What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Jesse Southwell (the incumbent NSW and 2 time premiership winning half back) had a fair claim on being well ahead of Pearson as the Blues half for this series and she is both ahead of Pearson in quality now and has a significantly higher ceiling that Pearson, even in her prime.

I think the truth is, Hilder picked the side and set the game plan and has to wear ALL the responsibility for the series loss - whilst the NRLW is limited in its current development in the coaching ranks with clear affiliations to existing clubs going to occur so there NEEDS TO BE a clear separation of team selections by a committee to ensure that the team selected is not coloured by bias or previous affiliations at the representative level and it clearly didn't happen in this series
As you mentioned it’s hard to seperate club affiliations but that aside Hilder just isn’t up to it, I mean given half the team are players from her own club they’d have some combinations and fluidity but the players deadset look like they’ve never met before.

macavity

Referee
As you mentioned it’s hard to seperate club affiliations but that aside Hilder just isn’t up to it, I mean given half the team are players from her own club they’d have some combinations and fluidity but the players deadset look like they’ve never met before.

DEI at work.

Burwood

Bench
Should have been Women's NSW coach these last few years. Never quite understood his "upgrade" to NSW Cup and it will be very interesting how the girls play this season without him at the helm.

Apey

Staff member
Should have been Women's NSW coach these last few years. Never quite understood his "upgrade" to NSW Cup and it will be very interesting how the girls play this season without him at the helm.
Makes me wonder if he was pushed into the NSW Cup role or just decided it's not for him after a single season.

Nuke

Staff member
Well that's really disappointing. I was disappointed that he stepped down from coaching our NRLW team, especially as he'd been the one of the mens All-Stars coaches. He's clearly got a decent rap on him from people in the game. If he couldn't be our womens coach, I'd have liked to see him get a run as our mens coach.

To have him step down to a mens pathway team was disappointing in my eyes, but if he's now going across to NZ to coach their NRLW team, well, I'm even more disappointed.

Latest posts