What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrlceo lu2 2012

joshie

Live Update Team
I am hoping Billy can score me another 34 points...other than that....YOUR CHEATING!

Nathan Smith injured for me so I am down to 16 men and I made one change to my team after I heard Rankin was out and the captaincy reset on me and Greg actually scored okay so I am hoping Graham has a good game to erase that error of mine.

I've dropped Peats and Smith for Maitua and Arona so hopefully they'll do well for me.

I've got one termination left haha. But will be looking for trades if i get in a spot of bother.

Kayne Lawton has been omitted which means Srama will probably play 80 = WIN!.

Last edited:

joshie

Live Update Team
I am open to trading. if you have a goal kicking player of any sort, and ill give you Ben Roberts?

joshie

Live Update Team
Sandow, Roberts OUT, Carney IN

Consistent low scores has prompted Pirates Coach Joshie to trade off Ben Roberts in place for, now former Souths United player, Todd Carney tonight. Carney will come to the club mid weekend and will take the field next week for the Pirates, but Sandow has been sacked to accommodate for Carney.

"We are happy bringing Todd in because Chris has been scoring very very low lately. Last weekend he scored 2, this week 6, and we think Todd may have a bit more edge to his game. If we could have kept Chris, he would still be on our roster, but unfortuantly, he cannot be." Said Joshie.

This move has been seen by many as a last ditch effort to even out the Pirates side, who has been patchy for form. Currently they lead the laddder leaders, Butters Brawlers, 38-30 with two more days of play to come.

Last edited:
Trade Deal evens out United's creases

Souths United have traded out playmaker Todd Carney in a bid to Balance out playing depth within the squad.

The winless United have swapped Carney for Fullback/Halfback Kurt Gidley who is due back next week from Injury.

The Addition of Gidley will fill the largely vacated Fullback Role where that was temporarily engaged by Dragons utility Kyle Stanley with Cheyse Blair also was a recent addition to the Custodian depth.

Souths United also welcome back Ben Roberts who was with the club during the pre-season only to be terminated by the Club but will re-join all his former now current team mates at the club where he is in a Two horse race for Five-Eighth with the Sharks's Wade Graham who can also play in the backrow. Jack Wighton is also an option to play at 6.

Ben and Wade are capable players obviously may not be seen in the class of Todd but they will get the job done for us and also Jack Wighton who can also play there if needed.

If Gidley is ruled out from making a return, Broncos second string kicker Peter Wallace has hold of the Goal kicking reigns while regular kicker Corey Parker is out with injury.

Butters

Bench
It's going to be a close finish in the clash between The Brawlers and The Pirates with both teams captains (Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater) absolutely dominating in todays game.

joshie

Live Update Team
Pirates crash to a loss

The pirates will concede defeat against the Butters Brawlers this week after the two best sides went head to head. Joshie is set to unveil a brand new team for round 5.

United close to their first win

Souths United hold a 12 point lead at their finish with one match to go with #Darcy Army having two players left to play.

Terry Campese with no captaincy or goal-kicking reigns beside his name as well as Chris Heighington are left to play. The lead is not unassailable according to Coach Thehattrickrabbit

"Yeah, You can never rule out Campese and Chris Heighington particularly with Heighington he is a real consistent scorer but the Tigers as a whole aren't in great form at present so I definitely think Terry is every chance to go out and play a blinder and if he does I'll be in some real trouble"

Despite the result, United are expected to name new recruit Kurt Gidley tomorrow who is likely to line up at Fullback which is a position the team hasn't had a whole lot of depth in.

Gidley was indirectly traded in after trading Todd Carney to the Kamikaze Pirates in exchange for Parramatta five-eighth Ben Roberts so United were able to pick up Gidley with sufficient kicking points and we talked to Thtr about the trade.

"Obviously this wasn't a decision that we took lightly at all, Todd will be a big loss as he has been one of our shining lights in a poor start to the season however In the long run we had better depth at Five-Eighth then we did at Fullback and Gidley was available also an option to play at Halfback but we have good depth their with Jordan Rankin and Peter Wallace"

"Wade Graham and Ben Roberts are also guy that can do what's required and it will depend on if Wade Graham is picked at lock and not on the bench, At this stage we favourite Wade to fill the role"

Struggling Souths continue

Souths United remain without a win after a last match loss to #Darcy Army courtesy of Terry Campese Brilliance to get the Army over the line with a 55-47 win. Souths United recorded the lowest score this week.

United was unlucky to lose in their first round match against the Robbin' Thieven Hoods after scoring 73 points in defeat however the scoring has simply not been there since and coach Thehattrickrabbit claims it's down to Inconsistency to score points.

"We obviously scored very well in the first week and was unlucky not to come away with the two points and last week we only managed 26 points which was simply not good enough, a minor improvement this week but we are a better team the our current ranking"

"We certainly fancied ourselves with the strike in the backs with Carney and Greg Inglis and our monster forward pack who has been the most consistent part of our scoring but it just hasn't been so far"

Souths United will later name their Round 5 with new additions Reni Maitua, Kurt Gidley and Ben Roberts set to make their debut for the club.

