that would slightly disadvantage the forward pack of the Pirates?" Said trade operations manager Brian Claymore.

In other news, 'Hoods coach has expressed his desire to beat the Pirates later on.

"Well done Pirates ,you took care of my Hoods this week easily.Hope to get my revenge later in the comp" he said.

joshie

Live Update Team
Chris McQueen signed to Pirates

The Pirates have made an interesting decision today to sign Chris McQueen to a contract from the free agency list. It comes just hours after the Pirates launched a bid for Matt Duffie; that deal being revoked.

"We saw McQueen hadn't found a home, so we picked him up. He has scored 8 tries in his last 8 matches and we feel he could continue the trend for us. We wanted Duffie, but at this stage we have moved in a different direction. Not to mention we were no certainty to secure his contract - it was best to get a player for the future." Said Joshie.

The Pirates confirmed they are still on the look out for a replacement for Nathan Hindmarsh.

Butters

Bench
Like the cream rising to the top The Brawlers have leapt to the top of the competition ladder with a brutal showing against The Stangs. Many experts thought it unwise for The Stangs to even play against The Brawlers on their home turf which is quickly becoming a graveyard for teams foolish enough to venture there.

Also in other news The Brawlers will not be trading Matt Duffie for that over the hill hack that is Nathan Hindmarsh.

Special K

Coach
Some massive scores this week... I've got to say that is the first time I've scored 77 points and lost!

Souths United name Round 4 line-up

Souths United Head Coach Thehattrickrabbit are pleased to announce their Round 4 team to face #Darcy Army at the SFS.

United will be without Captain Shaun Fensom for 4-6 weeks due to a bicep injury however will welcome the debutes of Prop Martin Kennedy and Hooker Matt Srama who have both been short fitness in the opening rounds however both will take their spots in the starting forward pack.

Kyle Stanley retains his spot at Fullback despite the mid-week signing of Cheyse Blair with another new recruit Daniel Vidot named on the Wing ahead of Parramatta's Ken Sio who will take his place on the Bench

Dave Taylor makes his return to the team, named on the bench after his two try performance for South Sydney on the weekend.

Peter Wallace has been named Goal-Kicker as speculated during the week over Todd Carney and Greg Inglis has been a suprise choice of Captaincy just getting the nod over the reliable James Graham.

Souths United have picked Greg Inglis as captain over highly fancied James Graham and David Stagg as the replacement for Fensom and it cries a move of desperate measure.

"Obviously we are 0 and 3 and whilst James Graham is consistent in getting workhorse tries we need a genuine game-breaker that has the potential to go on and score greatly".

The Team is

1. Kyle Stanley
2. Daniel Vidot
3. Kane Linnett
4. Greg Inglis [c]
5. Bill Tupou
6. Todd Carney
7. Peter Wallace [Gk]
8. James Graham
9. Matt Srama
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Nathan Smith
12. Dene Halatau
13. David Stagg

14. Mitch Allgood
15. Dave Taylor
16. Ken Sio
17. Jordan Rankin

joshie

Live Update Team
Pirates name team

Krisnan Inu was the latest casualty at the Pirates after his failure to be selected in the first phase of selections. Coach Joshie has made a host of changes to his top of the table clash with Butters Brawlers.

"I have been disappointed by some blokes, amazed by others, and that has prompted me to change the team up. We have new boys come in, old boys leaving the club - we HAVE to be on our game to beat the Brawlers." he said.

After a promising debut, and with the help of some injuries inside the Pirates core, Andrew Everingham will make a shock bench call up for the Pirates on the weekend, after the sacking of Inu. Chris McQueen will play on the wing and Nathan Hindmarsh is on his last legs, now on the bench.

"This team is our preliminary team at this stage, we will see how things progress through the week."

Kamikaze Pirates

1. Billy Slater - Captain
2. Chris McQueen
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Ben Roberts
7. Chris Sandow - kicker
8. Sam McKendry
9. Nathan Friend
10. Jessie Bromwich
11. Jamie Burherer
12. Adam Blair
13. Adam Cuthbertson

14. Nathan Hindmarsh
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Nathan Fien
17. Andrew Everingham

18. Lewis Brown

Last edited:

ForestDragon

Juniors
Coach Tugginmypuddah has challenged his players to find their opening round form and bounce back.
Tim Grant and Mitch Rein come into the side along with cooperman for the clash with Golden Pash Troopers

1..Lachlan coote
2..Manu vatuvei
3..Dane Nielsen
4..Matt Cooper
5..Justin O,Neill
6..Benji marshall (k) capt
7..Dale cherry evans
8..Luke Bailey
9..Mitch Rein
10,Tim Grant
11.Josh Papalli
12..Jared Warea Hargreaves
13..Elijah taylor

14.,Liam Fulton
15..Trent Merrin
16..James mcmanus
17..Timana Tahu

Butters

Bench
The run away competition leaders have announced a largely unchanged squad. The most notable change is that The Brawlers have continued with their rotating captain policy with Cooper Cronk leading the side this week. The team is expecting a hardfought contest with the Kamikaze Pirates but ultimately expect to maintain their unbeaten record.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Etu Uaisele
3. Matt King
4. Justin Carney
5. Matt Duffie
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Cooper Cronk (C)
8. Sam Burgess
9. Cameron Smith (K)
10. Brett White
11. Jeremy Smith
12. Kevin Proctor