Kurt Gidley was traded into the club at the expense of Todd Carney with Souths United believing they needed to balance their depth out wide.

Parramatta's Reni Maitua has been a shining light for the majorly struggling club and his present position of playing close to 80 minutes for the side was the reason he was traded in by Thehattrickrabbit

"Reni's a great signing for us because he fits in well for us with the Injury to Shaun (Fensom) and he will be thereabouts to getting workhorse tries and he scored a try last week, Parramatta's only so we have faith in him to do well for us".

Souths United name Round 5 line-up

United have named new faces Kurt Gidley & Reni Maitua in their Round 5 Team to face the Golden Pash Troopers this weekend.

Kurt Gidley will finally fill the hole that was patched at Fullback at times by Kyle Stanley while Reni Maitua is named at Lock as a handy replacement for Shaun Fensom who is currently Injured.

Coach Thtr has named Rookie Winger Jack Wighton at Five-Eighth for this weekend in an unorthodox moce that hopefully it will pay dividends. Wighton scored 2 line-breaks last week although was not named and is favoured over Recruit Ben Roberts who didn't score last week for the Kamikaze Pirates as part of poor form that is extended to the whole of Parramatta.

Reni Maitua's recent trend of playing close to 80 minutes has got him the spot as one of the shining lights of a presently dismal Parramatta team with Mitch Allgood handed another chance after two straight weeks of missing the Workhorse Try Target.

Kyle Stanley shifts from Fullback to Centre while Kane Linnett goes back to the bench along with Wade Graham who returns to the squad after a small stint in Reserve Grade.

Rabbitohs NRL backrower Dave Taylor was left out of the team because of Indifferent Form while Rooster Aiden Guerra faces 2-3 weeks on the sideline.

In form Rabbitohs back Greg Inglis has been named Captain with Peter Wallace retaining the kicking duties over new recruit Gidley.

The Team is:

1 Kurt GIDLEY
2 Daniel VIDOT
3 Kyle STANLEY
4 Greg INGLIS [c]
5 Bill TUPOU
6 Jack WIGHTON
7 Peter WALLACE [Gk]
8 James GRAHAM
9 Matt SRAMA
10 Martin KENNEDY
11 Dene HALATAU
12 David STAGG
13 Reni MAITUA

14 Wade GRAHAM
15 Mitch ALLGOOD
16 Kane LINNETT
17 Jordan RANKIN

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Golden Pash Troopers

01. Matt Bowen
02. Ash Graham
03. Blake Ayshford
04. Brent Tate
05. BJ Leilua
06. Jonathan Thurston (k)
07. Shaun Johnson
08. Jason King
09. Andrew McCullough
10. Ben Matulino
11. Gavin Cooper (c)
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Luke Lewis

14. Kevin Kingston
15. Alex Glenn
16. Brett Stewart
17. Mitch Aubusson

ForestDragon

Juniors
Coach Tugginmypuddha was not happy with his halves perfomance and Benji and DCE have been called in for a small chat.
Coach also gave himself an uppercut for having tim grant and justin o,neill in his team when both were late withdrawals.

ForestDragon

Juniors
David Simmons,Zeb Taia,Ben Hornby all come into the squad for the Hoods

1..Lachlan coote
2..Manu vatuvei
3..Dane Nielsen
4..Blake Ferguson
5..David Simmons
6..Benji marshall (k) capt
7..Dale cherry evans
8..Luke Bailey
9..Mitch Rein
10,Luke Douglas
11.Liam Fulton
12.Zeb Taia
13..Elijah taylor

14.,JWH
15..Trent Merrin
16..Ben Hornby
17..William Zillman

No Ticker, No Kicker

Souths United have made a big play which could bring them back into Finals contention by opting to Sack Kurt Gidley to pick up Attacking Hooker Genius Issac Luke who also can offer workhorse capabilities.

Souths United hasn't even looked close to winning in most of their 5 successive losses to begin the year and It was only an 8 point loss on two occasions that could of been for Thehattrickrabbit's troops but they've gone all out to get some credibility back on the board.

Despite Luke being labelled as a kicker, He is not preferred to Rabbitohs halfback Adam Reynolds for the Goal-Kicking Reigns whilst Peter Wallace has the duties whilst Corey Parker is out of the team due to Injury. Though Parker is preferred once he returns from time on the sidelines though Wallace if not picked for NSW origin will most likely perform the duty for 3 games upcoming.

When asked about the controversial move, Thtr seemed assured as to what he was doing.

"We have potentially two part-time kickers in the team with Peter (Wallace) & Issac (Luke) so we will get some kicking points on occasions but that is only a small part of the game unless in close contests"

"I am sure when it's a close run thing it may cost us the two points but Issac's brilliance and workhorse try ability can certainly win games single handedly and what you want in this game is Attack & Defense accounts for nothing so picking up one of the better Attackers in the game will be a massive plus for any team.

We are lacking that real star factor and Issac certainly brings that to the team. With Fensom injured and Greg Inglis still finding his groove at the back we need more then one or two capable captains to cover each other if form is a hard thing to find".

From a different perspect it's arguable that a captain's double can also be more of a game winner then the goal kicking which could add to the reasoning of this decision.